Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,258 times

Advertisements

Why the heck can't Repubocrat date a few (or several) other women while he waits for the origional one to get back to him????

Seems it would benefit him by boosting his confidence which would make him come across as less needy which in turn would make him more attractive to women.

The more options you have (not just dating, but life in general) the more relaxed you will be and the more you can choose your outcomes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Met a girl last week, we went on a date and we both had a great time. After the first date, I contacted her and I asked her to please be honest with me and tell me if she wanted to see me again
This is the biggest mistake right there. Why are you taking the fun and mystery of dating out of the picture for her? Girls are messed up man, they want to chase you, they like not knowing if we're into them, that's what drives their interest. You just took away a big reason for her to go out again. You're not dead with her yet, but if you continue this path and take the mystery out of it and let her know you're into her right away, she'll lose interest in you.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Quote:
Met a girl last week, we went on a date and we both had a great time. After the first date, I contacted her and I asked her to please be honest with me and tell me if she wanted to see me again.

She said YES, then last night, she sent me a text that read "We should meet again soon!". Ok, no problem!

I replied to her text at 5:30 pm last night, telling her to please, let me know at least one day ahead of time when she wanted to meet again and how her day was.

She sends me a reply today!, almost 24 hours later, stating that her day was busy and asking me if I wanted to have a second date on October 6th. What the hell? I have not replied!

Honestly, I don't understand why people act this way, it is like, if you are not interested, tell me you are not, yet, she acts like she is interested but is it really hard to send me a text in a 24 hour period? I can send someone a text in less than 20 seconds!!!

I don't really want to act like a jerk yet because we had a good time, but I don't understand her at all. Any ideas?

I would definately NOT go out with her again.. she is obviously too busy for you..

Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
I am in no rush, my point is, it does not matter how busy I am, It only takes me about 20 seconds to reply to a text, I can do it when I am in the restroom, or pretty much anywhere, even before going to bed.

I understand people are different but I don't get texting someone 24 hours later to answer a question that was answered the day before.

I am not going to say anything negative to her, because like I said, I don't know her well YET, and we had a very good first date but I really don't understand taking over a day to reply to a text, I guess, we are just VERY different people!

THAT makes you VERY different people? That is positively weird.

I was talking to my DH the other day. We were reminiscing over the bad old days of our marriage, before we figured things out. One of the things we were really happy we figured out is not need to be "right" about things. The less each of us needs to be right, the easier it is for us to get along.

In your example, if you can let go of feeling that texting with a certain response time or frequency has a right way, then you increase the ease with which you will get along with others.

What difference does it make WHEN she texted you? She texted you. She wants to get together with you. Focus on that!

Old 09-30-2011, 01:38 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatarded View Post
Asking a girl out with a text message to me is classless, it tells me someone is afraid of rejection.
Possibly. I wouldn't know since texting was not used when I was dating. However, this was a clear sign of being afraid of rejection:

Quote:
After the first date, I contacted her and I asked her to please be honest with me and tell me if she wanted to see me again.
If the OP thought she was nice, chances are she is going to have a hard time answering this any other way than with "yes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
You all act like a person must have conversations by phone with someone they've been on one date with in order to show that he is a man and that he takes her seriously.
But, doesn't the OP and those who support him expect the woman to be a *woman* and to take the OP seriously by texting within the OP's time frame?

You are measuring a person's character according to your expectation.

I agree that people can communicate by texting but that is not the problem. The problem is that the woman is not meeting the OPs expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Already Repubocrat is suspecting games and dismissing this woman with whom he had a nice time, rather than trying to get to know her so that he can make a real decision.

So many younger people now are all about the instant gratification and next! next! next! Then they wonder why they aren't connecting with people.
Exactly. Because when younger people don't get what they want, the assume the worst in the other person and at the same time act like they are perfect.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:13 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
This turned out to be an interesting thread. I am not too concerned about the girl reading this thread because "She is just too busy!"

By reading some of the responses here, I realize how messed up some women really are. Seriously, do you think I am going waste my time "chasing" someone I don't even know? If some women really expect that, then, good luck finding some idiot that will do that.

Courtship, what the hell? So, I am supposed to make an effort to get to know someone who does not even have the courtesy or the common sense to reply to a text within a reasonable time?

I sent her a text on Tuesday, asking where she would like to meet on October 6th and what time, so far, no response, and somehow I am supposed to make the extra effort to reach out? Maybe try calling her? Are you serious?

I would not be surprised if the I get a text before October 6th from her canceling our date, but hey, "she had a good time" "It was great meeting me" and "we should meet soon" is what I heard from her last week.

And guys are the "messed up" ones.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,090 times
Quote:
I am not too concerned about the girl reading this thread because "She is just too busy!"
Desperate really does come to mind.

Anyhow, I'm just going to save this for future reference

Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
if i were you i would have sent a "lol" at the date and went on with my life

2,596 posts, read 5,581,958 times
Sorry, but I think you're being way too uptight about this, almost to the point where I'm worried you're going to start freaking her out.

"After the first date, I contacted her and I asked her to please be honest with me and tell me if she wanted to see me again."

Too much, too soon with the "please be honest with me." Why not just ask her on a second date? If she says 'yes' then you know she wants to see you again. You're putting too much pressure, too soon. I would back off, or you'll scare her away. Dating should be a FUN experience, not a highly stressful activity.

"She said YES, then last night, she sent me a text that read "We should meet again soon!"."

Great. Perfect response.

"I replied to her text at 5:30 pm last night, telling her to please, let me know at least one day ahead of time when she wanted to meet again and how her day was."

Too demanding. Too many rules. Too uptight. Remember that dating should be FUN, not a high-stress activity full of specific rules. Instead, how about, "Are you free this Friday night? There's this great hamburger place I'd love to take you to. We could catch a movie afterward."

"She sends me a reply today!, almost 24 hours later, stating that her day was busy and asking me if I wanted to have a second date on October 6th. What the hell? I have not replied!"

This is where you've totally gone round the bend, IMHO. She answered you the following day. You didn't have to wait months. You are making a huge scene over NOTHING. Her day was busy. Period. There are some people who actually DO have lives. They don't spend every second hooked to their phone. Again: she answered you the following day. Her world should not revolve around you after only one date. She was perfectly cordial. You are acting obsessive.

"Honestly, I don't understand why people act this way, it is like, if you are not interested, tell me you are not, yet, she acts like she is interested but is it really hard to send me a text in a 24 hour period? I can send someone a text in less than 20 seconds!!!
"

Again, she has her own life and you've only been on one date. Maybe she was busy when you texted. Maybe she needed to check her schedule. Maybe she was studying and wanted to concentrate. Who cares. The point is, she was quite PROMPT in contacting you again the next day. You're having a meltdown over nothing. Relax.

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
This turned out to be an interesting thread. I am not too concerned about the girl reading this thread because "She is just too busy!"

By reading some of the responses here, I realize how messed up some women really are. Seriously, do you think I am going waste my time "chasing" someone I don't even know? If some women really expect that, then, good luck finding some idiot that will do that.

Courtship, what the hell? So, I am supposed to make an effort to get to know someone who does not even have the courtesy or the common sense to reply to a text within a reasonable time?

I sent her a text on Tuesday, asking where she would like to meet on October 6th and what time, so far, no response, and somehow I am supposed to make the extra effort to reach out? Maybe try calling her? Are you serious?

I would not be surprised if the I get a text before October 6th from her canceling our date, but hey, "she had a good time" "It was great meeting me" and "we should meet soon" is what I heard from her last week.

And guys are the "messed up" ones.
Sounds like you have your mind made up. Why not just cancel now and spare yourself? She's either going to cancel or you're going to pout through the whole date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships