Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times

Advertisements

ChrisMacD makes a valid point and I find the reponses to his question interesting. He has every right to feel the way that he does, and, the reality is that how he feels is not right or wrong. Chris says that he finds his wife attractive and he has remained with her for five years before getting married, so what if he wanted to read a book instead of doing his wife-I think that he's earned it(I am only half-joking. Al Bundy for Pres). Sex does not equal love. Sexual attraction does not equal being in love. Most couples that I know who have remained together for many years have an ever dwindling sex life. Or at least one that is not as vibrant as it was in the beginning. It is perfectly natural. But, those couples are still totally in love with either and their bonds have grown stronger over the years(despite the lack of sex, imagine that). What I think is going on here is that the women who are responding are putting themselves in this situation mentally. No woman, no matter how ugly, wants to be made to feel ugly. And the men, being Mr. Sensitive and Caring is the new.....well what ever. By the way, isn't it the women who wind up reading the book? More power to you Chris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 07:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Dude????????????????????????I hope you have strong wrists! I've got a felling you'll be needing them in the future!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Sex does not equal love. Sexual attraction does not equal being in love. Most couples that I know who have remained together for many years have an ever dwindling sex life. Or at least one that is not as vibrant as it was in the beginning. It is perfectly natural. But, those couples are still totally in love with either and their bonds have grown stronger over the years(despite the lack of sex, imagine that). What I think is going on here is that the women who are responding are putting themselves in this situation mentally. No woman, no matter how ugly, wants to be made to feel ugly. And the men, being Mr. Sensitive and Caring is the new.....well what ever. By the way, isn't it the women who wind up reading the book? More power to you Chris.
Well put and agreed on that one

Old 05-04-2008, 10:06 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Well put, K-Luv
I'd say a couple totally without sex (and for me "sex" can mean simply caressing each other, soft intimacy) is not an actual couple, but on the other hand I doubt a couple whose life revolves exclusively around sex would last very long ... living in couple is a balancing act, it's challenging and keeps one young, sexual intercourse is only a (dwindling) part of it....

Old 05-04-2008, 10:34 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Dude????????????????????????I hope you have strong wrists! I've got a felling you'll be needing them in the future!!!!!!!!!
Wouldn't that use the bicep more?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
I love my wife more than anything and she is still one of the hottest women wherever she goes. But, I would think that for me, it would start getting old if/when she lets herself get out of shape - i.e., FAT. There is nothing more of a turnoff than an overweight fat woman for me. Luckily, the wife has excellent genes (all family are dancers or Russian trained acrobats) and no one is fat. So, its unlikely that this would happen to my wife.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:33 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
How long have you been blind?
Not blind...I just don't feel the need to "see" anything. They can stay under the covers.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,198,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You reminded me of this joke:

A couple had been married for 50 years.

They were sitting at the breakfast table one morning when the old gentleman said to his wife, "Just think, honey, we've been married for 50 years."

"Yeah," she replied, "Just think, fifty years ago we were sitting here at this breakfast table together."

"I know," the old man said, "We were probably sitting here naked as jaybirds fifty years ago."

"Well," Granny snickered, "What do you say...should we get naked?"

Where upon the two stripped to the buff and sat down at the table.

"You know, honey," the little old lady breathlessly replied, "My breasts are as hot for you today as they were fifty years ago."

"I wouldn't be surprised," replied Gramps. "One's in your coffee and the other is in your oatmeal!

Old Age Jokes - Naked Breakfast
Good one Sierra!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:55 PM

46 posts, read 142,304 times
been with my wife for 22+ yrs. She never gets old to me. I love looking at her when she has no clothes on and when she puts on the short shorts and wife beater it drives me nuts. She never ceases to get a rise out of me without even trying.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:21 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,198,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I love my wife more than anything and she is still one of the hottest women wherever she goes. But, I would think that for me, it would start getting old if/when she lets herself get out of shape - i.e., FAT. There is nothing more of a turnoff than an overweight fat woman for me. Luckily, the wife has excellent genes (all family are dancers or Russian trained acrobats) and no one is fat. So, its unlikely that this would happen to my wife.
It's good to see the deep meaningful relationships some of you have and also so sad to see how shallow some of you are as well. Getting off on your wife's toned body otherwise you would loose interest...married for five years and bored seeing your wife naked. So I guess if any of you got fat and flabby you would understand how your wife wouldn't want to have sex with you anymore and would be fine with that or god forbid you might have a serious illness or an accident that caused you to become disfigured...why should your wife be interested in you anymore..after all...you wouldn't be hot. Hopefully these things won't happen to your wives because if they did it sounds like the door would open and close faster than a speeding bullet with you leaving since she wouldn't be hot or worth showing off anymore and you would definetly be disgusted by her looks and get really bored. Ho hum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships