Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 05:09 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
several important things can be gathers from your post.
you like subway sandwiches.
you are on a budget
she is on a budget.
she is wondering why you keep coming back.
do you?
LOL... yeah, she's probably wondering if she's going to be assaulted on her way home from work some day. "OMG, what's WITH this guy?! If he stares at me any harder, he's going to burn a hole in my head!" (watching for her to sigh when dealing with any other customers )

Good grief, no wonder she's sighing, she's probably been holding her breath out of terror, creeped out because this guy stares at her like crazy and yet never bothers to strike up a conversation. How incredibly creepy. I mean, when someone is intently staring at you, repeatedly, the hair stands up on the back of your neck and your skin crawls. Maybe once the OP gets to the counter to order his sandwich, she's breathing a sigh of relief, knowing that he's going to be leaving the shop soon. She probably can't wait to get his sandwich made so he can leave.

BTW... as for that "class envy" remark...in my neck of the woods, when someone who thinks they're upper class, makes a comment like that, it's a sure sign that they HAVE no class. Therefore, it's a sure sign that there's simply nothing TO envy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 05:44 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,923,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
BTW... as for that "class envy" remark...in my neck of the woods, when someone who thinks they're upper class, makes a comment like that, it's a sure sign that they HAVE no class. Therefore, it's a sure sign that there's simply nothing TO envy.
Many of you guys are showing some sort of class envy, since everyone that has made a remark about me mentioning that I wouldn't date her for not being professional, didn't bother to ask me why. They simply assumed away thinking I'm 'uppity' or think I'm above the rest.

What if I was to tell you that the impression people get of me is the complete opposite?

Did it ever occurred to anyone here that there's a reason for why I'm not willing to date someone with no college degree, a reason that has nothing to do with how good she would be?

Did it ever occurred to anyone that I may be the son of a professional father and a non-college-degree mother, and witnessed how my 'professional father' would corner my mom on that account, going as far as calling her stupid and her having to shut up?

Of course not!

And neither had anyone here ever thought that I am trying to avoid being like my father and am removing all possible chances for those moments when I forget that promise I made to myself.

Nah, of course not.

Many of you went the 'he think he's better than her' route and started spewing all the class envy many of you have imbedded in your minds.

Why not just stick to the actual topic and not hang up on a little detail that, quite frankly, no one bothered to figure out why it was there to begin with!

For Pete's sake, we're talking about a Subway restaurant and this woman that sighs all the freaking time she sees me. And I don't stare at her, hardly look at her after I get my meal. Could care less, really; except, I don't understand the constant sighs.

But, the next time I go there, I'll ask her.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:53 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
There's a woman that works at my local Subways restaurant. I go there several times a week, always order the same thing; OK, I vary the type of cookies I get from time to time, but everything else is the same.

She is quite attractive, not that I'm thinking of actually going out with her since, well, she works at Subways. I'm sort of searching for someone to settle down with and I'm a professional and I want a professional spouse too, and working at Subways is not quite there.

Now, here's the issue:

Every time she attends me, she always sighs.

What the heck is that about?

I can understand if she sighs once a while, but every freaking time?

I'm not that bad looking, plenty of people have commented on how handsome I appear to them. People are always staring at me, which is no longer an issue (learn to live with it).

I never go to the Subways with a grumpy face, a scary face or with an attitude; I'm always nice, always order the same thing, always smile.

Why the sighs??????

If she doesn't want to make sandwiches for people, maybe working at Subways is not the best thing!

But she only sighs when she sees me! It's proven.

I go there when nobody is there and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm first to be served and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm last to be served and, you guessed it, she sighs!

And she only sighs when she sees me!!!

What the hell is going on????

I've search the internet for a possible solution, but there are like a million explanations. Maybe women here would be able to give me a much more accurate explanation, especially if you have the habit of sighing every time you see one particular person.

Why the sighs?!

BTW, I know I can just go up there and ask her, but that would be sort of rude, I think.

What is going on?

Thanks in advance.
See the red text above...you don't STARE at her? If the place is packed and you're the first OR last person served, she ONLY sighs when she waits on you. Again...you're not staring at her!?

Also, don't pass off your no class/high class attitude onto your father. You have your own choices in life to make. Clearly, you think you're better than someone with no college education or you would make such a big deal out of it. Hey, it's your prerogative and your choice. Personally, I couldn't care less who you choose for a mate, but you really come across as a stalkerish snob who thinks she owes you something...like perhaps a sigh-less sandwich?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,577 times
Quote:
Many of you guys are showing some sort of class envy, since everyone that has made a remark about me mentioning that I wouldn't date her for not being professional, didn't bother to ask me why. They simply assumed away thinking I'm 'uppity' or think I'm above the rest.

What if I was to tell you that the impression people get of me is the complete opposite?

Did it ever occurred to anyone here that there's a reason for why I'm not willing to date someone with no college degree, a reason that has nothing to do with how good she would be?

Did it ever occurred to anyone that I may be the son of a professional father and a non-college-degree mother, and witnessed how my 'professional father' would corner my mom on that account, going as far as calling her stupid and her having to shut up?

Of course not!

And neither had anyone here ever thought that I am trying to avoid being like my father and am removing all possible chances for those moments when I forget that promise I made to myself.

Nah, of course not.

Many of you went the 'he think he's better than her' route and started spewing all the class envy many of you have imbedded in your minds.

Why not just stick to the actual topic and not hang up on a little detail that, quite frankly, no one bothered to figure out why it was there to begin with!
Who cares what she does for a living? Crap, man. If you like her talk to her, if you don't then let it go. This is real simple stuff here. If she likes you she will make it immediately clear when you start talking to her. Obviously you like her or you wouldn't be so hung up on all this. Either accept the fact that she works at Subway or let that deter you and try to find someone else.

I can't believe some of you people on here sometimes, I have a hard time figuring out how you manage to get dressed and fed each morning without the fire department getting involved at some point to rescue you from a tree.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
See the red text above...you don't STARE at her? If the place is packed and you're the first OR last person served, she ONLY sighs when she waits on you. Again...you're not staring at her!?
No, not staring.

I look at the menu, look around, look at the food, then when she's going to take the order of someone, quickly look at her and neither have I seen nor heard her sigh. Then I quickly look away and become aloof again until someone takes my order.

But when its her that has to take my order, surprise, a sigh!

WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel
Also, don't pass off your no class/high class attitude onto your father. You have your own choices in life to make. Clearly, you think you're better than someone with no college education or you would make such a big deal out of it. Hey, it's your prerogative and your choice. Personally, I couldn't care less who you choose for a mate...
All studies I've read clearly show that people that were brought up in less than ideal homes tend to become just like their parents and you have to make a conscious effort to avoid falling in that trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel
but you really come across as a stalkerish snob who thinks she owes you something...like perhaps a sigh-less sandwich?
Well, it goes without saying that customers are to be treated well, regardless what the person thinks of them.

Sighing all the time in public, especially when you're suppose to be taking care of customers, is rude; plain and simple!

Even more so when its clearly directed at one customer, all the freaking time.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:05 PM

358 posts, read 470,650 times
Quote:
Perhaps, but I have to say the way you phrased it makes it easy to jump to that conclusion.

Quote:
For Pete's sake, we're talking about a Subway restaurant and this woman that sighs all the freaking time she sees me. And I don't stare at her, hardly look at her after I get my meal. Could care less, really; except, I don't understand the constant sighs.
I'm curious, why does it matter? Why do you need to understand the sighs?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,382 times
Wow. Creepy, arrogant, and ignorant. What a combo.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
Because I eat there several times a week.

I would have to go out of my way to visit another Subway every time I have the urge to eat one of their sandwiches. That's dumb when there's one so close to my office.

I thought it was probably something women would understand and rather than talking about this to someone that knows me, I thought since here we're all supposedly anonymous, I would get a more accurate possible answer.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:13 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,577 times
I am guessing that if you come across in real life like you do on here, that would cause a lot of people to sigh.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM

782 posts, read 1,108,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
Perhaps, but I have to say the way you phrased it makes it easy to jump to that conclusion.

Exactly..unless it was to report her for being, and this is the OP's word, rude. Not distracting, not discomforting, not (heaven forbid) flattering.. RUDE. Forget about the sighs and go to another Subway..they are everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships