Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times

Advertisements

If you don't have a degree, why are you only dating women with degrees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 05:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Well, if that's the criteria for rejection, it should be easy for you to find out if they are that type. Just ask if it matters. If they say, yes, walk away. Life is too short and dating is too hard to waste your time on losers like that.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I dont see how that would turn women off
I know you don't, Steve, but listen, there are so many people out there who see what happens to many people who have done tours overseas with the military. The military can change you, make you less tender, less compassionate (or too compassionate). It can increase a person's need to control everything, create concrete thinking patterns which keeps you from being able to simply enjoy shades of gray. Does that make sense?

Also, the media has spent a considerable time sensationalizing things like PTSD, anxiety disorders, anger issues, in vets. Maybe you're fine, or maybe the military has hardened you and these women are seeing some underlying issues that you're not even aware of. The fact that you have your own house/car/job, etc., may carry no weight with these women. They have college degrees, therefore, their own earning potential.

It's possible that you have "the need to control". You dropped out of school to join the military.....then you became a cop. To many educated women, you are likely coming across as a major control freak. I'm not saying you are.....just saying. Even though there are many women out there who want a man who CAN be in control, there are not many women out there who will settle down with a man who has the NEED to control.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I dont see how that would turn women off
Oh some women like that stuff while others don't...kinda like guns, some like them, while others don't. I don't think that was the issue with the last girl though. You probably issued her or a family member a speeding ticket? J/K dude. Seriously, who truly understands women? Anyhow, there is someone for everyone, just don't worry about it and she'll find you.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:41 PM

591 posts, read 866,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
There's already a thread about this.
yes, and of course, like you, we've read all 7,500 of them and have their contents memorized

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 10-09-2011 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 10-10-2011, 03:47 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
If you don't have a degree, why are you only dating women with degrees?
Well Im new to the area and dont know really where all the hang out spots are yet. So I mainly hang out downtown and its a college area so that all I have really to work with. Im trying the online dating thing but alot of girls are nervous going out with a guy they meet online I dont blame them just sucks for me.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I know you don't, Steve, but listen, there are so many people out there who see what happens to many people who have done tours overseas with the military. The military can change you, make you less tender, less compassionate (or too compassionate). It can increase a person's need to control everything, create concrete thinking patterns which keeps you from being able to simply enjoy shades of gray. Does that make sense?

Also, the media has spent a considerable time sensationalizing things like PTSD, anxiety disorders, anger issues, in vets. Maybe you're fine, or maybe the military has hardened you and these women are seeing some underlying issues that you're not even aware of. The fact that you have your own house/car/job, etc., may carry no weight with these women. They have college degrees, therefore, their own earning potential.

It's possible that you have "the need to control". You dropped out of school to join the military.....then you became a cop. To many educated women, you are likely coming across as a major control freak. I'm not saying you are.....just saying. Even though there are many women out there who want a man who CAN be in control, there are not many women out there who will settle down with a man who has the NEED to control.
I dont think Im a controling person. I usually tell the girls Im a cop right away because I know some people have problems with that. When I meet all of them they usually say I dont look or act like a cop so I dont think its that. I mean I go on a couple of dates with these girls and they seem interested and we kiss no sex but make out and stuff and no problems with that they always ask to see me again but it just goes bad after the no college thing. One of the girls was at my house when I told her and she didnt believe me. She asked how I had a house and paid for everything with out college. Thats what kinda pissed me off I tried to explain you can work and have money without a degree but they look at me like I have two heads and act like Im going no where and cant carry a conversation because Im not "educated". But they didnt seem to mind before they knew or when we were rolling around on my couch

Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,507 times
Even if it is "wrong", many women would feel like they were settling for someone beneath them who could only work at blue collar jobs, rather than white collar jobs. I don't mean to insult, and this would not apply to everyone in this situation, but it is just "reality" when it comes to how some women feel about blue vs white collar men. Even if you currently make more money than some of your peers who went to college, the likelihood is that over their lifetime, they will catch up and surpass you in earnings. I remember a girl in high school who's boyfriend dropped out of school in the 12th grade to work in the car stereo business. To a high schooler, he was rich! He would come to the school to pick up his girlfriend in a corvette with the best stereo system around. He bought her lots of gifts too. However, once we all graduated, and moved on, and went to college and found decent jobs, we realized that this guy was not such a big deal after all. He actually worked in that same job for about 10 years before moving on to some other similar type job. To many women, they might see you as trying too hard to show what you have, but not having the potential of getting a white collar job. No matter how much you make, they may not see you on their "level". Sure, if you become a millionaire, I don't think many women would turn you down regardless of your education, but in general, I think that is why many of them do.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
I don't think its the degree. Plenty of women find police officers attractive, your personality could have some area that needs improvement or something else, more physical.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Even if it is "wrong", many women would feel like they were settling for someone beneath them who could only work at blue collar jobs, rather than white collar jobs. I don't mean to insult, and this would not apply to everyone in this situation, but it is just "reality" when it comes to how some women feel about blue vs white collar men. Even if you currently make more money than some of your peers who went to college, the likelihood is that over their lifetime, they will catch up and surpass you in earnings. I remember a girl in high school who's boyfriend dropped out of school in the 12th grade to work in the car stereo business. To a high schooler, he was rich! He would come to the school to pick up his girlfriend in a corvette with the best stereo system around. He bought her lots of gifts too. However, once we all graduated, and moved on, and went to college and found decent jobs, we realized that this guy was not such a big deal after all. He actually worked in that same job for about 10 years before moving on to some other similar type job. To many women, they might see you as trying too hard to show what you have, but not having the potential of getting a white collar job. No matter how much you make, they may not see you on their "level". Sure, if you become a millionaire, I don't think many women would turn you down regardless of your education, but in general, I think that is why many of them do.
Ya good point. When I made my post I wasnt trying to show off though I might have come across like that. The way I saw it was because I didnt have a degree I couldnt own a house or a car which isnt true. But ur point makes sense that if I did have a degree Id make more money for a better house or car. Which if thats only what they care about I should look else where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships