Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You thought wrong.

For the most part, my friend, chivalry is dead. Chivalry is neither expected nor demanded by women. It is merely a dying code of honor among gentlemen.
It's not just chivalry - having good manners in general seems to be dying. We're becoming a much more casual society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 12:13 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women do not expect/demand chivalry

Shazam! Now your starting to catch on.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
It's not just chivalry - having good manners in general seems to be dying. We're becoming a much more casual society.

I agree.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Unfortunately you are right.

The loss of chivalry was the price women paid for our equality. It is rare to find a gentleman these days. It is certainly something that I miss although my husband still opens doors for me, picks up the groceries and other small niceties.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

The loss of chivalry was the price women paid for our equality. It is rare to find a gentleman these days. It is certainly something that I miss although my husband still opens doors for me, picks up the groceries and other small niceties.
Rare to find a gentleman as much as a traditional woman. Both may be missed. But isn’t this something that benefits both sexes? For example, why would all house chores be left for the woman, just because she’s a woman? Why would opening doors, taking care of expenses, etc. all be left to men just because they are men? Why not do all kinds of niceties and gestures to one another without minding if it’s a man or a woman? Now that is equality right there.

Last edited by onihC; 10-25-2011 at 01:51 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Rare to find a gentleman as much as a traditional woman. Both are missed. But isn’t this something that benefits both sexes? For example, why would all house chores be left for the woman, just because she’s a woman? Why would opening doors, taking care of expenses, etc. all be left to men just because they are men? Why not do all kinds of niceties and gestures to one another without minding if it’s a man or a woman? Now that is equality right there.
Good point. It takes two to tango.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

I prefer equality, although fortunately I live in an area and am also at the age where my male peers are mostly gentlemen. Many still open and hold doors and such. There are even younger guys and gals that do this and say ma'm and thank you, etc. but yes, it is fading fast and its a shame to lose general manners, decency and respect for others.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Shazam! Now your starting to catch on.
SOME women. Sorry to the guys who disagree, but I'm used to having my door opened and my chair pulled out, I'm surprised if it DOESN'T happen.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Or men cherry picking tradions that work their way is just fine and other men will support that. Women cherry picking tratidions that work their way is considered a sexist nazi feminist.
What traditions? Any traditions that men had in their favor were killed by the feminist long time ago. Every thing is in favor of women now. Its a womans world.

Nightly News: Men falling behind women - Business - US business - msnbc.com

All the Single Ladies - Magazine - The Atlantic

The End of Men - Magazine - The Atlantic

Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
What traditions? Any traditions that men had in their favor were killed by the feminist long time ago. Every thing is in favor of women now. Its a womans world.

Nightly News: Men falling behind women - Business - US business - msnbc.com

All the Single Ladies - Magazine - The Atlantic

The End of Men - Magazine - The Atlantic
Poor men

Shoes not quite as nice when it's on the other foot is it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships