Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
Read the game by neil strauss and you will realize you're a classic example of an AFC (average frustrated chump). That book might change your life. When's the last time you got laid?
Lol, what a coincidence. A friend of my mom suggested that book for me and I just bought it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Texas user, I'm not one of those pathetic guys that think every girl who says hello to me is into me, those types drive me nuts. I know she had feelings for me because she expressed those feelings in obvious ways, and, we were together once sort of. It was a short lived casual thing but it happened none the less. { not sex, but we did kiss and do social things together. Never came to sex though. }
You say your not "one of those guys" yet you made a post about this incident on a message board. C'mon man you didnt even f her and your making her out to be something more. Yeah you knew her since you were a kid but you never took the reigns when it came to sexual tension. The best thing you can do right now is f some other girl your interested in.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Take a closer look at my post. I said WE DID kiss and cuddle and do things together.
Sorry, I missed that. What kind of kiss was it?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Um, EVERYONE is afraid of rejection. But if you don't put yourself out there, you get to live with the regret that you didn't.
I am NOT afraid of rejection. I don't think anyone should be. Its part of life. Nobody is perfect. Sure, your first rejection may hurt the most but you will get used it afterall. Its just like any other profitable business out there.

The biggest rejection is not even trying.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
Read the game by neil strauss and you will realize you're a classic example of an AFC (average frustrated chump). That book might change your life. When's the last time you got laid?
Lol. You read the DJ Bible? Are you a Don Juan (DJ)?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:57 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Guys it is your job to open your mouth and ask for what you want. If you think that the girl is going to ask you your out of your mind. What makes the story sadder is that the op and at least one other poster stated that the girl of their dreams was a best friend at one time or another. When you find a best friend that happens to be someone you would want to spend your entire life with why would you let her get away?

Maybe someone needs to write a book about that. The perfect partner is someone that you just can't imagine living without. Many people never find that in their life. You guys had it and let it get away.

Now here is what you do. Forget her, don't go to the wedding. She belongs to another. Find someone else that will make you happy. If that doesn't work go and make a complete fool of yourself and tell her that she is the girl for you.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:07 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Normally, guys have to do the asking and girls wait and if he does not, she will move on, thats how it is.
ooookaaaayyy

I don't disagree, just don't understand why you are saying that in answer my my post?

Anyway, clearly the girl has moved on - and just as clearly, he never pursued her.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's a better example of "nothing venture, nothing gained." Nice doesn't really have much to do with it, but not pursuing something when you have the chance to do so, and then being upset when the moment passes you by might.
EXACTLY.

You snooze, you lose

Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
ooookaaaayyy

I don't disagree, just don't understand why you are saying that in answer my my post?

Anyway, clearly the girl has moved on - and just as clearly, he never pursued her.
I was responding.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
You will get over this. I say ...say nothing. Unfortunately you had plenty of time to express your feelings and chose not to. You never know when someone is going to enter someone life so sitting around thinking they will always be there is a tragedy. I know you feel bad but next time you find someone who makes you feel that way, tell them........pursue them......desire them.

All wounds heal over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships