U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM

3,281 posts, read 2,549,868 times

Advertisements

It's true.

Whenever a woman even stands close to me or talks to me casually, I get so scared.

I dunno, but I get the most scared and clam up, and pretty much flee as soon as I can when a woman shows attention to me.

Silly but telling example: when I was in line at Walmart a pretty woman got right behind me, and she was standing too close to me (although it wasn't very close). I got so nervous that I had to get out of line and leave my stuff sitting there on the belt until the guy in front of me had gotten out of there so I wouldn't be caught up there between him and the woman. I kind of got a feeling that she was attracted to me. Maybe she wasn't. That's not the point. The point is that my feeling that maybe she was attracted to me terrified me and made me want to run away.

What can I do ? This fear is preventing me from ever meeting or talking to women. And I'm tired of being alone.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 06:12 PM

2,101 posts, read 3,110,205 times
Dude, just relax. She poops like you poops. SIMPLY GET OVER IT. Okay? I can understand if every lady was pointing a gun at you, and I can understand being a little nervous because even women get nervous when they're next to a guy they think they are attractive. It's normal but damn dude, stop being what you want to get if you know what I mean (in other words, it rhymes with wussy). Not trying to personally attack you my friend but just imagine her taking a dump and you'll both be on the same level.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM

6,791 posts, read 3,137,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Dude, just relax. She poops like you poops. SIMPLY GET OVER IT. Okay? I can understand if every lady was pointing a gun at you, and I can understand being a little nervous because even women get nervous when they're next to a guy they think they are attractive. It's normal but damn dude, stop being what you want to get if you know what I mean (in other words, it rhymes with wussy). Not trying to personally attack you my friend but just imagine her taking a dump and you'll both be on the same level.
This is possibly the most amusing advice I've ever read...
Maybe the issue is simply that he's overwhelmed w/ shyness??

Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM

324 posts, read 217,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Not trying to personally attack you my friend but just imagine her taking a dump and you'll both be on the same level.

Your experience in these situations sounds pretty overwhelming. Probably best to consult a professional.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM

8,422 posts, read 14,348,484 times
Lots of experience has taught me to confront whatever it is that scares me. I would advise you to do the same thing.

Start hanging out with women. Maybe it would be easier to hang with women you don't find particularly attractive. Hang out with them till they aren't even women to you, just people. Then move on to the more attractive females. One step at a time.

So where do you go to hang out with women? Sign up for a cooking class or something else that would appeal to women. And you might learn something too. Join Weight Watchers, you can lose 10 lbs and be in a room full of women.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 PM

8,825 posts, read 23,258,677 times
Hit the gym, muscle up and make out. Seriously, when you like what you see in the mirror, you will be more confident.

One of the great things about being a guy, is just by getting into shape, you can increase your appeal to many women, even if you are not born looking like Paul Newman. Look at Arnold.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:14 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,471,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Hit the gym, muscle up and make out. Seriously, when you like what you see in the mirror, you will be more confident.

One of the great things about being a guy, is just by getting into shape, you can increase your appeal to many women, even if you are not born looking like Paul Newman. Look at Arnold.
This^

Old 10-05-2011, 08:17 PM

12,130 posts, read 12,621,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
It's true.

Whenever a woman even stands close to me or talks to me casually, I get so scared.

I dunno, but I get the most scared and clam up, and pretty much flee as soon as I can when a woman shows attention to me.

Silly but telling example: when I was in line at Walmart a pretty woman got right behind me, and she was standing too close to me (although it wasn't very close). I got so nervous that I had to get out of line and leave my stuff sitting there on the belt until the guy in front of me had gotten out of there so I wouldn't be caught up there between him and the woman. I kind of got a feeling that she was attracted to me. Maybe she wasn't. That's not the point. The point is that my feeling that maybe she was attracted to me terrified me and made me want to run away.

What can I do ? This fear is preventing me from ever meeting or talking to women. And I'm tired of being alone.
Interesting.. you posted this thread tonight. I was reading the thread on bitter people today, several posts were yours. I wanted to reply but thought I'd go back later when I had more time. Do you think you may have social anxiety? The previous posts give good advice.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,579,412 times
little by little you can overcome your fear of women start small.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM

2,101 posts, read 3,110,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post

Your experience in these situations sounds pretty overwhelming. Probably best to consult a professional.
No, I'm good thanks. I probably have more experience with women than most on here. That's funny though

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Lots of experience has taught me to confront whatever it is that scares me. I would advise you to do the same thing.

Start hanging out with women. Maybe it would be easier to hang with women you don't find particularly attractive. Hang out with them till they aren't even women to you, just people. Then move on to the more attractive females. One step at a time.

So where do you go to hang out with women? Sign up for a cooking class or something else that would appeal to women. And you might learn something too. Join Weight Watchers, you can lose 10 lbs and be in a room full of women.

Yellow snow is on to something here. One of the best things to do in order to boost your confidence in women is simply to hang out with women. Get some advice, learn how women think, get some tips and it'll definitely make you feel more improved and confident around women. The more women you hangout with, the better sometimes. When other women see a guy hanging out with a few women it usually creates some sort of interest to other women about what you may be about and increases their curiosity of you.

Also, sorry if I was a little over-the-top but it's just how I am. I mean NO HARM to you Davros, it's the contrary in fact-I say things like that to motivate. I admit, I should be a little easy sometimes.

Anyway Davros, just hit the gym if you can (and if you're not in shape) and improve on your physical and overall health and it can definitely help a lot. Regardless, remember that women share the same fear and nervousness that men do. I used to know some rather beautiful women who used to get scared around the guys that were attracted to or had crushes on. So it happens to women to so don't think of it too much. Walk with your shoulders up, chest out, head up, and smile a lot around women. Women like a guy that smiles and that's welcoming (not in a creepy way though, remember that). Exude confidence and happiness within yourself and it can be contagious to women.

And last but not least, remember: The most beautiful lady that you may ever see takes a dump AND wipes her ass too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships