U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What is the ideal height for a guy?
< 5'9" 11 7.14%
5'9" 8 5.19%
5'10" 22 14.29%
5'11" 20 12.99%
6'0" 34 22.08%
6'1" 16 10.39%
6'2" 18 11.69%
6'3" 8 5.19%
6'4"+ 17 11.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I never said you said that. Your post made it seem like 'oh woe is me and that only I and all other short men bear this burden.' without mentioning that women often face the same standard from men.
Actually you and lovesmountains are the ones that are trying to offer your fake empathy and needless sympathy to put up a pointless argument, if I really had an attitude of "woe is me" like you did, I would have gone ahead blaming women for their preference to have a taller man, but I never did that.

I never said women were at fault because of their preferences, I merely said that if it is that way indeed there's no harm in accepting it as well, after all requirements are requirements. It's better to be honest about things like myself or Mr.Rabbitlover than being politically correct for no reason like yourself or lovesmountains.

 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Utah
1,429 posts, read 957,591 times
Reputation: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
If that were the case, I wonder why women online get 50 times more messages than men. Also if that were truly the case I wonder why a lot of women here who are 6' and above themselves like Jetjockey say that most men wouldn't date them atleast not as much as they dated their shorter sisters.

I can show you 100 cases of being rejected for height and height alone for every case of a woman being rejected for not being a 6' tall blonde model, (as if they were that common to begin with in the first place)

That is the case because men looking for a quick screw online are far more common than women who are looking for the same thing.

Sure you could make the case that women reject men on height and I could do the same for women who were rejected by men.

It is what it is. I don't know if you think that you can magically change the bias of the women of the world but good luck. It is indeed a bias that deserves to go the way of the dodo.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
So a short man should blame himself for being too short when he is rejected by a woman of his height or GASP! taller? Wow, that makes much sense!
Yep, that was her whole point. Apparently physical standards don't exist in her world, people judge look at other people and can figure out what their personality is
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Utah
1,429 posts, read 957,591 times
Reputation: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Actually you and lovesmountains are the ones that are trying to offer your fake empathy and needless sympathy to put up a pointless argument, if I really had an attitude of "woe is me" like you did, I would have gone ahead blaming women for their preference to have a taller man, but I never did that.

I never said women were at fault because of their preferences, I merely said that if it is that way indeed there's no harm in accepting it as well, after all requirements are requirements. It's better to be honest about things like myself or Mr.Rabbitlover than being politically correct for no reason like yourself or lovesmountains.
How am I saying that woe is me? I have no problem with short people or tall people.

If you really believe that everyone who happens to agree that short men are of just as much quality as tall men then I don't know what to tell you aside from the fact that you aren't doing anything to aid your point of view.

I never said that the bias didn't exist. I just said that it also occurs with women and I gave my point of view that shortness is not a fault and shouldn't be viewed as such.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Sorry, you don't understand. I am not the one who's hung up on height. I like my height - wouldn't want to be tall. And confidence isn't an issue either. The issue is that I, along with many other short men, are simply passed over DUE to height, looks, and the assumptions that go along with a lack of height and/or looks. Most short men are automatically dismissed without a fair shake. THAT is the issue.
And it's pointless telling them that because in their made up world which is far far away from reality, this simply isn't true at all. They also have the ability to not listen to anyone who's actually going through the same thing in "real life" since they are apparently too hung up on their perfect world where all these things don't matter at all. Now see who the real hypocrites are.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Dunno, ask the OP who started this thread. I gave you MY experiences in this regard and I'm being told "No, that's not true! Oh, no, height really DOESN'T matter, blah blah blah!" No, it DOES matter. Why deny it? Why the duplicity?
Exactly, why deny the facts and why pretend to be holier than thou. When I asked very same questions, I have been accused of being "woe is me" and being "angry" although none of them who accused me of those things can prove anything remotely from my posts which would suggest me being anything other than being fair about a short man's position in the dating world.

They are just bitter hypocrites who can't accept the world with all it's shortcomings and want to believe in their own version of the perfect world where all these things don't matter.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
 
Location: In the loop
370 posts, read 484,808 times
Reputation: 627
This thread is so bizarre. I grew up around shorter men and no one had any problem getting women, decent women, not castoffs or rejects or sloppy seconds.

My dad is 5 feet 7 (or 8) and my mother was stunning as a bride (and still is 50 plus years later). My grandfather was less than 5 feet 5 and married my grandma who was 8 years younger and good looking (she had many men chasing her). My brother is 5 feet 8 and not particularly good looking (he kind of looked like Al Pacino when he was younger) but he never had a problem hooking up with many, many women.

I am not doubting what you guys are saying. Maybe in a crowded room women will look at the taller guys first but if you have something more to bring to the table, you too can get 'decent women.'

It's like at a party when all eyes turn towards the nice looking, full figured girl in a tight dress...sure you look but maybe she isn't the full package...she could be stupid or shallow or mean.

I wonder if it's not about sex. Maybe you short guys with attitudes don't want relationships. You think if only you were taller you'd get more sex from more women.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I can assure you my empathy is real and sincere.

In addition, no one who knows me in real life would ever accuse me of being "politically correct". I ALWAYS call 'em like I see 'em
Okay maybe I am not judging you because I don't know you, unlike the way you called me angry for simply pointing out what goes on in the real world everyday.

If you really do call it like you see it, why don't you do the same thing here in this thread. It's not just Mr.Rabbitlover who says this, I am saying the same thing too, something to think about isn't it.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im only 5'8 i realize women can be shallow about height especially online where its mostly shallow ugly owmen who shoot for the stars but its just not to the level you claim

The biggets players i know get rejected by women the most becasue they approach tons of women..all men due

Evne my good looking friends get rejected a lot in cold approaches..not many guys have women who just all fawn over them they have to put in work
Yeah that's true for everyone but then shorter men gotta have way better game to pull the same chicks that taller men do.
 
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
 
474 posts, read 123,911 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I don't feel that a few people answering a poll can speak for the vast majority but as for the C-D posters that is the case. Do you date anyone here on CD? Do you even know a single other poster in real life? Even if you do what do one or two people matter when there are billions of people on earth and plenty who would be happy to be with a short man. The numbers average out I would imagine.

When it comes to short men I happen to think it is really cute. Especially if they are shorter than me. Stick them in a little nutcracker outfit and play with a toy soldier!
That totally sums up your attitude towards shorter men, thanks for stating the obvious and showing what you really think about shorter men.

I rest my case regarding you since it's plain simple for anyone to see what kind of opinion you have towards them. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top