Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

He has to have to brightest plumage, be the strongest, most dominant alpha male, and not suck up to the females in his harem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
gosh, the high-standards women have

Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 AM

1 posts, read 963 times
What about cleanliness?
I want a man who can demonstrate through his actions that he cares enough about himself to also care about his environment. No woman wants a man who will be a ton of work...ie, needs to be cleaned up after.
If there is no place for me to sit because of the dog hair and clutter, and he was expecting my company, it always makes me wonder, "Does he even want me here?"
If I can't go barefoot in his house because the bottom of my feet will turn black, WTF. And I don't want to see the bottom of his feet all black either!
I want a clean seat to sit on in the car. There is nothing worse than spending two hours getting cleaned up and ready for a date, and then the guy has a filthy vehicle! I LOVE dogs, but I don't want to get dirty because dog hair is all over the seat, especially if I've just spent two hours getting cleaned up for the guy.
And if things that are broken are never fixed....And if new things that are "installed" (like a flat-screen)....with the boxes and cords are everywhere and the installation is visibly so bad it is ugly....and the tools never put away but left out indefinitely.........This is not attractive.
If a guy cannot care for his own space, I wonder about his most primal ability to give me that relationship level of care and softness and sensitivity to my needs that all women love. Will he have it in him to even care that I care about my environment? Or will the fact that I care about my environment become one of those things that he will eventually hate about me?
I'm in my 60's and the guys are truly clueless slobs. They think they are awesome because they can ride a bike 40 miles a few times a week, and they are so attractive and in shape that they can get any woman. Quite frankly, I'd prefer they take one of those 40 mile bike rides and de-clutter the sink area so I can wash my hands if I want to.
Ironically, the worst offenders seem to be the ones who have the highest expectations about the way that I look! The'll spend hours exercising...even to an unhealthy extreme; but then when I try to find a place to sit down, everywhere will get me dirty if I sit there. So they expect me to be fit, and they expect me to look nice, but I can't maintain the level they want because their environment gets me messed up and dirty.
These men have enough money to spend on sailboats (big sailboats!!), and the rent of the slip for the boat, and restaurants, and very nice guitars, and exercise equipment that has to be watched out for because it becomes the newest in their collection of trip hazards in the home.
But their houses (which are paid for) are a disaster.
I asked one if it would be easier to get a cleaning service. He said the cleaning service didn't do a good job.
WTF. At least the toilet got cleaned and I could go to the bathroom!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:58 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
I see that we have two different definitions for spiritual. I know the man I just described has nothing to do self-promotion. I've dealt with those kind of men and do not want to be in a relationship with them whatsoever.
I've encounter a few in my time as well. I've always wanted a man with integrity, God-fearing, family oriented...who can tackle life with a such a passion. I married one who is passionately stubborn in his ways...other than that, I believe my wish was granted.
He reminds me of the saying, "be careful with what you wish for, you may just get it."

Old 10-06-2011, 03:02 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What are the aspects of his life and himself that will get your attention?
Attracted emotionally or physically?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:20 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
This might sound worn out and cliche. I want a sensitive man. A man who has heart. Besides that, he has to be brave and not let other men push him around.

He has to be clean and sober. Know prudence. And it would help, though not a requirement, if he was very sexual, but only with me.

He can't be trash, in any way.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
This might sound worn out and cliche. I want a sensitive man. A man who has heart. Besides that, he has to be brave and not let other men push him around.

He has to be clean and sober. Know prudence. And it would help, though not a requirement, if he was very sexual, but only with me.

He can't be trash, in any way.
Worn out or not...it's still basically what women want.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 AM

delete

Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I've encounter a few in my time as well. I've always wanted a man with integrity, God-fearing, family oriented...who can tackle life with a such a passion. I married one who is passionately stubborn in his ways...other than that, I believe my wish was granted.
He reminds me of the saying, "be careful with what you wish for, you may just get it."
Ha ha. I can't wait to see him (future spouse)! - Kind of.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Chemistry. I was once attracted to a man who looked just like Colin Hay, but not when I first met him. It was after getting to know him, working with him. He was a wonderful man. But he was just a good friend because he was wonderfully dedicatedly married. Another thing I loved about him. Family was everything to him. If he had been single I'd have dated him in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships