Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:53 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
OP, You need to leave the relationship. He SHOULD dump you. You don't love him. You loved his money. AS someone else wrote, he would be better off with out you.
Why do people keep talking about her wanting his money??? He was making $60,000 and has FIVE kids!! Just what kind of money do you people think he has to throw around on his girlfriend??? HE HAS FIVE KIDS that he is supporting, plus his bills and debts, whatever. Hello? Call her whatever, but enough of the gold digging comments. That is just freaking laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethebest View Post
He was making $60,000 a year at a factory when we started dating 2 years ago. He has 5 kids by 4 women. He was never broke and always made time for me and our relationship has been good so far. The company he worked for closed 4 months ago. He wanted to get back to work right away and has been putting in several applications. He finally got a job as a cook at Ihop. He is making $9.00 an hour now. His savings in gone because he has been paying his bills and child support. He doesn't get paid for two weeks. The job does not pay enough for him to pay all his bills and I have helped out by giving him $400 over the past 2 months to help with his bills. He is depressed because he is not making enough money and I'm tired of helping him with money. I love him but this is a hard situation. Would you break up over money?
Yes.

[he needs to focus his energy on those who are important to him and honestly love him - don't waste his time]

Old 09-24-2011, 05:14 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Would I break up over money? In this situation, without hesitation, YES.

In this situation, it's nothing for you to be ashamed of, or be called a "gold-digger" for (LOL). This guy's situation is what it is. It's not an issue of him being underemployed in this economy. He had 5 kids he's taking care of. IMO, that's a HUGE thing to consider. He could find another 60K job next week, and STILL has to deal with these payments until the kids are 18.

Unless you want the responsibility of being the major breadwinner for the two of you in your relationship, I'd move on right now. There's nothing to be ashamed of at all. It is what it is, and you have the option not to *buy* into it.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:15 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Would you break up over money?
Doubtful.

Quote:
He has 5 kids by 4 women.
This, however, would tip the scales in favor of "run like hell". YMMV.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
5 kids, by 4 women ?? Are you making this story up ???

9.00 an hour, how the hell is he affording those kids, paying rent, and putting food in his body ?! He must be living on free iHop ... Additionally, from $60k a year, to less than $20k a year ... I bet he would have been making more on unemployment -

Sad.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:35 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
I honestly can't get past the 5 kids by 4 women.

So what happens when you end up pregnet with child number six and seven? Even if he still had his old job, that's a lot of kids. I love transcends all boundaries but I just don't know about this one.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 AM

6 posts, read 5,785 times
you must be confuse she never said that she did not care about herself. the fact of the matter is that shes giving him 400.00 off and on to help him and if she really care about her self. she would leave i take that she do not have a child by him yes run run like hell and do not look back.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:04 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner0325 View Post
I would break up with him because he has 5 kids by 4 women
Bingo.Shows irresponsibility,immaturity and a whole other host of undesirable traits when it comes to reproduction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships