Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM

206 posts, read 768,270 times

Advertisements

hey all,

so after having a horrible experience on an online dating site for about a year, i finally came across a profile i really liked. just when i was about to message him i noticed that he had messaged me. he was equally interested and we messaged back and forth for like a week until we decided to meet. this was the first time before an online dating site date that i was actually nervous; he seemed like a legit guy.

we met and had a really fun 3 hour coffee date. we seemed to have a nice chemistry and had a lot to things to talk about. he told me about 3 times that he thought i was beautiful and attractive and i blushed and told him i thought he was really cute and hot. he said he was looking for something serious that could lead to marriage- i was taken aback by this since at 24 and never having had a bf talk of marriage on a first date seemed REALLLY too fast. but he clarified that he wasn't looking to get married right now- just some day but that he wanted to be in a relationship that would lead to that. he asked me out for the next time and we hugged twice before parting ways.

date 2 ensued 2 days later. we met up for dinner. we walked around the mall and he asked where i wanted to eat. i brought him to this italian place and we looked at the menu outside where he said that was too pricey for him. (he is a recent grad school graduate who is temping). i quickly said that we could go to a more affordable place and went to a middle eastern place where we shared a kebob platter. we talked a lot and had a real fun time with some mild flirting going on. after about 3 hours he said he needed to get home early so he could make it to work on time, he decided to give me a ride home. it was legit storming so that was a pretty adventurous time driving back here. once parked outside my house in the pouring rain i asked if he wanted to come inside to see my place. he said he wants to wait before he takes that step. also that he knows himself and if he comes inside, he will want to kiss me. i blushed and said he could kiss me on the cheek if he wanted to.and he did. i then asked him if i could kiss him on the cheek and he says yes and i do. he says he'll text me once he gets home and kisses me on the cheek once more before i get out and run in the pouring rain inside. he texts me after an hour saying he had a wonderful time and it was so nice to feel an innocent peck. i thanked him for the amazing night and said i was excited to see him again.

its been two days since and we have been texting back and forth. he usually texts me in the morning to say hi and has been trying to help me look for internships. we have tentative plans to hang out this weekend so lets see where that goes. i think i really could like this guy and find myself thinking about him all the time. i just wanted to ask if this was all good or if i was doing anything wrong? what do you more experienced guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 PM

422 posts, read 756,874 times
Sounds like you guys are hitting it off

Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
hey all,

so after having a horrible experience on an online dating site for about a year, i finally came across a profile i really liked. just when i was about to message him i noticed that he had messaged me. he was equally interested and we messaged back and forth for like a week until we decided to meet. this was the first time before an online dating site date that i was actually nervous; he seemed like a legit guy.

we met and had a really fun 3 hour coffee date. we seemed to have a nice chemistry and had a lot to things to talk about. he told me about 3 times that he thought i was beautiful and attractive and i blushed and told him i thought he was really cute and hot. he said he was looking for something serious that could lead to marriage- i was taken aback by this since at 24 and never having had a bf talk of marriage on a first date seemed REALLLY too fast. but he clarified that he wasn't looking to get married right now- just some day but that he wanted to be in a relationship that would lead to that. he asked me out for the next time and we hugged twice before parting ways.

date 2 ensued 2 days later. we met up for dinner. we walked around the mall and he asked where i wanted to eat. i brought him to this italian place and we looked at the menu outside where he said that was too pricey for him. (he is a recent grad school graduate who is temping). i quickly said that we could go to a more affordable place and went to a middle eastern place where we shared a kebob platter. we talked a lot and had a real fun time with some mild flirting going on. after about 3 hours he said he needed to get home early so he could make it to work on time, he decided to give me a ride home. it was legit storming so that was a pretty adventurous time driving back here. once parked outside my house in the pouring rain i asked if he wanted to come inside to see my place. he said he wants to wait before he takes that step. also that he knows himself and if he comes inside, he will want to kiss me. i blushed and said he could kiss me on the cheek if he wanted to.and he did. i then asked him if i could kiss him on the cheek and he says yes and i do. he says he'll text me once he gets home and kisses me on the cheek once more before i get out and run in the pouring rain inside. he texts me after an hour saying he had a wonderful time and it was so nice to feel an innocent peck. i thanked him for the amazing night and said i was excited to see him again.

its been two days since and we have been texting back and forth. he usually texts me in the morning to say hi and has been trying to help me look for internships. we have tentative plans to hang out this weekend so lets see where that goes. i think i really could like this guy and find myself thinking about him all the time. i just wanted to ask if this was all good or if i was doing anything wrong? what do you more experienced guys think?
I don't see anything wrong....you did good so far. Sounds like the relationship has potential

Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
we met up for dinner. we walked around the mall and he asked where i wanted to eat. i brought him to this italian place and we looked at the menu outside where he said that was too pricey for him.
A pretty tacky move after having asked...

Damn, poor men are just a sad picture.. Good thing some women don't mind.

Quote:
he says he'll text me once he gets home and kisses me on the cheek once more before i get out and run in the pouring rain inside. he texts me after an hour saying he had a wonderful time and it was so nice to feel an innocent peck.
Well, neither one of you appears to be 12, but whatever floats your boat...

Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 PM

257 posts, read 608,537 times
Quote:

we met up for dinner. we walked around the mall and he asked where i wanted to eat. i brought him to this italian place and we looked at the menu outside where he said that was too pricey for him. (he is a recent grad school graduate who is temping). i quickly said that we could go to a more affordable place and went to a middle eastern place where we shared a kebob platter.
I liked that he was honest about the Italian place being too pricey for him...instead of just saying "ok" to give the impression he could afford it when he really couldn't.

I hope this boy ends up being a real good thing for you...and you for him...Good Luck!!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
A pretty tacky move after having asked...

Damn, poor men are just a sad picture.. Good thing some women don't mind.

Well, neither one of you appears to be 12, but whatever floats your boat...
lol you are so blunt... trying to ruin it for her!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
What do I care...?! The girl asked; I answered.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Sounds great to me. I also like that he was honest and not try to show off. He is a student and it wouldn't be a good move to go into debt because of dating.

Also, sounds like he was willing to take a risk of rejection (by saying it was too pricey), so sounds like he is looking for something real.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:40 PM

530 posts, read 779,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
Umm....she has this thing about milk. It's hard to explain.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555 View Post
Sounds great to me. I also like that he was honest and not try to show off. He is a student and it wouldn't be a good move to go into debt because of dating.

Also, sounds like he was willing to take a risk of rejection (by saying it was too pricey), so sounds like he is looking for something real.
Agreed. Sounds like a catch to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships