Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Doesn't all women 0-7 act like they're 8-9 regardless?
What does that even MEAN? "Oh, girl, you went and did the hair flip... that's for 8's and above... who do you think you are?!!"

"What do you mean you won't go out with me?!!! You're only a 5, and I'm a 7 - you think you're an 8 or sumthin?!"

Do you know how you sound?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 12:46 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What does that even MEAN? "Oh, girl, you went and did the hair flip... that's for 8's and above... who do you think you are?!!"

"What do you mean you won't go out with me?!!! You're only a 5, and I'm a 7 - you think you're an 8 or sumthin?!"

Do you know how you sound?
I think he means that girls who are 0s to 7s are acting like they are 8s and 10s and skipping over guys who ARE in their league, looking for a guy who's way out of their league. And all the while, missing out on what they're looking for when they could find it right in front of them.

I think that's what they meant.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:00 AM

351 posts, read 537,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.
Women can be extremely selective...... and extremely alone.

Solid guys who are honest, hard working, financially successful, intelligent, have lots of hobbies and interests (beyond hunting and fishing), like to dance, enjoy travel and good conversation, trustworthy, physically fit, reasonably decent looking, know how to cook, know how to drive a woman crazy (in a good way), and who are single and available, are in very short supply, and women who have dated for a while know this.

So it goes both ways.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I think he means that girls who are 0s to 7s are acting like they are 8s and 10s and skipping over guys who ARE in their league, looking for a guy who's way out of their league. And all the while, missing out on what they're looking for when they could find it right in front of them.

I think that's what they meant.
Yeah, but who cares? How would I know if a guy didn't like me because he thought he was an 8 and I was a 6? Maybe he doesn't like brunettes. Maybe he likes girls with big boobs? Maybe he isn't EVEN looking for a girl right now. Maybe he has a GF. Maybe he's into guys. Maybe he's getting over a breakup. If a guy didn't want me, I would never consider he thinks he's better than me on a "scale."

If a guy isn't interested in me, it doesn't mean I'm undesirable, and it doesn't mean he has an inflated opinion of himself. It... just... is.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
Women can be extremely selective...... and extremely alone.

Solid guys who are honest, hard working, financially successful, intelligent, have lots of hobbies and interests (beyond hunting and fishing), like to dance, enjoy travel and good conversation, trustworthy, physically fit, reasonably decent looking, know how to cook, know how to drive a woman crazy (in a good way), and who are single and available, are in very short supply, and women who have dated for a while know this.

So it goes both ways.

I'm EXTREMELY selective. Not because I think I'm all that and a bag of chips.. but because I know what I like and what I don't. And what I like is like 3%. I was fine with that... if I ended up "alone" (ie: with my friends and hobbie, and family) than I was good with that. When I was on a dating site I only tried conversing with about 5% of the men who approached me, and from there they were weeded out. I'm not alone from that... what I found was a one in a million match. If I ended up alone, I was fine with that too. Some people would rather be alone, then with a bad match.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:13 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
I don't claim to know everything but the vast majority of women on online dating sites are broken goods, overweight or undesirable. Like i said, if you are an attractive woman,with a good personality, mentally stable, it does not matter if you dont go to bars or work a lot, there will always be men trying to approach you.

I use online dating as a backup, when I have nothing going on, at least for me, it is an easy way to get sex or have a short term relationship with women I would not call long term relationship worthy.

As far as the guys on these websites, you will find a lot of creeps-losers who have no game, or even know how to relate to women, these dudes probably ain't getting much out of the online dating experience, anyways

Having these people as 'competition' is an advantage because you can make a great impression on these women simply by 'acting normal'. I have taken many of these women to nice restaurants and mostly are shocked when I offer to pay, lol, some of these losers are taking women out and expecting them to pay the bill, or they start communication with something sexual right off the bad,how pathetic! No wonder they are not getting anything!

Old 10-08-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't claim to know everything but the vast majority of women on online dating sites are broken goods, overweight or undesirable. Like i said, if you are an attractive woman,with a good personality, mentally stable, it does not matter if you dont go to bars or work a lot, there will always be men trying to approach you.

I use online dating as a backup, when I have nothing going on, at least for me, it is an easy way to get sex or have a short term relationship with women I would not call long term relationship worthy.

As far as the guys on these websites, you will find a lot of creeps-losers who have no game, or even know how to relate to women, these dudes probably ain't getting much out of the online dating experience, anyways

Having these people as 'competition' is an advantage because you can make a great impression on these women simply by 'acting normal'. I have taken many of these women to nice restaurants and mostly are shocked when I offer to pay, lol, some of these losers are taking women out and expecting them to pay the bill, or they start communication with something sexual right off the bad,how pathetic! No wonder they are not getting anything!
What world do you live in?! It's not even the world I live in.

Though I do need to comment, that I'm essentially VERY happy with my life, and you don't sound either grounded or happy with yours.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:26 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Quote:

Slight off topic-on topic tangent here:

I'd like to hear from ANYONE over the age of 17 or so (Or who has had more than one relationship)

Who believes they are NOT Damaged goods!!!!

My Lady friend and I had a conversation tonight about both of us being a little... restrained, due to bad past experiences.

(We decided originally to keep each other company as I knew when I was moving, and then she is several months after that)

We are now discussing if we just want to leave it at that or move forward.
It (The discussion) has been somewhat reluctant on both our parts.. . (Due to damage, baggage, etc)

I pointed out to her, after she commented on hers, that I've BTDT also.

So has EVERYONE over the age of maturity who doesn't refuse to come out of momie's basement or whatever.

Now, some 'baggage' is too much... the Ex they can't shake or whatever, but to just 'label' it as I keep seeing... Pot, meet Kettle.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:31 AM

461 posts, read 782,308 times
Quote:

I pity you. You have no idea of the real world. There are sincere men on dating sites who are looking for relationships because they can pick up any woman in bars but bars aren't their thing and they want a quality woman so they go to a place where they can be selective and read what someone writes on their profile. It tells a lot and I'm guessing what you say gives off the creepy vibe that only attracts the desperate, low quality types. This is your experience and only yours. However, it is not the same for people who are seriously seeking a quality mate. That is not easily found. Hence, casting a wider net is a logical approach and is used with discrimination. Not desperation, discrimination because we would rather be alone then be with idiots.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 AM

351 posts, read 537,894 times
Quote:
How is posting this view or opinion helpful? The only thing this does is to make women more apprehensive about ALL the guys on internet dating sites. I don't know too many decent women, or even trashy women, who relish the thought of having a man use them and then discard them. Do you?

Ladies, just so you are aware, not every guy using internet dating sites is a user-player-loser like "Repubocrat". There are decent guys using internet dating who are simply too busy to bother with the bar scene or who don't like the bar scene, or who are looking for that special someone who they would never otherwise meet (perhaps many miles away). And many of these guys are looking for a long-term relationship.

Quote:
It sounds like you are, in reality, describing yourself. And thankfully, not every guy using internet dating sites is like you.

And just FYI, using women is not helpful for the rest of us, or even for yourself, as it helps to create a lot of bitter suspicious women out there. Is that your intention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships