Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 12:24 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,187,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are young men today so flippin' lazy that they don't even want to follow a male's nature inclination to pursue the woman that they are interested in? Its so very sad that young men today have become like fat, lazy lions in a zoo waiting to have their food tossed at them rather than going on the hunt.

Men pursue women...why fight against thousands of years of evolution?
Because the 20th century is over. Try being young these days and approaching women. It's not about how sweet, intelligent or caring you are. It's about money, what kind of car you drive, where do you live, what's your yearly income and etc.

Times have change; so teaching us young men about the olden days is useless.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,199,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What are you talking about? The OP wanted to know why men still "have to" pursue. He got tons of answers and a lot of other answers branched off of those.

Those of us saying pursuit can be a plus, and that a majority of relationships tend to start in such a way, aren't "enforcing our ideas" on others. We're explaining why those who like pursuing or like to be pursued, do like it and giving advice based on that. Quite a few of us have already stated that if the OP just doesn't want to pursue, period, THERE ARE women who will pursue so he just has to sit back and not pursue; it's his choice.

I mean relax, good grief. You all must be loads of fun at a party.
I relax when I'm away from people who just dismiss your opinions and feel the need to judge and attack you because you don't adhere to their standards.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Because the 20th century is over. Try being young these days and approaching women. It's not about how sweet, intelligent or caring you are. It's about money, what kind of car you drive, where do you live, what's your yearly income and etc.

It has always been that way. Before it was how many goats you had.

Cave men was how many animals you killed or how strong you were.

Review your history before posting nonsense.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,137,638 times
Being married - I don't experience having to ask out women

I have never asked a woman on date - I guess if you start over flirting with women your labelled a sleaze or desperate, and it gives them power, then they start to play games, they may go out on a date but not even like you, there just for the fun of it and to be wined and dined. if you get someone much more attractive than you then they have power in relationship, or if one of you is more committed, then its a one sided relationship.

I would not ask out any woman until there STRONG signals between both of us, or if better let them flirt with you before making a big effort - There just too much hassle and problems chasing after women not remotely interested in you, and you may not even be that interested, and you just looking to get a partner.

I was looking through a dating website for fun - did not see one female I was genuinely attracted - just though they were OK - so its only once in a while you get the chance to meet someone your REALLY attracted to - I'd concentrate you efforts on that, and if there giving you any flirting back then your on to a Winner!

Old 09-24-2011, 12:57 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,137,638 times
Quote:

Exactly why are women like this, don't they realise it just turns men off.

Actually I heard of some women will actually come straight out in a nightclub and ask you what you earn - what man in their right mind wants to be with a woman like that

Old 09-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It has always been that way. Before it was how many goats you had.

Cave men was how many animals you killed or how strong you were.

Review your history before posting nonsense.

No it has not.

Back than; women considered themselves beneath men. They felt they needed a man around to validate them. Now that that mentality has wore off; it's about finding a man that they believe is worthy of them. Men and women today are now pretty much on equal footing.

Womens outlook and mindsets have changed completely; most women within my generation won't be checking for no dude who isn't looking at least like a million bucks [exaggeration, but point still stands].

You know nothing of this generation if you truly believe things are the same.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:01 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
No it has not.

Back than; women considered themselves beneath men. They felt they needed a man around to validate them. Now that that mentality has wore off; it's about finding a man that they believe is worthy of them. Men and women today are now pretty much on equal footing.

Womens outlook and mindsets have changed completely; most women within my generation won't be checking for no dude who isn't looking at least like a million bucks [exaggeration, but point still stands].

You know nothing of this generation if you truly believe things are the same.
I don't have time for a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't have time for a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Throwing up the white flag so soon; I expected more of a fight from you. Carry on soldier.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:08 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,168,672 times
Dude, you are obviously too young to know the 80's.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Dude, you are obviously too young to know the 80's.
And you're obviously too old to know anything about my generation. 80s was over 20 years ago. Times are different now. If it was bad in the 80s; just imagine how it is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.