Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:04 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times

Advertisements

Separated is still married.

He who cheats with you will cheat on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 10:57 PM

17 posts, read 24,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses2 View Post
i have been married since 6/10/09 my husband came home from prison sep 2011 a few months later i find out he had been cheating on me and had a baby on the way which the baby was born in 2013. I still stayed and tried to work things out. Later i find out that he had another baby by another women in january 2014 while i was pregnant with our 4th child. Before i had found out I was pregnant he had told me he no longer wanted to be with me and that he has been having a relationship with a different women since december 2012 which she is neither of the women who he had a baby with. i just gave birth to our son back in Augest 2014. He is back in prison and now he is talking about he dosent want to lose me or the other young women who hes been with since december 2012. I am lost. I have been going through a real bad emotional rollacoster for a while. Please Help

What? Do you need a news flash or a block of instruction? Dump his cheating, lying, no-good, jail-bird ass. He has fathered at least two children outside your "marriage", he's been with three other women that you know about, and he can't keep himself out of jail. I don't understand why you are needing advice. This is clear cut. Just some of the time I wish we ladies could make smart decisions about no-good men.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM

17 posts, read 24,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix74 View Post
What? Do you need a news flash or a block of instruction? Dump his cheating, lying, no-good, jail-bird ass. He has fathered at least two children outside your "marriage", he's been with three other women that you know about, and he can't keep himself out of jail. I don't understand why you are needing advice. This is clear cut. Just some of the time I wish we ladies could make smart decisions about no-good men.
Amen!!! Let us not be stupid behind men all our lives.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
my wife and I are separated
divorce is imminent
her and I have both dated since separating...I have banged a few, don't know or care if she has

its not cheating as we have discussed this and are aware that we are seeing others while we work out the split

its amazing however how many separated peeps out there have spouses that are unaware they are separated LOL...sorta keeping that to themselves

Old 09-16-2015, 09:17 AM

100 posts, read 81,671 times
If divorce is imminent I don't care. HOWEVER.

There needs to be time to heal, and this is definitely not enough time. Rebounds end in disaster. I mean, this is common sense stuff, come on.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:38 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
I don't care what Catholic Church is teaching, they better focus on their priests' actions and sins. My answer is "if 2 people broke up for good and moved out from each other lives, they are free to meet new partners without sense of guilt, regardless whether their prior divorce is final or not". Divorce can take years, and life is too short. If a person is not lying to his old or new partner, then it's a fair game, not cheating.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 381 times
I have been affiliated with the LDS church for a long time but have never gone to Temple for the final membership endowments. I have been friends with a man from my church for five years and I mean ordinary friends. About a year ago he packed his bags and left his wife, took an apartment in another town, does not go back to her for anything but does pay her utilities. He was my spiritual brother and my best friend. Nothing untoward ever happened between us. About 7 months after his separation he made overtures to me and we became involved. He has been told he can not come to church and I was on probation couldn't take communion, cant participate in groups. He was told that adultery is the same as murder and that he will never be able to attain the highest level of heaven because of this. He is devastated I am grief stricken because of his pain. I was a victim of the half truths and "sacred" materials that are not told to non temple members. I feel so guilty. I do love him which I didn't know until we were told we under no circumstances can speak or see each other. He is from another country so has no family, no real friends at church and no he does not have my friendship. I have never been so hurt by church doctrine in my life and I will not after 20 years go back. I am trying to witness the Bible to him by letters which are not returned and voice message which I don't know if he listens to or not. He doesn't really understand divorce laws in our state (no fault) and thinks it will cost him thousands to accomplish this. I am devastated, but instead of separating me from God it has drawn me back to a Christian church and the internet research I have done has sickened me. What more can I do to help him other than pray and keep mailing things to him.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:12 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Agree. In NC, there is an old law still on the books regarding suing the "other" half of an adulterous affair. The other person supposedly creates
the situation for "alienation of affection". A woman a few yrs ago used this NC law successfully against her husband's mistress.
I seriously considered doing this to the OW in my ex-H’s life. Had I had the money, I would have absolutely. She (they?) knew without a doubt he was married.

Separated means he isn’t divorced; so, he is married.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:22 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I seriously considered doing this to the OW in my ex-H’s life. Had I had the money, I would have absolutely. She (they?) knew without a doubt he was married.

Separated means he isn’t divorced; so, he is married.
Then you would have obviously been doing this because you were a very spiteful, vindictive person.

If you weren't ''Together'' anymore and were split (separated), why would you care?

Fortunately, you didn't have the money, as you would have only been doing this out of spite and because you were pretty bitter.

Unless of course your husband was having an affair before you became separated.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:50 PM

88 posts, read 47,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyOne View Post
We are catholic and my best friend knew this guy for a long time and he just broke it off with his wife. They are in the process of getting a divorce now ans shes been dating him they been separated for a couple of months now. Shes ready to have sex with him but was concerned about religion and the church...is she sinning sleeping with him and hes legally married? I think she is and i attend church and study the bible when i can but i am not sure. Not sure, any catholics have an opnion?
Whether or not he is with his wife is none of her business. Their relationship is not her business except to know if they are legally married.
Yes it is adultery.
Catholic is not in the bible. So if you study the bible, you'll likely change religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships