Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 12:46 PM

31 posts, read 44,401 times

Advertisements

Nothing new here. But be assured guys you don't earn more than a woman. She will want nothing to do with you.

Quote:
[SIZE=2]The idea that women dislike being financially dependent on men is a myth, with more choosing to “marry up” now than did so in the 1940s, according to Dr Catherine Hakim from the London School of Economics.

After decades of gender equality campaigning many women now find it hard to admit that they want to be a housewife more than they want a successful career of their own, she said.

The study comes after the Coalition announced a series of measures intended to narrow the pay gap between men and women.

[/SIZE]
What women really want: to marry a rich man - Telegraph

Old 10-15-2011, 12:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
I think we all know the various directions this one will go in...

1. A bunch of men agreeing wholeheartedly, citing their lack of dating success;
2. A bunch of women saying it's untrue;
3. A bunch of men saying the women who say it's untrue are lying;
4. Several women saying they made or make more than their husbands;
5. #4 above being ignored, OR told they're in the extreme minority, with exaggerated anecdotes to "prove" it (usually about "someone somebody knew once");
6. A number of strawmen saying "Well if a guy were homeless, didn't have a high school diploma and asked you out to the fights using your car because he only has a bicycle, would you go? No? See, you DO care about how much a man makes!",
7. A bunch of women starting to get upset at basically having been called liars or having been conveniently ignored (or having been passed up as "rare"),
8. The biggest of the "life isn't fair to men" guys finally coming out of the woodwork, emboldened by having seen enough other guys break that ground first, and bringing out the big guns (severely insulting remarks about women stated as truth);
9. The thread mercifully dying a natural death only to be brought back 6 months later by a noob who did a search.
10. Repeat steps 1-9 above.

Okay. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's a wrap.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:57 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,265,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think we all know the various directions this one will go in...

1. A bunch of men agreeing wholeheartedly, citing their lack of dating success;
2. A bunch of women saying it's untrue;
3. A bunch of men saying the women who say it's untrue are lying;
4. A number of strawmen saying "Well if a guy were homeless, didn't have a high school diploma and asked you out to the fights using your car because he only has a bicycle, would you go? No? See, you DO care about how much a man makes!",
5. A bunch of women starting to get upset at basically having been called liars or having been conveniently ignored (or having been passed up as "rare"),
6. The biggest of the "life isn't fair to men" guys finally coming out of the woodwork, emboldened by having seen enough other guys break that ground first, and bringing out the big guns (severely insulting remarks about women stated as truth).

Okay. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's a wrap.
Which is why I consider this yet another gender-bashing thread.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:58 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Which is why I consider this yet another gender-bashing thread.

Not only gender bashing, it's just plain old tired and been dooooooooooooooooooooooooone to death.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not only gender bashing, it's just plain old tired and been dooooooooooooooooooooooooone to death.
Oh dear God but is it. Ah well, who are we to say. I guess now we sit back with a bucket of popcorn and watch the show!

Old 10-15-2011, 01:00 PM

31 posts, read 44,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh dear God but is it. Ah well, who are we to say. I guess now we sit back with a bucket of popcorn and watch the show!

Its a popcorn thread.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:05 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,265,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVampireHunter View Post
Its a popcorn thread.
Yeah, well. Popcorn is full of fiber, which makes one full of crap.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzette View Post
yeah, well. Popcorn is full of fiber, which makes one full of crap.
ftw!

Old 10-15-2011, 01:14 PM

78 posts, read 81,060 times
I don't see what's wrong with women wanting financial security. How many women would rather slave away at a minimum wage job to make ends meet when they don't have to?

Yes, there are women who have higher paying jobs but those are usually the ones who aren't seeking financial security in a marriage since they can provide it for themselves.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCochino View Post
I don't see what's wrong with women wanting financial security.
Ooh...now this one I didn't foresee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships