Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
ROFL, get back to us on that when you are a little older.
lol.

Nope. See it when adults in their 40s and 50s do it. If you don't have the looks, you get nothing but short answers. Or looked down on how pathetic you look.

Sorry but it wouldn't matter if you had a wonderful personality or smiled a lot. People would pass you by.

What Herc said holds lots of truth.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
lol.

Nope. See it when adults in their 40s and 50s do it. If you don't have the looks, you get nothing but short answers. Or looked down on how pathetic you look.

Sorry but it wouldn't matter if you had a wonderful personality or smiled a lot. People would pass you by.

What Herc said holds lots of truth.
Honey, I'm 49.
I learned a long time ago that good looks (and I have been blessed in that department) only gets you so far.
When you're my age, intellect matters far more than some shallow premise of an attractive, empty, hollow facade.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
What was wrong with the women who were 2's when you were a "2"
What's wrong with wanting to improve yourself and making the effort to do so?

The truth is no one wants to settle for below average, and I don't think they should. But at the same time, people who find themselves in that category should work to better themselves to make them more deserving of what they want. The OP is a good example of that, even though it does look like he's got some major issues yet to deal with.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:02 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Why would I give people the benefit of the doubt? My life experience is that most people don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and they have to prove themselves first. That has nothing to do with being polite or rude.
I just noticed that I misinterpreted your post, because I mistook the full-stop for a comma. I guess that's what happens when you try to find humour in everything.

I read it like this:
Quote:
The OP is spot on. like it or not, I was never ugly
My apologies.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:08 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Honey, I'm 49.
I learned a long time ago that good looks (and I have been blessed in that department) only gets you so far.
When you're my age, intellect matters far more than some shallow premise of an attractive, empty, hollow facade.
I have said things like that.

But I don't care how old you are. When you see an attractive person who may or may not have a good personality. You congregate to them only on the basis of looks and that somewhere in you you think you deserve them. Or that they should be with you because you are "deep" or something trivial that again goes back to being something superficial. See mom, we are all superficial beings.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
It was a fun picture...

Old 09-28-2011, 01:26 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
What's wrong with wanting to improve yourself and making the effort to do so?

The truth is no one wants to settle for below average, and I don't think they should. But at the same time, people who find themselves in that category should work to better themselves to make them more deserving of what they want. The OP is a good example of that, even though it does look like he's got some major issues yet to deal with.

There is nothing wrong with improving yourself. In fact, I'm all for improving yourself, that includes the inside as well as the outside. That wasn't my question though. I didn't ask why did you improve yourself, I asked, What was wrong with women who were 2's when he was a 2?

..and major issues is the understatement of the year.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I have said things like that.

But I don't care how old you are. When you see an attractive person who may or may not have a good personality. You congregate to them only on the basis of looks and that somewhere in you you think you deserve them. Or that they should be with you because you are "deep" or something trivial that again goes back to being something superficial. See mom, we are all superficial beings.
Sorry honey, you are just way too shallow to be a child of mine.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:40 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raging-hetero View Post
i just noticed that i misinterpreted your post, because i mistook the full-stop for a comma. I guess that's what happens when you try to find humour in everything.

i read it like this:

My apologies.

smh.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
smh.
You don't have to rub it in.

Btw, what I meant to say is that I mistook the comma for a full-stop.

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 09-28-2011 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships