U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,934,047 times

Advertisements

This is so cute. I hope it works out between you two.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 PM

115 posts, read 195,189 times
i'm a total slackjaw from the sticks and EVEN I KNOW Pakistan is not in the middle east.

C'mon, people, learn some geography. geez....

Regarding the OP, good luck.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:40 PM

203 posts, read 409,028 times
Default uh-oh?

we arranged to meet tonight around 6-ish. he called and left a message around 5 saying he cant make it because a friend who he is in bad terms with had become available only to meet him tonight for dinner. he said he'd be happy to reschedule- either later tonight for coffee or a movie or tomorrow night or some other night aside from thurs. i am kinda bummed truth be told but texted him saying it was no prob. and to let me know when he is free next. i said i could meet him later tonight but then again it is sunday night so we cant stay up too late. he texted back thanking me for my patience and that he'll text me around 7 to see how i felt about hanging out. i said no worries even tho i am a tad bit disappointed since i was excited to see him but this sounded important and that id be happy to reschedule...

doesn't look like he is making it up...should i meet him later tonight? or wait till later in the week? i was really looking forward to seeing him.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:42 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,164,752 times
OMG, he seems like the kind of guy that has the potential to be a serial killer. Bad vibes all around. Wouldn't pay for Italian. Wouldn't go inside? Was important to get to work on time. Kissed you a bunch of times without slipping you the ole' tongue. Run and run fast, this guy sounds like a big time loser..

Just kidding. Sounds like a nice guy and that you guys could hit it off. However, I am always wary at the start of something good to talk about it. Can lead to jinxing it. Maybe it's me, but I am superstitious..

Good luck though, you both sound like catches..The fact that you understood that he didn't have the money, was very kind and courteous of you. Some women are very materialistic and apparently you aren't..

Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM

115 posts, read 195,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
we arranged to meet tonight around 6-ish. he called and left a message around 5 saying he cant make it because a friend who he is in bad terms with had become available only to meet him tonight for dinner. he said he'd be happy to reschedule- either later tonight for coffee or a movie or tomorrow night or some other night aside from thurs. i am kinda bummed truth be told but texted him saying it was no prob. and to let me know when he is free next. i said i could meet him later tonight but then again it is sunday night so we cant stay up too late. he texted back thanking me for my patience and that he'll text me around 7 to see how i felt about hanging out. i said no worries even tho i am a tad bit disappointed since i was excited to see him but this sounded important and that id be happy to reschedule...

doesn't look like he is making it up...should i meet him later tonight? or wait till later in the week? i was really looking forward to seeing him.
Are you guys going out now or still dating? I wouldn't worry about it, things come up all the time and plans falter. Meet him later if you can, if not, then later this week.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:48 PM

203 posts, read 409,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Are you guys going out now or still dating? I wouldn't worry about it, things come up all the time and plans falter. Meet him later if you can, if not, then later this week.
this would've been date 3

Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 PM

1,193 posts, read 879,827 times
This is a good start but until things are official he maybe dating other women.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:46 PM

45,132 posts, read 57,055,127 times
Quote:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt at least once. Meet him later this evening if it's convenient for you (and he really calls) since you were already planning on seeing him. Just take things easy and don't come off as too anxious for things to happen between you - take your time and let a friendship grow

Old 09-11-2011, 05:48 PM

4,459 posts, read 2,284,296 times
Quote:
well, im a muslim and this is my first time dating...so he is respectful of that and trying to make me comfy.
Is he a muslim too.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:16 PM

9,717 posts, read 6,997,905 times
mariagostrey...if you are "really looking forward to seeing him"...then why wouldn't you?? Have fun...don't read too much into his actions....this is all very new....goodluck, I hope he treats you very well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships