Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I was trying to help you out the other night

She actually sounded like a good level headed person to boot.
Oh, so what's the status on that situation, btw? Did she ever post back or was she a 1-post troll 'o de day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb View Post
I agree it is superficial, but not always malicious. Sometimes women just really don't understand what it's like to be a man and to be really interested in a woman and have to go out on the line to initiate a relationship. Sometimes they think that making you a friend is actually kind. I realize it's not but lacking insight into men this is what we think, until we know better. There are a minority of women that do get ego strokes from having a puppy around, but these women are relatively rare and ultimately puppy's are high maintenance.

Oh, but we do...I have contacted men on dating sites.

Men have all of the power, because they ask the woman out, and decide who they want. Women can say no, but without the men asking, nothing happens.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanman76 View Post
I have no bitterness towards women, however, i am bitter when it comes to relationships.
It seems like the guys who want relationships are picking superficial women. The superficial playboys should pick those types.

Perhaps opposites do attract?

Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 PM

376 posts, read 665,410 times
i handle my bitterness through masturbation. it may sound like i'm trolling but masturbation has done wonders for me.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
i handle my bitterness through masturbation. it may sound like i'm trolling but masturbation has done wonders for me.
There's a fair chance many of these blokes are already familiar with that, lol.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
To me, becoming bitter is the most pointless of emotions. It shows a mindset that you are entitle to something, you haven't gotten it and you're pissed.

I had a girlfriend asked me... aren't you bitter? After one relationship failed in 3 years... Um, no? It happens.

Don't play around with the friend zone... if you want more, move on, unless you genuinely want to be friends with the girl.

You have to value yourself. You may be the person that is only compatible with 5% of the population, BUT all you have to do is find that one person. Attraction and compatibility is very complicated, and you can't take it personally. It just is.

I hope you find the girl who is right for you, and you live happily ever after.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Being 'friend-zoned' isn't the end, man. As long as you're close to her there's always a chance, as long as you don't become like a brother. What's wrong with having female friends you find attractive? What's more, they can introduce you to more of their friends etc. Gotta think outside the square.

Just act like it's gonna happen and things will start to fall into place.
(Bolded portion above) In theory...but that's only if they "care" enough about you to actually do so. Unfortunately, some of the ladies can be very unfairly socially-Darwinian in their estimation of your worth as a person, at least in their eyes (not that they would ever admit that to you, to your face though)

Been there, done that...

Old 10-08-2011, 01:30 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Yes, but what the hell? Does that mean that I have no right to date or something? Sheeeesh!

And I'm 24 in 19 minutes
If you are really going to medical school to become a doctor, then that will be enough to get you a decent girlfriend/wife by the time you get out of residency.

If you are really weird or creepy, then it might be a problem, but I don't see that from your posts.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:34 AM

happy birthday to the op anyways.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There's a fair chance many of these blokes are already familiar with that, lol.
lol. how can anybody get tired of themselves? i never understood that. loving somebody okay but sex. whatever to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships