Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the ideal height for a guy?
< 5'9" 11 7.14%
5'9" 8 5.19%
5'10" 22 14.29%
5'11" 20 12.99%
6'0" 34 22.08%
6'1" 16 10.39%
6'2" 18 11.69%
6'3" 8 5.19%
6'4"+ 17 11.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:24 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Not Asian so I cannot relate. Anecdotally, Asian men seem to have the most difficulty. But I digress.

I would say I am not attractive simply because of the lack of double-takes let alone first glances. Bald, yes, but what hair I do have is kept short. None of that Donald Trump combover crap. Fit? Not overweight and in shape but not an athlete.

Apparently, not a winning package.
Confidence. You gotta have that certain something. How can you possibly have confidence or appear attractive when you are so hung up on your height? The answer is that you can't.

Your height is a non issue. Much like peoples opinions on who is fat and who is thin. One persons trash is another persons treasure. There will always be someone out there with an intense attraction to your person. It is just a matter of time. Be patient and have faith. Things will turn out for you you'll see!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
That woman is doing you a service by not leading you on in the first place. Besides if she doesn't want you based on something as insignificant as height do you really want to be with a women like that?
EXACTLY a point I made earlier

There are those vapid airheads out there who are so shallow that they are foolish enough to reject a great guy based on height alone.

But WHY would a great guy want someone like that anyway? Good riddance!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
Confidence. You gotta have that certain something. How can you possibly have confidence or appear attractive when you are so hung up on your height? The answer is that you can't.

Your height is a non issue. Much like peoples opinions on who is fat and who is thin. One persons trash is another persons treasure. There will always be someone out there with an intense attraction to your person. It is just a matter of time. Be patient and have faith. Things will turn out for you you'll see!
Sorry, you don't understand. I am not the one who's hung up on height. I like my height - wouldn't want to be tall. And confidence isn't an issue either. The issue is that I, along with many other short men, are simply passed over DUE to height, looks, and the assumptions that go along with a lack of height and/or looks. Most short men are automatically dismissed without a fair shake. THAT is the issue.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,726 times
Quote:
Sorry, you don't understand. I am not the one who's hung up on height. I like my height - wouldn't want to be tall. And confidence isn't an issue either. The issue is that I, along with many other short men, are simply passed over DUE to height, looks, and the assumptions that go along with a lack of height and/or looks. Most short men are automatically dismissed without a fair shake. THAT is the issue.

So now you finally admit that looks play a role! That's exactly what I said earlier and you ignored the post where I used myself as an example.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
EXACTLY a point I made earlier

There are those vapid airheads out there who are so shallow that they are foolish enough to reject a great guy based on height alone.

But WHY would a great guy want someone like that anyway? Good riddance!
Hey to be fair those airheads are doing the rest of the women out there a great service too by passing up a potentially great catch.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
So now you finally admit that looks play a role! That's exactly what I said earlier and you ignored the post where I used myself as an example.
Yes, so if a man is short AND ugly he's royally screwed.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
What exactly do you feel that discussing this is going to do to resolve that issue? To be frank there are plenty of women who will pass a short man over but that is their loss and while it isn't politically correct it is the cold, hard facts and I don't see what can be done about it without a sweeping change in human nature and what is perceived as desirable traits in our mates.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Hey to be fair those airheads are doing the rest of the women out there a great service too by passing up a potentially great catch.
Well, now, let's be honest here. The 'great catch' apparently has to be above 5'9" - with eleven exceptions - according to our fellow C-D posters. Right?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Yep. Just like a tall and ugly man is.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,726 times
Quote:

And I mentioned how guys don't have to be 6 feet tall. Facial symmetry > height.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships