U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 02:04 PM

1,741 posts, read 1,243,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
well why am I eating potato skins and enjoying my saturday afternoon as a single male?
Because you are also writing frustrated threads about your exxagerated social anxiety on this very same board, and how happy does that potatoe skin really make you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 PM
FBJ

32,732 posts, read 21,918,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is not my fault that a lot of women out there are messed up, a lot of these profiles will say 'Looking for a long term relationship, if you are looking for sex, don't even bother', usually those are the ones who are totally Ok with having sex the very first time you meet them.

I met a girl online once, she is still on my Facebook, we kissed the very first time we met and she told me that she did not think it was appropriate, one week later she texts me some pics of her boobs like out of the blue and she is like. Do you want to come to my place and **** me?, i dont even use this word when referring to sex because it sounds vulgar.

I don't know exactly how i am 'using these women, when 99.9% of the time, they are the ones that initiate sex.

I was listening to a radio show and they were talking about online dating, the statistics they presented perfectly reflect what I have experienced, 30% of women on online dating sites will sleep with you on the first date, 10% will sleep with you on the first date and are open to having unprotected sex. Scary statistic but dead on!
When a female says.."If you are looking for sex don't bother"

How does give a signal that she would probably be willing to have sex on the first date

Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 PM

1,833 posts, read 1,098,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When a female says.."If you are looking for sex don't bother"

How does give a signal that she would probably be willing to have sex on the first date

It's the anti-sl*t defense going up.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,551,361 times
women don't like to be regarded as sluts
so they try and get the defense up, that way when it happens they claim "this is something I never do"
the fact they even put that in their profiles shows you sex is on their minds

Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 PM
FBJ

32,732 posts, read 21,918,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
You just made ONLINE DATING more EXCITING

Old 10-08-2011, 06:48 PM

5,209 posts, read 2,778,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like most guys who use online dating will never get a date, even if they message 1000 different girls. If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.
Ha ha ha ha chicks are real shallow online man...think about it they cant even get out and mean a MAN in real life.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:09 PM

5,209 posts, read 2,778,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What world do you live in?! It's not even the world I live in.

Though I do need to comment, that I'm essentially VERY happy with my life, and you don't sound either grounded or happy with yours.
Oh shut up Mikala..stop acting like you are miss hot stuff. Go somewhere and BE ALONE already lol.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:53 PM

1,556 posts, read 2,489,004 times
I just dumped a girl I met online. We dated for two months. She was very smitten with me, I was not as enthusiastic about her physically but otherwise felt ok with her company. Eventually I couldnt keep it up anymore and admitted to her she wasn't it for me.

Her archetype is very much the aforementioned 'online chick' archetype. Damaged goods, vocationally ambivalent and/or financially bad off. They go on a LOT of one timer dates; mine admitted to me going on 20-25 one timers with men online, many of which were sexual one timers. I mean, desperate stuff. Don't get me wrong, she was a decent human being, not ill intending. But she had an unflattering smile (gap in teeth and slight coloring) and a slightly unflattering figure. Cute girl, when she didn't smile. She was very accomodating to me, very caring, a sweet girl indeed. But she wasn't top pickings and her presence online became obvious to me as I dated her through the weeks.

With this last short lasting relationship I am convinced that the preponderance of women online are simply of a shading (plus or minus one standard deviation..) of the archetype I just dumped. I don't mean to be cruel, I would never embellish to her these truths, but as other posters have said, the women we are all looking for have more than enough attention from competitive males in the real world (regardless of whether said woman has or hasn't time to date) not to need an online exposure. As such, looking for women online to meet the criteria I'm looking for in a woman, is quite literally mutually excluding. They are simply not online because they don't need to be. My reasons for being online is strictly because the military puts me in inhospitable places where a suitable dating pool is non existent. I had to drive 250 miles every weekend just to date this last non-starter.

So I concur, online dating is a damaged product. Yeah a statistical sampling finds genuine connection and kudos to those, but by and large it's a repository of consolation prizes. It is not a secret that if I lived in the city this girl I dumped resides, I would have never dated her, as I would have had a more competitive dating pool of women from which to pick from. It is what it is. But I'm done with online, the girls I find good enough aren't there...

Old 10-08-2011, 10:01 PM

24,693 posts, read 16,950,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
I just dumped a girl I met online. We dated for two months. She was very smitten with me, I was not as enthusiastic about her physically but otherwise felt ok with her company. Eventually I couldnt keep it up anymore and admitted to her she wasn't it for me.

Her archetype is very much the aforementioned 'online chick' archetype. Damaged goods, vocationally ambivalent and/or financially bad off. They go on a LOT of one timer dates; mine admitted to me going on 20-25 one timers with men online, many of which were sexual one timers. I mean, desperate stuff. Don't get me wrong, she was a decent human being, not ill intending. But she had an unflattering smile (gap in teeth and slight coloring) and a slightly unflattering figure. Cute girl, when she didn't smile. She was very accomodating to me, very caring, a sweet girl indeed. But she wasn't top pickings and her presence online became obvious to me as I dated her through the weeks.

With this last short lasting relationship I am convinced that the preponderance of women online are simply of a shading (plus or minus one standard deviation..) of the archetype I just dumped. I don't mean to be cruel, I would never embellish to her these truths, but as other posters have said, the women we are all looking for have more than enough attention from competitive males in the real world (regardless of whether said woman has or hasn't time to date) not to need an online exposure. As such, looking for women online to meet the criteria I'm looking for in a woman, is quite literally mutually excluding. They are simply not online because they don't need to be. My reasons for being online is strictly because the military puts me in inhospitable places where a suitable dating pool is non existent. I had to drive 250 miles every weekend just to date this last non-starter.

So I concur, online dating is a damaged product. Yeah a statistical sampling finds genuine connection and kudos to those, but by and large it's a repository of consolation prizes. It is not a secret that if I lived in the city this girl I dumped resides, I would have never dated her, as I would have had a more competitive dating pool of women from which to pick from. It is what it is. But I'm done with online, the girls I find good enough aren't there...

Is it any more respectable to be picked up for a horndog or a 'player' at some bar or club? Online dating just allows you to cast a wider net for any potential dating prospects. A fair percentage of girls you meet are like that, I know, but just as many do it for fun with the hope they'll be able to find someone perfect out of the countless possibilities. Only naivettes and the gullible are under the illusion that they can instantly identify their perfect match from an internet profile, so that's why the meeting up and dating with numerous suitors is a process of trial and error.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 AM

1,846 posts, read 1,388,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
Women can be extremely selective...... and extremely alone.

Solid guys who are honest, hard working, financially successful, intelligent, have lots of hobbies and interests (beyond hunting and fishing), like to dance, enjoy travel and good conversation, trustworthy, physically fit, reasonably decent looking, know how to cook, know how to drive a woman crazy (in a good way), and who are single and available, are in very short supply, and women who have dated for a while know this.

So it goes both ways.
Exactly..
However I will take it further...
It does not matter what a man looks like, what he does, what his hobbies are..for SOME woman if personalities clash? It is not going to happen, period...A man can have a great profile and everything going for him however if the personalities clash it makes very little difference..
Some women ARE aware of this...what it boils down to is different dtrokes for different folks..It can have very little to do with what one has to bring to the table compatibility cannot be faked period..UNLESS one is very shallow and would compramise their own personal beliefs..
Quote:
I don't claim to know everything but the vast majority of women on online dating sites are broken goods, overweight or undesirable. Like i said, if you are an attractive woman,with a good personality, mentally stable, it does not matter if you dont go to bars or work a lot, there will always be men trying to approach you.
Where you go wrong is by stating "Vast majority" The last time I looked you are but one man..and this means you do not have the right to speak for the ENTIRE MALE POPULATION.
WHAT ARE you thinking? If a woman is attractive, has a great personality and is mentally stable she will be approached in "Real life?" Umm, that's a given...However MAYBE SOME women do not like being approached outside of an ATM by some smug man that states..."Hey, I think you are gorgeous, here is my card I would love to take you to dinner sometime." Really?
Or at a restaurant when you are dining with friends and a guy approaches randomly...and states,," I could not help but notice you, what can I do to make you mine?"
RIDICULOUS...AS healthy women we want to be approached with respect as well as know something about that man...really who does this? You could not be more out of touch with reality!

I use online dating as a backup, when I have nothing going on, at least for me, it is an easy way to get sex or have a short term relationship with women I would not call long term relationship worthy.
YOU are whats hindering online dating further..It is your mentality that SOME women are afraid of..YOU should come with a warning label...YOU state it correctly when you stated why bother with online dating..you shouldn't..
You have gone on and on regarding women and how they are, what they lack, they are damaged goods...however some are honest and decent...can you say the same for yourself?

As far as the guys on these websites, you will find a lot of creeps-losers who have no game, or even know how to relate to women, these dudes probably ain't getting much out of the online dating experience, anyways
lmao! Sorry..you are a walking contradiction...you have the sheer audacity to state "creeps" and "losers" as if you do not fit the profile? This tells me your so out of touch with reality..I ask you to reference your last paragraph..that states..the following.."
I use online dating as a backup, when I have nothing going on, at least for me, it is an easy way to get sex or have a short term relationship with women I would not call long term relationship worthy. REALLY? HOW CREEPY IS THIS? Man reality check is in dire need..!

Having these people as 'competition' is an advantage because you can make a great impression on these women simply by 'acting normal'. I have taken many of these women to nice restaurants and mostly are shocked when I offer to pay, lol, some of these losers are taking women out and expecting them to pay the bill, or they start communication with something sexual right off the bad,how pathetic! No wonder they are not getting anything!
I see you are not careful and obviously comfortable in digging your own grave...or putting your foot in your mouth! lol..
THESE SO CALLED CREEPERS AND LOSERS are perhaps less COVERT in stating what they WANT or their TRUE selves...AND YOU have mastered the art of deceit...YOU ARE WORSE THAN THEY ARE...I love it...keep your truth coming...you DARE state that a vast majority of women on dating websites are so calle damaged goods? YOU ARE NO BETTER IF NOT WORSE...YOU openly stated that you use these sites for sex and short terms and nothing long term? wow...you are a loser and should come with a warning label...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
How is posting this view or opinion helpful? The only thing this does is to make women more apprehensive about ALL the guys on internet dating sites. I don't know too many decent women, or even trashy women, who relish the thought of having a man use them and then discard them. Do you?

Ladies, just so you are aware, not every guy using internet dating sites is a user-player-loser like "Repubocrat". There are decent guys using internet dating who are simply too busy to bother with the bar scene or who don't like the bar scene, or who are looking for that special someone who they would never otherwise meet (perhaps many miles away). And many of these guys are looking for a long-term relationship.

It sounds like you are, in reality, describing yourself. And thankfully, not every guy using internet dating sites is like you.

And just FYI, using women is not helpful for the rest of us, or even for yourself, as it helps to create a lot of bitter suspicious women out there. Is that your intention?
Thank you for stating this and I know this to be true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
No that's not it.

My point is that when I hear girls talk about guys they met last night at the club, or in class or whatever they almost ALWAYS talk about them in a negative manner, he was "creepy" or might have had this but he definatly lacked that, etc. like
"He had muscles, but he didn't dance well" or
"There was this guy who was hitting on me before that creepy guy came, but he was like 5'1, what did he expect, I mean really?...comon"
"he was kinda nice, but then I found out he was a technical physics guy, and I don't want a oversmart kind of guy..."

While when I talk about women with my male friends and they describe women they meat they are almost only talking positives. It's always
"she had this great body, you should have seen or on the dancefloor" or
"Man did she look smoking hot in that red little dress or what?"

Most guys I know of will take a woman they consider to be a 6 or above and start aiming for taking her home, while most girls I know will keep on their look-outs for something better regardless of who they're holding or be very concerned with what their friends think of the guy before they can make up their own mind...

On another note it takes most guys between 0.5-3 seconds to decide wether a woman is attractive enough to sleep with or not, while a woman can take all night on her and decide there must be better out there.

Women just doesn't seem to get pleased no matter what, as "there aren't any good men out there", so guys aren't good enough? How good are these women themselves really?

When I meet women I expect there to be flaws that I can live with, I'm don't expect finding a playboy model with a P.hD in astrophysics and a "anything to please the man"-mentality. while girls I know describe the kind of guy they want as "a george cloney, but younger" or "a bruce springsteen without a wife"
For me if she looks kinda cute and is sweet as a person I'm in to see where it goes, while women who meet men think "well what if he isn't a rockstar" or "What if there is something better somewhere out there?"

In a recent survey done here in sweden it turned out that a guys biggest fear when meeting women is striking out and walking home empty handed, while women fear that the guy might be a serialkiller or a rapist... paranoia or what?
While some of what you state is true for SOME women there are just that many that love nerds and average dudes because while the outside matters when it comes down to it? Some women are SMART..they can overlook the hard bod ect ect..in order to find a guy who is nice, knows how to treat a lasy and has the qualities that make her melt..

Quote:
It is not my fault that a lot of women out there are messed up, a lot of these profiles will say 'Looking for a long term relationship, if you are looking for sex, don't even bother', usually those are the ones who are totally Ok with having sex the very first time you meet them.
lol...Again it sounds as if you know how to pick them..and really? Coming from a man who admits to looking for sex or a short term relationship...MAN..I would die to be a fly on the wall to hear the cheap rhetoric you spew to these women in making them believe they are he only one...

I met a girl online once, she is still on my Facebook, we kissed the very first time we met and she told me that she did not think it was appropriate, one week later she texts me some pics of her boobs like out of the blue and she is like. Do you want to come to my place and **** me?, i dont even use this word when referring to sex because it sounds vulgar.

I don't know exactly how i am 'using these women, when 99.9% of the time, they are the ones that initiate sex.
Again Iwish I was a fly on the wall..I can bet money that you cam off as sweet as pie and were only interested in them..Got them to put their defenses down...there is no other way unless they are truly sluts

I was listening to a radio show and they were talking about online dating, the statistics they presented perfectly reflect what I have experienced, 30% of women on online dating sites will sleep with you on the first date, 10% will sleep with you on the first date and are open to having unprotected sex. Scary statistic but dead on!
what show and post up stats or it never happened...

Quote:
IMO, online dating is pointless. I'm not against it, but I don't see a point. I went on just to see what it was like. I had no problem getting attention from women, but most of them IMO have issues. If a woman is decent looking, smart, and not clinically insane; she shouldn't have a problem finding a date away from the computer. Unless she's just looking for attention or casual sex, which gets right back to my point on issues.
lol..so sad.

Quote:
lmao! What are you? Like 15...who sais that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships