Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times

Advertisements

This thread makes me glad I am not dating. Nothing worse than a dame who expects to be treated like Queen Victoria

My wife would not even let me pay the first few times we went out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 04:35 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Trust me, I can drink A LOT.

No, he wasn't drinking wine and I said to him "it's cheaper by the bottle" so he knew what I was doing.
I think men are in a no win situation when it comes to this.
Yes I think it's nice if a man pays for the first date, but don't play games and reach if you are not willing to pay - some women WANT to pay their own way and how is he meant to know that you were being insincere in your offer?

I would also NEVER order myself a whole bottle of wine if I was expecting someone else to pay! It seems very entitled to me to just assume that he'll pay for you to guzzle a whole bottle of wine by yourself.

I actually think it would have been far better to have a few separate glasses even if it's a buck more as it makes you look less like a lush and somehow appears less entitled than expecting him to buy a whole bottle from the get go which somehow seems very crass to me. It should at least have been his suggestion to go for the bottle - not yours if you didn't plan to pay for it.

Having said that - having someone beg for a date would be a giant turn off.
It definitely sounds like you guys are a bad match for a variety of reasons.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:05 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
I think he's broke. Regardless of what he says.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I usually pull out a Cnote, tell the waitress to keep the change...

Always knew you were a class act

Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I think it's true that dating is so confusing to most men because so many women want so many different things. Many women make a man work for the pleasure of their company, playing hard to get - saying no when they really just want a man to chase them for a while.

If you are serious about not wanting to be with him, tell him "NO" and never respond to him again. Quit stringing him along by responding.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,653 times
OK, from reading this thread, I now know why women refuse to ask men out. It's not because they're afraid of rejection, it's because they're too damn cheap to pay for the date.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:34 PM

664 posts, read 773,496 times
lol. I love the crap women come up with. Women's lib we are equal in every way, except for dating. That's one "tradition" that we actually like. Forget that fact that "traditionally" women stayed in the kitchen, didn't work, couldn't vote, etc. We don't like those, but this dating thing, we'll keep that one.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:37 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,581 times
Ok I really hope this doesn't come off as rude or like I look down on you or this profession because I do not. but aren't you a stripper? This is a big deal on this question...

Old 09-26-2011, 01:10 AM

26 posts, read 41,193 times
I totally agree with you. I had an experience like this with my boyfriend! Ex-boyfriend now.

He was great. He was nice and funny and we could hold a conversation for hours but he never took me out, never took me on a date he didn't do anything and treated me like a buddy. I told him that me a girlfriend were going out to a movie and if he'd like to join he was more than welcome to. He complained about the drive there and when we got up to pay my friend paid for hers and I had to ask if I was paying for him or if he was paying for us. He looked at me in an odd way and then said he'd pay. Afterwards he even complained about the damn movie!

Now, that wasn't the only reason I broke up with him but I won't get into detail. Men will probably not understand since I did invite him to the movies with us. However, any gentlemen aught to know that it's common courtesy to pay for a lady whether you ask him out, he asks you out and ESPECIALLY if he's your boyfriend.

You're not being a *****. It's how things have been for many years. Even if you brought out your wallet first he should have stepped in and said, "Hey, it's alright I got it"

Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships