U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 PM

14 posts, read 16,717 times
Default Is it adultery if hes separated but not legally divorced?

We are catholic and my best friend knew this guy for a long time and he just broke it off with his wife. They are in the process of getting a divorce now ans shes been dating him they been separated for a couple of months now. Shes ready to have sex with him but was concerned about religion and the church...is she sinning sleeping with him and hes legally married? I think she is and i attend church and study the bible when i can but i am not sure. Not sure, any catholics have an opnion?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 PM

6,451 posts, read 10,832,709 times
Yes,it's a sin for her to have sex with him because she is not married to him.

The Catholic church says it's a sin for anyone to have sex with anyone they are not married to ,except for priests.They can have sex with anyone regardless of the sex object's marital status or age.

He can continue to have sex with his wife until the divorce is final even if they are not speaking to each other but can not have sex with your friend.

Last edited by bluedog2; 09-19-2011 at 08:00 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 PM

2,666 posts, read 2,876,956 times
If she is that Catholic that this concerns her, she should speak with her parish priest for advice. And also, if she is that Catholic, wouldn't she not believe in any relations with someone she is not herself married to?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 PM

4,996 posts, read 3,357,518 times
Yeah

Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 PM

44,011 posts, read 53,961,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyOne View Post
We are catholic and my best friend knew this guy for a long time and he just broke it off with his wife. They are in the process of getting a divorce now ans shes been dating him they been separated for a couple of months now. Shes ready to have sex with him but was concerned about religion and the church...is she sinning sleeping with him and hes legally married? I think she is and i attend church and study the bible when i can but i am not sure. Not sure, any catholics have an opnion?
To Catholics it's adultery even if he is divorced. The marriage has to be annulled before he should date or have sex again in order not to be committing adultery according to the church. For the record, if she goes through with it she's a fornicator, just to be technical.

Religion aside, tell your friend to be smarter than this. A man coming out of a marriage and not even divorced is a bad bet statistically. It doesn't usually work out for the rebound woman/1st woman any guy is with right out of a marriage.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 PM

14 posts, read 16,717 times
Thx, for responses..its just he didnt get married in church so she sees it diffeeent.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 PM

44,011 posts, read 53,961,355 times
Quote:
Thx, for responses..its just he didnt get married in church so she sees it diffeeent.
The truth can be so inconvenient

Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 PM

8,928 posts, read 4,489,975 times
Quote:
If she really wanted to know she would go to the pastor. So she is a good church going girl who is willing to sin if she decides it's ok? Loop holes! Not just in the tax code!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 PM

2,595 posts, read 3,658,977 times
It's binary. He is either married or not married. There is no "sort of." And legally, separated is still married.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 PM

5,393 posts, read 4,272,015 times
screw sin, if she wants to do it and he wants to do it... go for it. No point in having other people tell two fully grown adults what to do based on the fear of a bearded guy wearing a bathrobe throwing them into a fiery pit for eternity. Besides, God probably likes watching sometimes anyways.

(I am expecting to be smited by the Almighty Smiter any time now)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships