Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM

206 posts, read 768,135 times

Advertisements

so i have a pretty healthy self image and find that i am a pretty attractive girl. however, i have been plagued with acne for the past 13 years. it was all over my face in my teens and now in my twenties my face has calmed down some but i now have pretty bad acne on my chest and back and body. i didn;t care so much about it but now that i am dating i am realizing i am scared of undressing in front of the guy. he has never seen me sans clothes yet and i am terrified of what he will think when he sees the pimples on my chest and back and the scars acne has caused all over my body.

for those who have acne how do you deal with it in romantic relationships? for those who don't- what do you think of your partners /prospective partners who have it?

i am so embarrassed and have no idea how to prepare him for the pimples and scars on my body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 11:08 PM

541 posts, read 940,962 times
I understand your fear but if he cares for you in a geniune way and respects you ; he wouldnt care . For real girl.

Last edited by Sarahpc122927; 09-21-2011 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: It would make sense

Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
I say the same as Sarahpc. If a guy is grossed out by your acne, then he isn't worth dating to begin with, and is a superficial guy. You're better off not giving those guys even the time of day

Old 09-21-2011, 11:34 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Don't worry about it, I've been with women with stretch marks and other imperfections. Its really not a big deal and not a deal breaker. Everyone has imperfections, beit physically or mentally. Its only a big deal to most people if you make it one yourself.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Don't worry about it.

You've posted pictures of yourself, you are a beatiful young woman who just needs that extra little push, and just a little boost to your self-confidence maybe. Go out there and have a good time

Also... if you're ever in New Mexico, gimme a call

Old 09-22-2011, 02:18 AM

200 posts, read 328,258 times
Maria,

You should take birth control Ortho Tricyclen (the brand not generic)...my sister had very bad acne and she took that as per reviews online and it has cleared them all up however you have to get them prescribed by a gynaecologist and take them every month but it worked wonders for her. Goodluck!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Acutane is a CURE for acne in 80% of the cases...It has serious side effects one of them being severe birth defects if you become pregnant during the 6 month treatment plan. My daughter and my husband both used Acutane and their skin is clear...my daughter also was able to avoid scars because we sought treatment early on.I would talk to your doctor about the risk/benefits!!Good luck!!

Old 09-22-2011, 06:25 AM

830 posts, read 1,665,690 times
I agree with the posters who said that nobody's perfect and that a good guy wouldn't make fun of you or act disgusted about your acne. I have acne too but mostly on my face, and my husband always tells me to shut up when I'm overreacting about it! He doesn't try to avoid me or make comments when it gets really bad. He gets acne as well but not nearly as bad as I do, plus he's not nearly as pale as I am so it's not so visible. Even if it were more visible I wouldn't make a big deal. Anyway, if you didn't have pimples surely you would be worried about some other imperfection--we are women after all and women do that! But that just says overall everyone has something "wrong" with them, like scars, stretch marks, celulite, nose hairs, big goofy ears, crooked teeth, etc. ad infinitum.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
They make things to clear that up. Use them. I hate it on others and I hate it when I break out. They make products to fade scars too. Boyfriend acted like it was no big deal but he had acne in his teens and I think he was just being nice. Have you tried to clear it up with anything?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:04 AM

529 posts, read 1,300,637 times
Seriously, he's not going to give a ****.

Just get naked and in bed already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships