Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM

357 posts, read 727,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Mystery solved! Just as umpteen people told you, people you argued with ad nauseum, she did not see your lame actions (and yes, they were lame) as "INTEREST." She told you straight-up! That's as real as it gets.

Now, this is a woman who wants more traditional courtship...that means that the man pursues, plans a date, and woos her. YOU want a woman who will do the chasing, plan the dates, and make sure you know she is interested in you at each point. You are not a match in that way. Her way is NOT wrong. But you have conflicting needs and wants and expectations when it comes to courtship.

Amazing that people actually knew what they were talking about! Use your phone and make a phone call! I don't know how people can't see that they (calling and texting) are nowhere near equivalent!

"Why would I call someone I don't know?" But you do! You have her name and contact info! Use it! "How can a man know what is going on in a woman's mind?" Apparently it's much easier if you have a conversation, which is what your phone is for!

Your 2nd paragraph here is debatable. We don't know that she wants more traditional courtship. But we do know she prefers to actually speak on the phone and have a fluid conversation about things. This reliance on texting has created a young army of cowards, it seems. Look at what a lack of communication caused in this guy's head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 04:24 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,634,356 times
What I find amusing is that after declaring what a WASTE of time his first date was when she didn't respond back immediately, how messed up and game playing and trashing the whole communication process and writing her off with a "good riddance to that" sentiment....he actually could not stop thinking about her...to the point he felt compelled to contact her again and ask what happened to them getting together for a date.

Thou dost protest too much, methinks. See! She's under his skin and he does want to date her, despite claiming otherwise. And if he wants success he'll learn to call and show some interest.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:43 PM

142 posts, read 394,724 times
guys do the same crap when they're not into the girl so I'm guessing she's either a tease or not that interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Met a girl last week, we went on a date and we both had a great time. After the first date, I contacted her and I asked her to please be honest with me and tell me if she wanted to see me again.

She said YES, then last night, she sent me a text that read "We should meet again soon!". Ok, no problem!

I replied to her text at 5:30 pm last night, telling her to please, let me know at least one day ahead of time when she wanted to meet again and how her day was.

She sends me a reply today!, almost 24 hours later, stating that her day was busy and asking me if I wanted to have a second date on October 6th. What the hell? I have not replied!

Honestly, I don't understand why people act this way, it is like, if you are not interested, tell me you are not, yet, she acts like she is interested but is it really hard to send me a text in a 24 hour period? I can send someone a text in less than 20 seconds!!!

I don't really want to act like a jerk yet because we had a good time, but I don't understand her at all. Any ideas?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,514 times
i think you handled it wrong - once it was determined that she would like to see you again i would have called her with a date and time for the next date - also a suggestion on what you would like to do such as a movie and which one - she can then answer you if its convenient for her or let you know she has seen that movie and suggest another one - you left it in her court so you got what you got

Old 10-15-2011, 03:59 PM

357 posts, read 727,319 times
think of how many bungle the preliminary steps and never get another shot

Old 10-15-2011, 04:11 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,219 times
She did you a favor, move past her.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,634,356 times
He can't move past her. The truth is he can't stop thinking about her and he's intrigued.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackconverse View Post
Amazing that people actually knew what they were talking about! Use your phone and make a phone call! I don't know how people can't see that they (calling and texting) are nowhere near equivalent!

"Why would I call someone I don't know?" But you do! You have her name and contact info! Use it! "How can a man know what is going on in a woman's mind?" Apparently it's much easier if you have a conversation, which is what your phone is for!

Your 2nd paragraph here is debatable. We don't know that she wants more traditional courtship. But we do know she prefers to actually speak on the phone and have a fluid conversation about things. This reliance on texting has created a young army of cowards, it seems. Look at what a lack of communication caused in this guy's head.
This is such a great post and so very true. If a person isn't "brave" enough to make an actual phone call, it shows that they're not worth wasting time on. Who knows whether this gal is interested in a "conventional" relationship? What we do know, is that she expects a prospective date/mate to show some initiative and interest, rather than pursuing him. That, to me, shows some class. Of course, I'm a bit conventional.

To the OP... Maybe your emotions, when you were texting her, were those of excitement. Without looking like a lunatic or a child, it can be pretty difficult to get that across in a text message. They can be very cold and impersonal. Only the human voice can truly convey an emotional feeling. Whether or not this relationship works out, you might want to keep that in mind.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:21 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
This is such a great post and so very true. If a person isn't "brave" enough to make an actual phone call, it shows that they're not worth wasting time on.
Exactly, this is my beef with fb as well. Purely superficial.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Exactly, this is my beef with fb as well. Purely superficial.
LMAO.... Exactly!! If I'm sitting at my computer, reading what someone wrote....oh...let's use something that recently happened to a relative of mine. She posted a message recently, on FB that was a rant and a threat. Someone had come into their yard, in the middle of the night, and stole her daughter's bicycle. She called them some pretty bad names and made some nasty threats, wondered how people like that could LIVE with themselves, stealing from a little girl.

I wrote to her, "I'm so sorry that someone would be so cruel. Your daughter must be devastated!" Okay, my heart did hurt for her daughter, BUT, I was kind of smirking at the same time. Did she know that? Did she know that I was only a TINY bit sympathetic? Nope. If she could have seen my face and heard what my daughter and I discussed upon reading that post, she would have been pi$$ed at me!!

You're dying to know why. I know you are. LOL She married a sleaze bag. He was a thief and a d-bag when she was dating him and she married him and had several kids, in spite of him being a thief and a liar. Oh, to the best of my knowledge, he is now gainfully employed and "might" not still be thieving, but he did for many, many years! Karma's a beotch...but did that emotion come across on my fb post? Nope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships