Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:25 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Acutane is a CURE for acne in 80% of the cases...It has serious side effects one of them being severe birth defects if you become pregnant during the 6 month treatment plan. My daughter and my husband both used Acutane and their skin is clear...my daughter also was able to avoid scars because we sought treatment early on.I would talk to your doctor about the risk/benefits!!Good luck!!
Accutane did wonders for me and my husband. (My husband was prescribed it in high school in the 80s, me during college in the 90s and later. I had to do 4 treatments.) Unfortunately it gets a lot of bad press, but I think the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

I know acne had an impact on my self esteem.

Off topic...I know this is isn't the fashion & beauty forum, but the Alpha Hydrox line always worked wonders for me. I used it during college while on Accutane and still use the line to this day. You can check out reviews on MakeUpAlley.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 07:31 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
Seriously, he's not going to give a ****.

Just get naked and in bed already
Acne or no acne. Your bf's pecker is going to rise the very second you begin disrobing. It isnt going matter one iota. He isnt afterall, wanting to make love to your back! Your self esteem is another issue entirely. OrthoTricycline worked very well for 2 of my daughters. Good luck sweetie and remember that 1 way you can make your lover forget about your acne is to be great in bed.!

Last edited by Capt. Dan; 09-22-2011 at 07:47 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,431 times
I dumped a guy because he had bacne [back acne].
I had never seen such a thing... oofh to this day I think of it and shudder.
Grr I don't think I'll be able to finish my breakfast now

Chest acne? Sounds disturbing too.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I dumped a guy because he had bacne [back acne].
I had never seen such a thing... oofh to this day I think of it and shudder.
Grr I don't think I'll be able to finish my breakfast now

Chest acne? Sounds disturbing too.
We men are horny pigs. We dont care!!!!!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:13 AM

607 posts, read 1,216,759 times
I used to have awful acne. I got it under control with antibiotics and Epiduo. You might want to talk to a dermatologist about your options. I still have acne though, it's just not nearly as bad and I still have scaring on my face, chest and back. It's the worst on my back. I've started getting microderm abrasion on my back. I've had two sessions so far and it seems to be working.

I don't have a lot of experience with guys, but when I did have a serious boyfriend, he was a little shocked by the acne and scarring when I first undressed, but it wasn't a big deal. I'm still afraid of showing people my back though and I debate going to the beach every summer b/c I'd have to show my back in a swimsuit. You just have to give this new guy a chance. Hopefully he won't have a prolblem with it.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Accutane did wonders for me and my husband. (My husband was prescribed it in high school in the 80s, me during college in the 90s and later. I had to do 4 treatments.) Unfortunately it gets a lot of bad press, but I think the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.
Certainly for a good reason! With 2 pages of horrendous side effects, it's worse than many drugs you really HAVE to take to live. Taking something like this as an option is insane in my book. And I've had problems with acne, it's not like I haven't. I'd much rather live with the acne, though.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:28 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Find the right guy and it will not matter. Be patient. Too many girls rush.

the tough part is not letting your feelings about it destroy your self confidence.

Perhaps you should date the guy a while before you sleep with him. If you have been together long enough to form a real commitment, he will have already seen your acne issues and if it is a problem for him it will not go that far.

My college friend dated a gal with extreme acne. After years she finally found the right medication and then left him because she was then flooded with dates with "hotter" guys. She made a big mistake. He is still a great guy, a great husband and father, and pretty wealthy. She has been divorced twice and works as a hairdresser.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:38 AM

529 posts, read 1,300,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
My college friend dated a gal with extreme acne. After years she finally found the right medication and then left him because she was then flooded with dates with "hotter" guys. She made a big mistake. He is still a great guy, a great husband and father, and pretty wealthy. She has been divorced twice and works as a hairdresser.
I love happy endings

Old 09-22-2011, 08:45 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
so i have a pretty healthy self image and find that i am a pretty attractive girl. however, i have been plagued with acne for the past 13 years. it was all over my face in my teens and now in my twenties my face has calmed down some but i now have pretty bad acne on my chest and back and body. i didn;t care so much about it but now that i am dating i am realizing i am scared of undressing in front of the guy. he has never seen me sans clothes yet and i am terrified of what he will think when he sees the pimples on my chest and back and the scars acne has caused all over my body.

for those who have acne how do you deal with it in romantic relationships? for those who don't- what do you think of your partners /prospective partners who have it?

i am so embarrassed and have no idea how to prepare him for the pimples and scars on my body.

This happened to me as well, but not that long. Go to a dermatologist. Insecurites = gone

Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Sierra is right about Accutane. I've never understood the purpose of drugs that cure minor, non-life-threatening ailments but have side-effects that are 100 times worse than what you were suffering with to begin with.

"Talk to your doctor about SuperDrug today and finally free yourself from that minor inconvenience that you usually don't even notice. [Cue super fast, rapid-fire voice] Side effects include cancer, AIDS, Ebola, heart attack, death, and genital herpes. If your erection lasts longer than four hours, get a motel room and call every woman you know."

If you've got a few zits, do like we did in the 90s and OXYcute them. I'm pretty sure they still sell that stuff at Wal-Mart. Otherwise, don't worry about it. I've seen your pic and you're hot. Take it from a dude that when we get a hot chick naked, a few little red bumps -- as long as they aren't in a certain area -- won't stop us from getting to the business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships