Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not to mention immensely creepy.
No no...she wants it...she really does.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Here is what you do. Next time she says hi, ask her if she has any attractive single friends she could hook you up with, because you are feeling really lonely. If she says no, seek them out anyway. Date her friend, get her into the bedroom, and then when all the clothes are off, and you are balls deep, give her a call and say her friend says hello.
excellent post.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
But it shouldn't be that complicated.
It isn't. Most people enjoy dating and meet great people and have successful relationships.

Most of the people that haven't figured it out, are the ones you see posting these threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I didn't realize how rough it is until I've seen the threads on here. It amazes me how there is little woo-ing. It's all meeting online and communicating online or texting. Everyone says they're busy and I respect that but really, at night, no one has 5 minutes to pick up a phone? No one wants to meet just for coffee anymore or just to catch up and get to know each other. Just to be clear, I'm not 70 years old. I'm in my 40's so I don't want everyone to think I'm an old fuddy duddy lol..maybe I'm a hopeless romantic but I don't think I could deal with trying to establish a relationship that took so much energy just to figure out if one was interested in the other.
Again...you're assuming that the dating-challenged posters have the same perspective as the rest of us.

I assure you, they do not.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:38 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
+1, ChessieMom. I'm not altogether sure that CD is the place to go to see what a typical person's dating experiences are. Just do keep that in mind.

And amazingly, some of us kinda-sorta enjoy/enjoyed dating. Seriously. Not every single aspect of it, and yeah, parts of it can be a drag. But PLEASE for the love of dog do not take any relationships forum as indicative of the average dating experience.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It isn't. Most people enjoy dating and meet great people and have successful relationships.

Most of the people that haven't figured it out, are the ones you see posting these threads.

Again...you're assuming that the dating-challenged posters have the same perspective as the rest of us.

I assure you, they do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
+1, ChessieMom. I'm not altogether sure that CD is the place to go to see what a typical person's dating experiences are. Just do keep that in mind.

And amazingly, some of us kinda-sorta enjoy/enjoyed dating. Seriously. Not every single aspect of it, and yeah, parts of it can be a drag. But PLEASE for the love of dog do not take any relationships forum as indicative of the average dating experience.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm reading posts from a large population, most of which are describing challenges. There's umpteen pages of posters talking about challenges and why did he/she do this or why didn't he/she call, etc. It is just an observation I made. I also have many single friends and co-workers, who lately have been saying that dating has been rough. I never said people don't enjoy dating.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No no...she wants it...she really does.

((((((LOL)))))) Now that's funny

Old 04-01-2014, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 881 times
This is why you don't always listen to silly folks on a forum. Someone tells you to send her a picture of your junk, and then you do it, and now not only did it mess you up even more, but people here are ridiculing you for it not realizing that it was someone else who posted here who told you to do this in the first place. I knew they were joking, but I can see how if you didn't have experience in this area of your life, you'd assume everyone replying is genuinely trying to help with good advice that should work.... yes, I've screwed up a lot with women over the years, but I'm just glad this wasn't me. Sometimes when you have no idea what to do, you tend to think any advice you get must be good, regardless of how crazy it is. You think this because since you don't know better, the other person teaching you must know something you don't know.

Oh well. I wonder if you or she are even still in touch or at the same job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships