Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 PM

292 posts, read 635,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Women kill with this B.S. First it's "I'm a independent women, I don't need a man." "A women can do anything a man can do" blah blah. But then they turn around and say they want men to do "man things". Make up your minds. Either man and women are equals(therefore women should have no problem approaching men) or women are helpless and need men to take charge of the situation.
Short answer? Women want equal rights without the responsibilities that go with it.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:03 PM

292 posts, read 635,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think so. Men connect mostly through sex; women connect mostly through affection.
Agreed! Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place... :-)

Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If I gave every freak credance like you seem to... I'd be like... you....

Ain't gonna happen.
^^ This...the "extreme" stories on here are entertaining, but they sound like just that: stories. Why? Because somehow, they never happen to normal, healthy people.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
The American divorce rate could be cut in half if men didn't have to go around trying to decipher every female signal. If you want us to call, tell us. You don't like this, say it. I'm just too dang old for games I guess....and I'm ambidextrous as well
Are you kidding? Every clear message of interest I've given early in a relationship (asking them to call me, suggesting we declare we are dating, etc) has been returned by the guy freaking out and disappearing on me. These are guys who had pursued me and we had a great connection but as soon as you stop playing coy they bolt.

Yeah, guys in their early 20s aren't known for their reliability and commitment but plenty do manage to call a girl their girlfriend without acting like they're being lead to the gallows.

When a girl pursues a guy and he isn't interested, she's a psycho. When a guy pursues a girl who isn't interested, he's just being a guy. If I have to play hard to get and keep my distance until I'm sure a guy isn't going to panic and run as soon as I let him know I'm into him, so be it.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:45 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Why does the bee go to the flower instead of the other way around? Why do male peacocks have the colorful vibrant feathers and dance around the females?

Look no further than biology and nature for some answers to the OP question. I'm not talking about feminists or women's lib or anything like that. I'm talking about looking to our DNA to glean some hints.

Men were the hunters. Women the gatherers. This is not sexist, this is how humans evolved millions of years ago. Our biology/DNA retains nature's programming even though society has emerged and roles have changed.

Of course men don't have to pursue, but it seems to work out better when a man does (pursue a woman he finds attractive/interesting). A man on the 'hunt' is doing so because his human biology has programmed him for the chase. Might as well honor that which is not biologically changed. Doesn't mean women can't be leaders in many ways (they can and are), but in the matters of reproduction (which is what this is all about from a pure biological perspective), there is a certain order that hasn't changed. Recognizing our patterns from how we evolved is important to understanding the dynamics between men and women and perhaps letting nature take over.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Why does the bee go to the flower instead of the other way around? Why do male peacocks have the colorful vibrant feathers and dance around the females?

Look no further than biology and nature for some answers to the OP question. I'm not talking about feminists or women's lib or anything like that. I'm talking about looking to our DNA to glean some hints.

Men were the hunters. Women the gatherers. This is not sexist, this is how humans evolved millions of years ago. Our biology/DNA retains nature's programming even though society has emerged and roles have changed.

Of course men don't have to pursue, but it seems to work out better when a man does (pursue a woman he finds attractive/interesting). A man on the 'hunt' is doing so because his human biology has programmed him for the chase. Might as well honor that which is not biologically changed. Doesn't mean women can't be leaders in many ways (they can and are), but in the matters of reproduction (which is what this is all about from a pure biological perspective), there is a certain order that hasn't changed. Recognizing our patterns from how we evolved is important to understanding the dynamics between men and women and perhaps letting nature take over.
Thankfully, my "programming" is broken. I've found much more success with women by not pursuing them and letting them do it.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Of course men don't have to pursue
Of course not. You don't HAVE to eat, either... It's all good as long as you're OK with the results!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:33 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Are you kidding? Every clear message of interest I've given early in a relationship (asking them to call me, suggesting we declare we are dating, etc) has been returned by the guy freaking out and disappearing on me. These are guys who had pursued me and we had a great connection but as soon as you stop playing coy they bolt.

Yeah, guys in their early 20s aren't known for their reliability and commitment but plenty do manage to call a girl their girlfriend without acting like they're being lead to the gallows.

When a girl pursues a guy and he isn't interested, she's a psycho. When a guy pursues a girl who isn't interested, he's just being a guy. If I have to play hard to get and keep my distance until I'm sure a guy isn't going to panic and run as soon as I let him know I'm into him, so be it.
No, he's being a creeper and a stalker. I thought you knew this.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:52 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
No, he's being a creeper and a stalker. I thought you knew this.
Only unattractive guys that pursue women are creepers and stalkers. Get it right.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Nobody has to do anything in this day and age. If you don't want to be the chaser - don't chase. You might not be happy with the results - but that's life. If you see something you want - you can either go after or it hope that it comes to you. However, if nothing happens - you only have yourself to blame! This goes for men or women.

For the record, I think that my husband pursued me and he thinks that I pursued him. Maybe we pursued each other. In the end, we both got what we want so it really doesn't matter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships