Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:48 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times

Advertisements

Why? because most likely you are young, lacking in life experience and lacking in self confidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM

358 posts, read 470,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
No, I'm good thanks. I probably have more experience with women than most on here. That's funny though

Yellow snow is on to something here. One of the best things to do in order to boost your confidence in women is simply to hang out with women. Get some advice, learn how women think, get some tips and it'll definitely make you feel more improved and confident around women. The more women you hangout with, the better sometimes. When other women see a guy hanging out with a few women it usually creates some sort of interest to other women about what you may be about and increases their curiosity of you.

Also, sorry if I was a little over-the-top but it's just how I am. I mean NO HARM to you Davros, it's the contrary in fact-I say things like that to motivate. I admit, I should be a little easy sometimes.

Anyway Davros, just hit the gym if you can (and if you're not in shape) and improve on your physical and overall health and it can definitely help a lot. Regardless, remember that women share the same fear and nervousness that men do. I used to know some rather beautiful women who used to get scared around the guys that were attracted to or had crushes on. So it happens to women to so don't think of it too much. Walk with your shoulders up, chest out, head up, and smile a lot around women. Women like a guy that smiles and that's welcoming (not in a creepy way though, remember that). Exude confidence and happiness within yourself and it can be contagious to women.

And last but not least, remember: The most beautiful lady that you may ever see takes a dump AND wipes her ass too!!

LOL You're welcome.

I was actually referring to the OP though. It sounds like his fear of women may be a by product of deeper underlying social anxiety issues that are effecting other areas of his life as well. I quoted you as I found your advice quite funny, however in his case it may be anything but calming.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
OP, it's probably because you're not comfortable with yourself; specifically, you're not comfortable about your looks. I've always believed that, aside from having good looks, the second reason good looking guys typically get the most women is because they know they look good, and as a result, they aren't afraid of rejection from women. When you know you look good, you won't feel intimidated when conversing with ANY woman.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 PM

461 posts, read 782,308 times
Darlin', don't be your own worst enemy. Life is hard enough, don't add to it with needless fears.

Women are people with their own insecurities and scope of issues, just like you. Relate to her as a fellow human being. Numb that fantasy world in your brain and get more common sense. She's standing behind you because it was the shortest line (common sense).

Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Waste no time worrying. Listen to Steve Jobs (RIP) speech he made to the students a few years back. That should help you. Should be on youtube.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Wink ah...testosterone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Hit the gym, muscle up and make out. Seriously, when you like what you see in the mirror, you will be more confident.

One of the great things about being a guy, is just by getting into shape, you can increase your appeal to many women, even if you are not born looking like Paul Newman. Look at Arnold.
Don't you just love it.
K

Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Hit the gym, muscle up and make out. Seriously, when you like what you see in the mirror, you will be more confident.

One of the great things about being a guy, is just by getting into shape, you can increase your appeal to many women, even if you are not born looking like Paul Newman. Look at Arnold.
This would be fine advice if the OP's question was about making women attracted to him. His problem is that he has a panic attack in the general vicinity of any cute girl. Pumping up isn't going to solve that. Behavioral therapy has been recommended before, but he won't take that step.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:39 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
You're intimidated by them because they make you feel this way. Stop thinking of every woman as a potential love interest. It's normal to feel the pressure when you're around an attractive member of the opposite sex, I'm not sure if it ever TOTALLY goes away.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
It's true.

Whenever a woman even stands close to me or talks to me casually, I get so scared.

I dunno, but I get the most scared and clam up, and pretty much flee as soon as I can when a woman shows attention to me.

Silly but telling example: when I was in line at Walmart a pretty woman got right behind me, and she was standing too close to me (although it wasn't very close). I got so nervous that I had to get out of line and leave my stuff sitting there on the belt until the guy in front of me had gotten out of there so I wouldn't be caught up there between him and the woman. I kind of got a feeling that she was attracted to me. Maybe she wasn't. That's not the point. The point is that my feeling that maybe she was attracted to me terrified me and made me want to run away.

What can I do ? This fear is preventing me from ever meeting or talking to women. And I'm tired of being alone.

This is easy. You sound like you have a fear of intimacy. Perhaps, you've been hurt alot in the past by some women and have built up alot of walls. It also sounds to me like you might feel like you don't deserve them, or are the type to feel unworthy or not good enough.

It's hard to understand when these types of dynamics are going on. Some can go many years acting this way without knowing the real problem. The fact that when they're interested you basically run..tells me that the problem definately lies with you.

There is nothing that any of us are going to say to change the way you are. I suggest you get a professional to start addressing these issues...

Good luck.

Smp

Old 10-06-2011, 08:52 AM

356 posts, read 829,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Dude, just relax. She poops like you poops. SIMPLY GET OVER IT. Okay? I can understand if every lady was pointing a gun at you, and I can understand being a little nervous because even women get nervous when they're next to a guy they think they are attractive. It's normal but damn dude, stop being what you want to get if you know what I mean (in other words, it rhymes with wussy). Not trying to personally attack you my friend but just imagine her taking a dump and you'll both be on the same level.
This is hilarious! If your really that worried about it OP, seek therapy. It sounds like your taking this way too hard on yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships