Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,007,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Interesting to see that the answers are differing between men and women. Hmm.
Yep. I noticed that as well. But my answers would be the same if the OP were a woman finding this about a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 05:03 PM

4,263 posts, read 8,137,648 times
To clarify..

I knew about the marriage previously. What I did not know was that they had a relationship, albeit FWB, at the time and decided to do that. I was led to believe they were just friends and that had stopped being friends due to him getting involved with someone.

The other stuff, I understand where people say "the past is the past" and that people all have things they regret.

However, we are talking about lots of risque pictures floating around the internet, postings and such on websites, possible prostitution activities and other risky behavior.

I was snooping because the relationship is serious, and we moved in together. I never felt I was getting the whole story, so, like an idiot, I did this. I am kicking myself, because it is tearing me apart from the insides.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,171,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yep. I noticed that as well. But my answers would be the same if the OP were a woman finding this about a man.
Agreed, my answer would be the same as well.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,359,684 times
I think it's pretty much a no-brainer that somebody who's concealing illegal activity is untrustworthy, as partners go.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM

257 posts, read 606,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post

I was snooping because the relationship is serious, and we moved in together. I never felt I was getting the whole story, so, like an idiot, I did this. I am kicking myself, because it is tearing me apart from the insides.
I'm sorry to hear that...I really am....I was kidding of course in my earlier reply but seeing how you say its tearing you apart inside just made me feel sadness..

I'll leave advice to the others here who know much more then I do but I hope things somehow work out for you and with her...

But with that said I try to live with that saying "Honesty is the best policy"

Good luck!

Old 09-19-2011, 05:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,643,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Hardly. I came here because I am married to a Yank.

And I didn't use GIYF, I stated it was your friend in a sentence.
Oooooooohhhh, convenient

Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,804,661 times
When you snoop, you have to be ready to deal with what you find. It appears that you weren't ready to snoop. If you feel differently about her now, end the realationship. If not, then forget about what you found and continue the relationship. I find that we are who we are and we don't change behavior much over time; same behavior, different strategy.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:30 PM

193 posts, read 449,105 times
If I were you, I wouldn't feel bad about snooping. Your intuition led you to be suspicious that she's not being truthful. If you had followed your intuition sooner, you wouldn't have moved in with her. So, you did the right thing. A little late but not too late. At least you didn't marry her.

I wouldn't care if a guy I am seriously dating or in a relationship with does some digging into my past. But then, I am a TMI kind of person.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,854,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
First off, I know snooping is wrong. Totally.

However, it's been done.

I don't even know how to explain this, but, I had some concerns about things she may have been involved in before we met.

She has mentioned things, but I have never really heard the whole story. They involve some kinky escapades, as well as a "convenience marriage."

Anyways, I found some things that have led me to believe that I wasn't told the whole story. Also, some of the things I found are a bit disturbing, and make me question if I want to be in this relationship.

Otherwise, our relationship has been totally amazing.

For me, I think the snooping was in an effort to double check about some things that I have been uncomfortable about since the start.

Should I confront her with what I know? Should I ask and see how she responds? Should I come clean about the snooping and tell her what I discovered?
We all have a freak flag that we fly occasionaly. We all have things that we would be embarrased to admit that we like or that is a "turn-on" I wouldn't worry much about it so long as it isn't TOO drastic.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:40 PM

4,263 posts, read 8,137,648 times
Should I bring it up with her and see what she says?

Or how would you broach that subject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships