Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 06:48 PM

710 posts, read 584,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
Some say hydrolized collagen and hyaluronic acid rivals some types of cosmetic surgery. Ive seen some very good results with those but only with consistence. It might be worth reading about. It all comes down to what we used to eat, but no longer do (organs, entire animal) etc. There is also marine collagen but there are more allergic reactions to those.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:37 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
I went from a 4 to a 10 by becoming rich.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:13 AM

574 posts, read 376,605 times
If you look closely at before and after photo's for both men and women the difference is sometimes a very major change.
That is of course the real pictures and not those doctored up for a magazine or to sell a product. If you find the motivation to really go all the way with diet and exercise it can't help but change your appearance.

The number one reason people go to the gym to transform themselves is overall health and fitness. Maybe the second reason is to improve their appearance. It sort of goes hand in hand. When we get our bodies in really good condition we carry ourselves better. We fell better about ourselves and it just shows.

The pressure to have a certain look for men and women both can be severe. But only if you let it. Women don't have to look like a supermodel to get a date. And men don't have to look like Arnold.

Most of us are just average. Whatever that is. And we are going to attract other people who are average like us. It all seeks its own level. Getting bitter or angry about it doesn't accomplish anything.

If you are happy with who you are, forget all about what other people think. If you are not happy, find out why and do something about it.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:09 PM

68 posts, read 115,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I went from a 2 to a 6. Huge leap.

Women are just as if not more superficial then men. I don't mean it in a bitter way, it's just what I have experienced. Before I could not get any women to notice me. One example would be trying to be friendly with a cashier and she wouldn't give me any eye contact or smile at me at all. Now I can be as rude or cold as I want to be and they will give me eye contact and smile.

Nearly all women treat you as if you don't exist when your unattractive. They go out of their way to physically avoid you, not make any eye contact, or smile. Their pretty much cold and give you smug looks like your nothing when your unattractive. They don't even want to be around you. You can be as friendly as you want to be but they will still look at you with disgust. Women can be extremely mean to you when your unattractive and I'm pretty sure there's some guys around here who know what I'm talking about, so I won't have to go into detail.

However when you are attractive they actually walk in front of you, sometimes even bump into you, pause and check you out. You don't even have to try to spark up a conversation. They want you to talk them and notice them. Yesterday I walked into the store and actually made one nervous. They speak to you different as well. Even the rudest women will show you some respect. It's like you become this magnet.

What did I do? I went to a dermatologist. My facial skin is nearly flawless. I also really pay attention to my teeth. I don't eat candy, drink coffee, or soda and I brush and floss religously with perfect technique but I will be heading to the dentist soon to get them to be perfectly white. I also work out my shoulders alot now and do lots of squats to help my posture. I drink tons of water and change my diet. I work out alot but I focus on shoulders, squats, and pushups the most. I think I do 60 a set. I also have a pretty good stride.

Also, I use to slouch and have a weak posture. Now I stand tall and I went from 6'2" to 6'3" and with the sneakers or shoes I get I'm like 6'3"1/2" (Women do it too). I only weigh 205 lbs as well so you don't have to be Bill Goldberg or anything.

You can believe me or you don't have to believe me but this is what works/worked for me and this is what I have experienced all my life.

If you look back I started a few threads and asked what makes a man physically attractive here on city data. I was actually researched the topic for 3 months. To facial symmetry, possessing a strong chin, and to how you dress.

Oh it also helps to use a rag when washing the face keep the eyebrows symmetrical, your fingernails as clean as possible and make sure your lips are never cracking.

As long as your clothes are clean, presentable and fit you well you won't lose any points if there not top notch. However, if you can find your own unique style and its looks good women will notice. The peacock theory does work. Accessories help as well as long as it not overdone. Women will notice what you have on and it will draw more candidates to check you out. Even if some or not interested you still have more numbers.

Please no bashing. Has any guys have a similiar experience? What worked for you? I'm hoping this can be a constructive topic and good wealth of information exchange. Im just sharing what has worked for me.

But I will say this physical attraction does only get you so far with some women. I pretty much suck when it comes to carrying on a conversation and I'm still learning the ropes. It will only get you in the door with some women. If you can't keep her excited nvm interested its all over.

It sounds like you're getting very bitter against "women", who you seem to think care more about looks than men. Let me tell you that I went from being an average-attractiveness 160lb female to a 200lb female when I had an undiagnosed autoimmune disease and men would not even look me in the eye. And if a man HAD to talk to me (like when I'd ask a stocker where something was located in the grocery store), they'd answer without looking at me, then get a way as fast as possible. If I tried to make small talk they'd get a look of horror in their eyes that I'd never seen before. It was actually so dramatic as to be funny. I also got to know several men on online dating sites, found we had much in common and established a baseline friendship, then when they saw a photo for the first time they ended it brutally and coldly (and I always told them I was overweight from the beginning, guess they were hoping I was a model with body dysmorphia). Now that I've lost some weight suddenly I'm a human being worthy of being treated as such again. So please get off your high horse and realize that most human beings male AND female, are shallow and care more about what you look like than who you are inside.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Ok. I know this is an old thread. But REALLY? All this guy did was clean his face and brush his teeth and stand up straight. And then he went from a 2 to a 6.

Who can blame women for avoiding a man whose face is dirty and he doesn't have good dental care and doesn't slouch? Bash women if you want, these are basic requirements of a partner who gives a damn about what he looks like.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:57 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Women think that way. They won't even give you a chance if your 1,2, or 3 unless they know they themselves are unattractive , they are unattractive and they have to settle for less.

Apparently some guys won't either. You say 1's, 2's and 3's are ugly, and out of the other side of your face you say women won't give a 1,2, or 3 guy a chance. Pot meet kettle!

Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,971 times
Yeah I'm pretty mediocre looking..mostly because of my face which I can't by do much about.

The one or two women who showed any interest in me in my 37 years I wasn't attracted to at all even if they were in my "league" so to speak

If I can't get a semi attractive women I'd rather be alone the rest of my life then with a women I have no physical attraction to at all..

Old 05-12-2017, 01:15 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Some of you guys crack me up here.

I was out of the house for 2 minutes today, not including the 35 minute ride to the beach. As soon as I grabbed my board out of the back of the truck before I went for my surf, I saw a really pretty girl with a dude that I would bet that most women would probably think is well below average in looks. And they were arm in arm and even making out with each other. I see instances like this EVERY day and because of that, I still don't understand why so many people think they aren't getting dates because they're not good looking. I can't believe that I'm in some kind of minority of people who do not notice this when they're out in public. Either other guys aren't paying attention or they're so hung up on how ugly they think they are, they believe all these guys make themselves look like a cyclops. I think your look have little to do with your shortcomings in being successful in getting dates. Don't get me wrong, I never said a girl is gonna go out with a guy if she finds him physically unattractive. Don't think that's what I'm saying, because that's not what I'm saying at all.

You guys that think you're so frickin ugly, you're either not asking enough women out, or there's something deeper than your looks that's turning them off.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

I was out of the house for 2 minutes today, not including the 35 minute ride to the beach. As soon as I grabbed my board out of the back of the truck before I went for my surf, I saw a really pretty girl with a dude that I would bet that most women would probably think is well below average in looks. And they were arm in arm and even making out with each other. I see instances like this EVERY day and because of that, I still don't understand why so many people think they aren't getting dates because they're not good looking. I can't believe that I'm in some kind of minority of people who do not notice this when they're out in public. Either other guys aren't paying attention or they're so hung up on how ugly they think they are, they believe all these guys make themselves look like a cyclops. I think your look have little to do with your shortcomings in being successful in getting dates. Don't get me wrong, I never said a girl is gonna go out with a guy if she finds him physically unattractive. Don't think that's what I'm saying, because that's not what I'm saying at all.

You guys that think you're so frickin ugly, you're either not asking enough women out, or there's something deeper than your looks that's turning them off.
No you're definitely not alone mate in your observations and I've seen it a million times plus I've been out with FAR better looking women than myself

It's all because them blokes use what they have got in terms of attractiveness and are positive about it instead of worrying about what they don't have ( or think they don't ) and cry about it.

We both know a positive and confident outlook DOES have an inner glow that really does shine through and is VERY attractive to the ladies in my opinion

Old 05-12-2017, 01:25 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

People just rooster block themselves. People are their own worst enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships