Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Psssst...our list is not bad and most of these guys who posts like they have it all and know it all, while claiming we're delusional, are in reality bitter and lying through their teeth. I'm not talking about lionking either.

Thanks, I am not bitter, just a little wacked in the noggin.

Here my train a comin'.....whoa was that my train that just passed by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 11:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I have a love/hate thing about reading these threads where woman say what they want. It is interesting to read but on the other hand a lot of women make these crazy long lists and it just makes me think I could never live up to that and I am sooooo screwed. I think that is in part why I don't do dating sites or put that much effort in trying to date long term because I just can't live up to all that and wouldn't want to be reminded.

All these terms and conditions make me feel sub par, which is why I'd rather just meet somebody by chance who will see the real me and give me the vibe that is good enough.
You're already ahead of the game whether you realize it or not lionking. If I were single and not happily married, I would pay close attention to your kind.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
Quote:
Psssst...our list is not bad and most of these guys who posts like they have it all and know it all, while claiming we're delusional, are in reality bitter and lying through their teeth. I'm not talking about lionking either.
Haha I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Well read my thread on the "male cat lady" since I am into psycho analizing myself tonight and I'll say that long lists that describe a mister perfect will make me run because of fear of not being able to live up to it all, not just for your sake but because of self criticism also. That is to say, I have the mindset that I don't want to take the plunge until I know to myself I am capable of meeting all challenges and success is guaranteed. But of course that is never realistic.

A~ she wants affection...ok got that.

B~ she wants loyality, ok I got that

C~ she wants a man with goals, ok got that, personal goals anyway

D~ she wants a good looking guy....ok maybe got that depending on tastes

E~ she wants a man with a opinion....ok got that

F~ she wants a man who can fix things....I can't fix ****, I hire handymen.

G~ she wants a guy with diploma and has goals that he meets regarding...as in being a provider aka comfortable lifestyle.....well I don't make 70k a year and don't care to if it means giving up time vs money so she'll see me as a looser....

so.....I fail at F and G so it will never work with me and her so I won't attempt a relationship with her because in the end I'll be reminded of any short comings. That is how my mind works, and why long lists scare me away. But hey, we can be friends with benefits if you want
I am only 22, but I do know that I am passion about these issues (or lists) and I would like if he can relate to me. I prefer that we have same goals (or similar goals) so we can make a difference in people's lives. I am aiming my life to serve people, being engaged in social justice, and loving Jesus. I'm not radical, just to let you know. x)

Last year my list was completely different. I made sure he was tall, white, loves Jesus, dark hair, and most of them are not there anymore besides the loves Jesus one. It was all physical looks. I'll tell you that my eyes are set on any good-looking guy, but I know deep down inside that it will never happen, haha. The question was What Does It Take For You to be Attracted to a Man? and I only listed things that truly attracts me to him BESIDES looks and personality. The things you listed are quite common (IMO) so I didn't bother to list them.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:51 PM

351 posts, read 537,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Wow. Somebody's mad because he wasn't the "perfect man" he just explained above.
Why should I be "mad"?

I have no expectation that a relationship with a woman is ever going to amount to anything long-term and/or truly meaningful. Which, in turn, means I spend a lot more time being happy and enjoying life than my friends who are either pursuing women for meaningful relationships, or who are embroiled in nasty divorces.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Haha I couldn't agree more.

I am only 22, but I do know that I am passion about these issues (or lists) and I would like if he can relate to me. I prefer that we have same goals (or similar goals) so we can make a difference in people's lives. I am aiming my life to serve people, being engaged in social justice, and loving Jesus. I'm not radical, just to let you know. x)

Last year my list was completely different. I made sure he was tall, white, loves Jesus, dark hair, and most of them are not there anymore besides the loves Jesus one. It was all physical looks. I'll tell you that my eyes are set on any good-looking guy, but I know deep down inside that it will never happen, haha. The question was What Does It Take For You to be Attracted to a Man? and I only listed things that truly attracts me to him BESIDES looks and personality. The things you listed are quite common (IMO) so I didn't bother to list them.
I am not saying you are wrong to have your "list". We all have one though some are more realistic than others. I am just saying when they are listed where I can read them like here, or on a dating site and I see a long azz list it deters me. It is just different to read a list compared to getting to know someone in person.

But then there is the X factor. The chance that someone that is way off your norm captivates you. I just read that Ann Coulter the notorious conservative talking head once got into a relationship with a known progressive liberal, hmmm go figure. Opposites sometimes attract? Though eventually they broke up.

BTW, there are different ways to trust and love in Jesus, some do it by church and association, some keep it personal and mostly private as a more intimate relationship which they believe is more pure and less prone to outside corruption by others opinions.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I am not saying you are wrong to have your "list". We all have one though some are more realistic than others. I am just saying when they are listed where I can read them like here, or on a dating site and I see a long azz list it deters me. It is just different to read a list compared to getting to know someone in person.

But then there is the X factor. The chance that someone that is way off your norm captivates you. I just read that Ann Coulter the notorious conservative talking head once got into a relationship with a known progressive liberal, hmmm go figure. Opposites sometimes attract? Though eventually they broke up.
In my case, we just sort of met in the middle and blended in...to this day, can't complain!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i have always found complaining about chest pains and property management issues during cruises was most helpful.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
, we just sort of met in the middle and blended in...!

For some reason your comment made me think about bed time, and that not necessarily meaning sleep time

Which reminds me of another topic. The assistant guy at my dermatologist got into a "man" discussion with me a couple weeks ago. He talked about his wife complaining and threatening separation due to his snoring. I was like "really suggesting leaving you because of snoring after you two have been together for a couple years?"

At which time my female doctor and the other assistant who is female entered the room and picked up on the topic and it became two guys vs two girls haha! And all I have to say about that is women snore also, because I have known a couple who did.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
For some reason your comment made me think about bed time, and that not necessarily meaning sleep time

"Fusion" is the process that powers active stars...wiki says.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
Quote:

BTW, there are different ways to trust and love in Jesus, some do it by church and association, some keep it personal and mostly private as a more intimate relationship which they believe is more pure and less prone to outside corruption by others opinions.
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. The list is just letting the men know what I am interested in and finds attractive, so if we go on a date we can talk about it.

Once a long time ago I visited a dating site because I was very interested since this forum talks about it a lot. Throughout all the guys that I looked at, only 1 or 2 I was interested in while I dismissed the rest. I noticed that the reason I dismissed them was because they did not have what I was interested in: social justice, family (very important for me), and a quiet personality. It's also interesting that both of these men did not list their "ideal" date but just what they want out of the relationship. It got me thinking, perhaps, I should say something like that but make it known that I am not interested in one-night stand/FWB or whatever.

Also, I do agree about the Loving Jesus expression. We express our love for Jesus through different ways, and I do not expect them to be like me. For me, I see "loving Jesus" as someone who serves and fight for Justice. I won't dismiss someone if they show their love for Jesus through church and association or by personal quiet time. I just made it broad that loving Jesus trait is important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships