Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Women don't always go for looks. Sure I like some form of attraction. But many women like to have someone with the same likes or intrigue them on different things in life. We look at how your standards in life are, how you act, your capabilities, friendliness, understanding, if you are entertaining, funny, smar, kind, loving, a worker, strong, manly, girly, brave, and at times if you Are good with money, dress decent, and how you carry yourself.

If you just came up to me randomly I would think you are a bit off too! However if you joined a conversation and had valid points I then would judge many of the things said above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
NEVER give your number to a woman expecting her to call YOU! 99 times out of 100 she will smile then toss the #.

GO thru the pain, ASK for her number, get the number (10% of the time, yes, 90% failure - or if you're anything like me back in the day perhaps 95% failure - you gotta get thick skin) TELL her you're going to call, then DO it when you said you WOULD. If she doesn't answer the first time you call, leave ONE message. If you get no response to the message DO NOT CALL BACK. NO chasing, NO groveling.

Do this 500 times in one year if you have the nerve, I guarantee you something will stick; this is how my friend Ron in SF became quite the ladies' man, he was persistent, he (quite frankly) looked the way Ron Jeremy does today, which is to say he wasn't a "10".

Confidence, persistence, and manners. and respect. If they gave him a bad # back in the day when he called, he'd just laugh. He had this inner "something" they saw, and he always made it about them not him. He was more gracious and composed while losing than most men are when winning.
YES, YES and YES - This is all any guy needs to know

Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know, some women were taught from a young age that a proper young lady DOES NOT call boys/men, least of all STRANGE ones who approach you in public
This is my first answer. I don't think I'd ever called a man back that I met in person and after a 2 min convo. If I like the guy and he asks, I'll give him my number to call me or even email me but to be givena number and told to call is an invite to chase and I don't chase men. I prefer men to pursue me.

Second answer could have been no interest. Most times I met men like that I would be nice and even take the number but trash it soon as they left the room.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
So you are saying that girls are more receptive to a guy asking her for her number than giving her his number?
Yes.

Quote:
I've seen it the other way around. I've seen girls who seem very hesitant to give their numbers out to men.
Then they are not interested.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,972,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

When I read the op the poster seemed like a nice guy, although I didn’t agree with his conclusion, then after a few responses he became very defensive, critical and rude almost to the point of turning on the posters, blaming them and making accusations. This reminded me of the type of guys that hit on a women then become angry when they don’t reciprocate in the manner they had wanted and insist that it must be something inherently wrong with all women. A bit narcissistic, maybe. I also notice he only responded to the women. Maybe many of these women sensed something was a little off as opposed to all women having high expectations, no social skills and not recognizing how utterly awesome the approacher is. No offense to the OP, just my observation.
Maybe you need to go ahead and read the entire thread then. Because you're off base. I have never acted violently or forcefully towards a woman in my entire life. And the suggestion that I am possibly a narcissist who would favor this type of behavior is absolutely, down right insulting to me.

BTW, thread followers, I am currently in talks with a couple girls. Yes, even the one whom I gave my number to (she texted me). The other actually approaced me when I met up with a meetup group. So, to you doubters... boo ya!

Last edited by Z3N1TH 0N3; 09-09-2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
Maybe you need to go ahead and read the entire thread then. Because you're off base. I have never acted violently or forcefully towards a woman in my entire life. And the suggestion that I am possibly a narcissist who would favor this type of behavior is absolutely, down right insulting to me.

BTW, thread followers, I am currently in talks with a couple girls. Yes, even the one whom I gave my number to (she texted me). The other actually approaced me when I met up with a meetup group. So, to you doubters... boo ya!
I did read the entire thread. I never suggested you acted violently or forcefully towards any woman. I never suggested YOU were possibly a narcissist. I commented on a possible narcissist behavior some men exibit.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:12 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know, some women were taught from a young age that a proper young lady DOES NOT call boys/men, least of all STRANGE ones who approach you in public

It really could be as simple as that, though I'm sure you don't want to believe it.
This. If it were me it would be because I'm being cautious and don't wanna get in a bad situation where I could be violated

Old 09-09-2011, 02:14 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,972,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
This. If it were me it would be because I'm being cautious and don't wanna get in a bad situation where I could be violated
As another poster said, you can't be violated over the phone or over the Internet.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,707 times
It can be funny in a way to watch men and women deal with each other advances when they are outside the normal circle of people who they deal with at time's

I watch my Girl and her friends at times and i find it funny when they are sitting there talking and guys come up and try to talk to them and they give them the look like go away and leave us alone .I will meet up with her at times at the local watering hole that we go to and i seen men time and time again do not get the hint that they are not really into them and they need to leave them alone.

When i walked into the place there a couple of time's the women are facing the guy and he not getting the body langauge or he does not care and trying to get one to leave the pack to have a drink with him ..When i walk up and they go our husband is here and we are leaving now .The guy get's this look like what and walks off

Old 09-09-2011, 02:47 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
...Yes.
Then they are not interested.
However, I have heard some women friends state that even if interested, they are reluctant to call any man's number offered them first. That would imply that they may be easy or worse, [gasp!] desperate. Social conditioning and the level of pride about initiation in area, seems great among women, especially in my age group. And whether out-dated or not, I dont see it changing much in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships