Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Where on earth in this whole thread do you find any indication of this whatsoever? How horribly embittered you sound, you poor thing!
i wasn't stating my interpretation of the facts he presented, i was instead sharing my experiences (and observations of outcomes) with such situations.

perhaps i should've made that clearer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 12:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny how? View Post
Now I love this!! People, this is what we say when we have no real good advice to give!!

And I, for one, need to keep this in mind.
Hahahaha......I tried to rep you. And I think a thanks in order?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Maybe you should just ask her at the end of your third fake date if she feels safe enough with you to consider dating you for real. The honest approach might work better than other approaches.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Is this really true? Wow.

So I basically have to keep doing what I've been doing thus far? There's no guarantee that I will get what I want, though. What if I never do? What if it ends up the way my other flings with girls have: strong and amazing at the beginning & then she finds someone else and leaves me for him? (This has happened to me twice in the past 3 years)

I know my heart can take it if it happens again, but I really, really don't want it to. I want things to work out for me for once.

How would I know when she's "ready" to date or wants me to ask her out on a date? What if I ask & she says no? Like I said, I don't want my heart to have to take pain again. I want to be successful with a woman at least once.
Here's why this feels so uncomfortable: you are being forced to "act" a lie and do something false in order to satisfy these conditions of hers.

She was damaged because of bad choices she made in a past relationship. She got intimate with a guy too fast. Either she knew he was a sleaze, or she was fooled into sleeping with a sleaze. But in either case, it sounds like she had sex before she had spent enough time getting to know this guy. That was her mistake. Not dating him. If she were to say about new relationships (including this one with you), "I would like to date you and see where this goes. With regards to physical intimacy, that's not something I even consider until I have taken the time to thoroughly get to know the person I'm dating," then that would have been one thing. In fact, that would be a pretty wise thing.

But to say you can't even pretend to like her or show that you're dating until you're "friends" for awhile first? That would never work for me. I know you are scared of "losing" her, but in truth, if she's not ready to date (you or anyone else), then you have no chance of "having" her as a girlfriend to begin with. You will just waste your time and get hurt in the end. This will be your third date. If things go well, I would talk to her seriously at the end. Tell her clearly that you have no expectation for physical intimacy in the immediate future, that you don't want to even think about that until you two really have gotten to know if this is right, but that you also aren't okay with pretending not to even like her, pretending these aren't even real dates. Tell her that you would like to date her for real, but that if she isn't ready for that sort of relationship with a man, you will understand.

Do NOT agree to just be platonic friends, if that isn't honestly how you feel. Do NOT agree to keep "fake dating" if that is not honestly how you feel. If you give away all your power and lie down in the road to get run over, you can't complain later how you're treated. Act assertively now. And in truth, women are not usually attracted to spineless men they can walk all over. If you don't value yourself at all, why should she?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Do NOT agree to just be platonic friends, if that isn't honestly how you feel. Do NOT agree to keep "fake dating" if that is not honestly how you feel. If you give away all your power and lie down in the road to get run over, you can't complain later how you're treated. Act assertively now. And in truth, women are not usually attracted to spineless men they can walk all over. If you don't value yourself at all, why should she?
couldn't have said it better myself

Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM

461 posts, read 782,509 times
Couldn't agree more with h886's post. Don't lower yourself by accepting crumbs. She won't respect you for it either.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:10 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Read over all this stuff & 'twas interesting. Just ended a long Gchat conversation with the girl as she's home & I'm at work.

I'm just going to go out with her & have fun & see where it goes. When I feel the moment's right, I'll do what needs to be done. Either it will work or it won't & then I'll move on from there in whatever direction is necessary.

Case closed.

Fun times tomorrow is all I'm looking for. Just get to know her & have her get to know me.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Good Soviet don't get her knocked up!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
this isnt gonna end well but whatever ur desperate

Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM

257 posts, read 608,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
When I feel the moment's right, I'll do what needs to be done.
But what if the two of you get past this fake date stuff and eventually you find yourself in the position where the two of you are going to have sex for the very first time.....and as she is on her back and you are about to enter her for the very first time she looks at you and then says:

"Whoa there buster....I said OK to this but I want the FAKE penis!!"

lollol

At counter at pizza parlor..."May I please have two slices of pizza to go....the fake ones"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships