Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you personally approve of interracial marriages?
Approve 190 87.96%
Disapprove 23 10.65%
Not sure 3 1.39%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:36 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Where I live, I find that too many white men my age are married or seriously dating outside of their race.
Interesting!

I reckon you live in Chinatown. Bah?...... Or in proximity to "a" Chinatown perhaps?

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 09-20-2011 at 01:57 PM..

Old 09-20-2011, 01:50 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Where I live, I find that too many white men my age are married or seriously dating outside of their race. It bugs me because they should be available for me instead.
Oh well, such is life. Maybe you should move. Northern Idaho would seem like a good fit for you.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Besides his marital issues, I think Tiger Woods turned out just fine.
My father was explicitly talking about the media attention Tiger Woods received for cheating on his wife. My father felt like "How do we know other athletes don't cheat on their wives? What made this a big frenzy was a Black man cheating on his White wife". That is what my father saw in the situation.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My father was explicitly talking about the media attention Tiger Woods received for cheating on his wife. My father felt like "How do we know other athletes don't cheat on their wives? What made this a big frenzy was a Black man cheating on his White wife". That is what my father saw in the situation.
Reminds me of the time when Sandra Bullock's "black" husband's infidelity was all over the news.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:14 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Agreed. Though he comes from an interracial marriage and was in one, I don't see that as having anything to do with his marital issues, and you have to say he's done quite well for himself by any measure.
I didn't mean that he had martial problems because he was biracial, I ment that as a product of a intrracial marriage he's life turned out damn good(I would have traded places with him in a minute) in spite of his Marital affairs.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who gives a damn what the media or anybody else thinks. If you want to be with somebody of a diffrent race or ethnicity then do it, if you don't then thats fine too, but don't live your life for the media or your family or anybody else.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I didn't mean that he had martial problems because he was biracial, I ment that as a product of a intrracial marriage he's life turned out damn good(I would have traded places with him in a minute) in spite of his Marital affairs.
Nah, I feel ya. Not trying to dispute that point.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
Why would a muslim guy not be allowed in your house? Sounds foolish to me.
Not foolish at all. I'm gay. Anything that involves Islam is probably not good for my health. I'm sure any children I might bare in the (distant) future would very much understand the situation and not put me in that predicament - The predicament being them dating/marrying one.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
There is a kind of hyper-consciousness about race in the gay community that tends to be the cause of a lot of racial strife and selectivity among different groups. Much of it is based on exaggerated stereotypes certain groups maintain about others. You mentioned the phenomenon of racial exclusion and selectivity in personals ads of women seeking men earlier. In the gay dating scene, the phenomenon is much more pronounced, widespread, and unapologetic.

Don't Ask, Just Tell: Sexual racism is at the core of what many gay men believe to be ''preferences'': Opinion section: Metro Weekly magazine, Washington, DC newspaper
There is no such thing as sexual racism. If people don't find a race attractive, then there is simply nothing that can be done about it. Calling gay men sexually racist is no different than calling them sexually sexist because they don't want to sleep with women

And just to make this part of the conversation a little more interesting, every single non-white gay friend of mine exclusively dates/hooks up with white men. I have asked several of them why, and they give various reasons, but I will never really understand it. I feel bad for them, because we are all in our early 20s and live in an urban area of a big city and white people aren't even the largest demographic that they interact with. The younger the population is, and the more urban the population is, the less likely the population will be white. Countless of my nonwhite friends are never going to find partners unless they open themselves up to people like them simply because there aren't enough of us white guys to go around anymore. Their situation is exacerbated because most white men also want to date other white men.

Yeah, not sure why white guys, particularly recessive featured white guys, are glorified within the gay community to such an excessive degree. I benefit from it, as I am a recessive featured white guy, but I do feel really bad for my friends at times over this issue.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Ha that's what capitalism will do, it's not about tolerance its about survival. You her mom cares? As long as the brother has a good job and doesn't have a record I don't think she will really give a damn about his race.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships