U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:32 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,715,987 times
I guess I should just leave him to wonder. I wouldn't be surprised if his falling off the face of the earth has something to do with the fact that I haven't slept with him. Surprise, surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 07:37 AM

31,833 posts, read 17,081,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I wouldn't accept most of those as a reason. If he needed to be gone for 3 weeks he should have sent a quick email or text saying so he would get back in touch with her.
True a simple text or email is easy. But I went through some of the things I listed before, the last thing on your mind is romance unless it was a good 3 month in person dating thing. Then I feel both deserve some kind of thoughtfulness of a explanation.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 AM

2,651 posts, read 2,494,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post
Maybe he had to get back to his wife.
That's right Fashion Girl. OP is selfish. All dates are cleared through the wife. Wife said, you're a waste, if you haven't put out.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:52 PM

319 posts, read 190,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I would reply back in say 3 weeks lol

lol

Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM

603 posts, read 506,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
And claims he was "busy"? I have no idea what to say...maybe ignoring him would be best, but it'd be nice to let him realize that I'm not going to be anyone's Plan B or anyone's second choice. I'd rather date someone who is actually interested. He blew it.
I'm a little miffed that someone would even bother trying to ask someone out after ignoring them for so long. How insulting is that?
You ask him what SERIOUS work or family commitment he had that would involve so much of 3 weeks that he didn't contact you through e-mail or phone. 3 weeks is a long time...probably not really interested. I'd be leaning toward looking elsewhere if there is no incredible explanation fitting into the above 2 categories.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:30 PM

4,703 posts, read 2,909,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Oh PULEASE! Benefit of doubt my soft buttocks. He is just not that into her. No man is gonna wait 3 weeks to get together with a woman he is TRULY interested in, whether they have had no dates yet or 3 dates.
Yeah, it's happened to me before and I agree with this. No matter how interested he/she may have seemed at first, if they suddenly disappear and you don't hear from them for days/weeks/months, you are no longer a priority. I don't blame you for not being enthusiastic about reconnecting with him after all this time. He's being inconsiderate.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:10 PM

766 posts, read 443,185 times
women here seem to over analyzing the issue, he could have been busy. if i had things on my plate, i would clear them before starting something

Old 09-25-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
women here seem to over analyzing the issue, he could have been busy. if i had things on my plate, i would clear them before starting something
Exactly, when a guy doesn't talk to me for awhile....I kind of feel there must be someone else.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:15 PM

1,363 posts, read 751,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Exactly, when a guy doesn't talk to me for awhile....I kind of feel there must be someone else.
Of course there was someone else. He started talking to her again, because the other girl fell through. My only question was why didnt the op try to call the guy?

Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Of course there was someone else. He started talking to her again, because the other girl fell through. My only question was why didnt the op try to call the guy?
You know this is very true. If it's that long and if you had a relationship why not call?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships