Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:23 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
She was probably hesitant to stand/sit too near some idiot sitting in a Chicago bar cheering for the f***ing Vikings! That could be dangerous to her health!
I was at Redmond's in Wrigleyville.....it's a Viking's Bar.

Redmond's Ale House

How does that foot in your mouth taste?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I was at Redmond's in Wrigleyville.....it's a Viking's Bar.

Redmond's Ale House

How does that foot in your mouth taste?
It tastes PACKER GREEN! But dont worry. Y'all may win a game or 2 this year!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:54 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times
If you're a young guy who has it even halfway together who likes to frequent bars and clubs you oughtta know that there are as many "smokin' hot" available and willing girls around as their are oxygen molecules. Way way too many fish in the sea to give even a three-minute thought--let alone a CD post--to one rude little girl with the manners of a hyena.
Forget about her this instant, young man. Get outta this forum and go on over to espn.com and check out some football scores & highlights.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:16 AM

257 posts, read 608,537 times
Quote:
I'm at a bar in wrigleyville some friends watching the Vikings blow a 17-0 first half lead (Vikings usually aren't on regular TV if they play the same time as the Bears).

A smoking hot girl I went high school with walks up right behind me to meet a group of her friends, I notice her, tap her on the shoulder, say hi, she immediately recognizes me and gives me a hug. We chat for like 20 seconds, she says "I'm meeting some friends so let me say hi to them and then I'll come back and talk to you". I'm cool with that, I'm religious about football so I'm occupied with the game anyway.

Well, she never came back to talk to me, she was literally 6 feet away from me, and some dudes were hitting on her so I'm sure she was busy with that. The game ended probably 30 minutes later, I was furious as they lost with 26 seconds left and all 3 timeouts in their pocket (damn that team), and I said "later" to my friends and stormed out of the bar and went home. My friends understand as I've done this before when the Vikes blow it and they don't mind, we meet up at the same bar every sunday to watch football. But I never said bye or tried to talk to that girl again.

Would this be considered rude to the girl?
First of all, she sounds to me like one of those self-centered ME ME its all about ME chicks that has to be the center of attraction and having the attention of just one boy isn't good enough for her...she needs and actually requires the attention of multiple boys.....so sad really...so shallow....

Second of all, she is a liar ( telling you she will come back to talk to you )...what a pathetic person she must be thinking she is so special that just maybe, just maybe she will be able to find a second or two out of her so very busy life to talk to little ole you. But then again most self-absorbed individuals usually are liars....its like part of their daily life-style

Third...your storming off angry out of the place over the ouctome of a sporting event must make the others around you really think to themselves.."What an as_hole!"

Get a grip on your emotions due to no girl will be attracted to a boy who can't keep his emotions under control....especially over a game..so silly..if you lose yourself over a football game I would think to myself "Imagine him losing control like that while with me"......

Also

Maybe my opinion of her and the situation is wrong..meaning maybe she was planning on coming back to chat with you for a bit but then she noticed what a hot head you were over a silly football game and decided to stay clear of you......that is a possiblity you know!

Last edited by Fashion Girl; 09-19-2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old 09-19-2011, 10:20 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
If you're a young guy who has it even halfway together who likes to frequent bars and clubs you oughtta know that there are as many "smokin' hot" available and willing girls around as their are oxygen molecules. Way way too many fish in the sea to give even a three-minute thought--let alone a CD post--to one rude little girl with the manners of a hyena.
Forget about her this instant, young man. Get outta this forum and go on over to espn.com and check out some football scores & highlights.
Maybe we should set him up on a date with TVSG!!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:36 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
I'm at a bar in wrigleyville some friends watching the Vikings blow a 17-0 first half lead (Vikings usually aren't on regular TV if they play the same time as the Bears).

A smoking hot girl I went high school with walks up right behind me to meet a group of her friends, I notice her, tap her on the shoulder, say hi, she immediately recognizes me and gives me a hug. We chat for like 20 seconds, she says "I'm meeting some friends so let me say hi to them and then I'll come back and talk to you". I'm cool with that, I'm religious about football so I'm occupied with the game anyway.

Well, she never came back to talk to me, she was literally 6 feet away from me, and some dudes were hitting on her so I'm sure she was busy with that. The game ended probably 30 minutes later, I was furious as they lost with 26 seconds left and all 3 timeouts in their pocket (damn that team), and I said "later" to my friends and stormed out of the bar and went home. My friends understand as I've done this before when the Vikes blow it and they don't mind, we meet up at the same bar every sunday to watch football. But I never said bye or tried to talk to that girl again.

Yes.

Look, I like football as much as the next guy. But, ultimately, sports is a bunch of damned nonsense. Especially when it comes to matters of the heart. And when you're blowing off someone like that to watch a bunch of pituitary gland cases tussle over an inflated sac of leather, then you need to rejigger your priorities.

I'd give her a call and say, "Hey, I should have said 'bye.' How can I make it up to you?"

Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,001 times
Quote:

I thought you were going to ask whether it was rude of her to not come back like she said.

Not saying bye or trying to talk to her wasn't rude, IMO. You're under no obligation to say goodbye unless you were there to meet her, and it sounds like you ran into her by accident.

Storming out of the bar because your team lost would be rude to me, but I don't get worked up over sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
She never followed through on coming back to talk to you so probably never even noticed your exit.
This. It sounds like she was just trying to make a quick exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post
First of all, she sounds to me like one of those self-centered ME ME its all about ME chicks that has to be the center of attraction and having the attention of just one boy isn't good enough for her...she needs and actually requires the attention of multiple boys.....so sad really...so shallow....

Second of all, she is a liar ( telling you she will come back to talk to you )...what a pathetic person she must be thinking she is so special that just maybe, just maybe she will be able to find a second or two out of her so very busy life to talk to little ole you. But then again most self-absorbed individuals usually are liars....its like part of their daily life-style

Third...your storming off angry out of the place over the ouctome of a sporting event must make the others around you really think to themselves.."What an as_hole!"

Get a grip on your emotions due to no girl will be attracted to a boy who can't keep his emotions under control....especially over a game..so silly..if you lose yourself over a football game I would think to myself "Imagine him losing control like that while with me"......

Also

Maybe my opinion of her and the situation is wrong..meaning maybe she was planning on coming back to chat with you for a bit but then she noticed what a hot head you were over a silly football game and decided to stay clear of you......that is a possiblity you know!
Maybe. Or maybe she just didn't want to talk to him in the first place, and said what she said to end the conversation. Either way, it doesn't sound like her not coming back really affected the OP's evening all that much.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
She was there to hang with her friends. You just happened to be there. She gave you ~30 seconds of her time, and went back to talking with her friends. Unless you were her boyfriend or her best friend in high school, I don't see what the problem is here- she wasn't there to see YOU.

Better luck next time.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
It was a set up dude(OP), is was an invite to chat with and come to her table. A smooth move next time would ask her to come over to the bar and buy her a drink. Get her away from the other perve men. Goodluck man!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Unfortunately, "Let's talk later" carries just about as much weight as it did in high school when friends signed your yearbook with "Keep in touch! Friends 4EVA!" It's a facile statement that feels good but means next to nothing.

She either flaked (if she wanted to come back, she would have) or you were REALLY unapproachable during the game. I mean, if you're mad enough to stomp out, maybe you didn't look like you were in the mood to catch up. In either case, it just wasn't meant to be at that time. I don't think it was a dumb move not to say goodbye, because she said she would come back, but you may have missed an opportunity to go out with her. Then again, it doesn't sound like you wanted to date her, so no harm, no foul.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-20-2011 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships