U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 5,817 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have recently started dating a married man about a month and a half now. He was the one who made the first move, we had been texting off and on for the last 5 years, and then he finally had me come meet him. Mind you we have not had sex yet, but we are very passionate when we are together, very sensual and caring. He has stayed the night a handful of times now, and we talk on the phone almost daily as well as text, he is touchy lovey to me in public (we live in a small town) He originally said they were getting divorced, now she dont want to leave for financial reasons. so this leaves me where? He tells me everyday that i am amazing ....should i just be open and tell him my feelings and go from there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 AM

614 posts, read 1,406,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyesvw View Post
Hello, I have recently started dating a married man about a month and a half now. He was the one who made the first move, we had been texting off and on for the last 5 years, and then he finally had me come meet him. Mind you we have not had sex yet, but we are very passionate when we are together, very sensual and caring. He has stayed the night a handful of times now, and we talk on the phone almost daily as well as text, he is touchy lovey to me in public (we live in a small town) He originally said they were getting divorced, now she dont want to leave for financial reasons. so this leaves me where? He tells me everyday that i am amazing ....should i just be open and tell him my feelings and go from there?

When he made the 1st move; you should have not encouraged the behavior and ceased all communication, etc....!!! This is NOT acceptable regardless if he is contemplating a divorce or not.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,099,103 times
Quote:
So why doesn't he leave? If he really wants to be with you it wouldn't matter that she wants to stay for financial reasons. This is a no win for you IMHO. I would move on to someone who is available.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM

25,907 posts, read 35,041,567 times
You could have had a long engagement, wedding, and a couple of kids by now. I don't know whose situation is sadder, yours or the wife's. If he was going to leave, he would have done so long ago. Wake up.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,091,558 times
Just remember, if he did it to his wife, he'll do it to you.
Been there - you'll lose. Get out while you can.

Why would you want to be involved with someone so dishonest?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM

381 posts, read 622,028 times
This thread should be closed...relationship forums are about getting help with relationships/love/etc etc..
not breaking relationships and families.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,279,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
This thread should be closed...relationship forums are about getting help with relationships/love/etc etc..
not breaking relationships and families.
Disagree. An affair, sad as it may be, is a relationship.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 PM

18,598 posts, read 13,725,968 times
Quote:
I would say run, leave, get out of Dodge but it would probably have no affect on what you will do. I have known both men and woman in various degrees of this type of situation. Doesn't really matter what any one here says, it will talke the path that it is intended to take, good, bad or indifferent.

My best friend was in a similar situation: He had a petty, mean, but beautiful wife and ended up meeting up with someone who actually looked pretty frumpy but was incredibly nice. Long story short, he ended up leaving the wife for the girlfriend. Will it last? Probably not since he has proven to be good only for 5 year relationships anyway.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,178,184 times
This isn't going to end well...

Old 10-03-2011, 12:24 PM

116 posts, read 124,583 times
Shame on you, for contributing to the destruction of a family. And how sad and disgusting is it that you feel no compunction whatsoever about posting here, in the guise of the victim in this situation?! The wife and kids are the victims, and you're the co-perpetrator.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships