Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 02:18 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,007,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1end View Post
Your insistence on telling me about being a man, in a thread called "why do guys even bother with online dating" is shocking.

I would never have the nerve to try and boss the frame in the same way with a discussion with women doing the same.

I'd be more inclined to listen and learn.
I'm telling you about what a man said to me the other night about this subject.

Whether or not you respect it, since it does come out of the fingers of a woman after all, is your choice.

Quote:
Great. A woman's relationship angle.

Doesn't relate to men's behaviour - at all.
What part of "I had this conversation with my male partner the other night" do you not understand?

He knew what he wanted in a partner, and went online to find it. As he said, "why would I try to fish for trout in the ocean when I know that they hang out in the river next door?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 02:23 PM

112 posts, read 66,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I'm telling you about what a man said to me the other night about this subject.

Whether or not you respect it, since it does come out of the fingers of a woman after all, is your choice.
Oh, well that means that I probably have far more experience of being a woman than you do. Because women tell me plenty.

Don't be daft.

Quote:
What part of "I had this conversation with my male partner the other night" do you not understand?

He knew what he wanted in a partner, and went online to find it. As he said, "why would I try to fish for trout in the ocean when I know that they hang out in the river next door?".
What part of "your conversation doesn't equal living it" don't you understand?

I have laid about 5 times the amount of women that the average man will in his entire lifetime.

How many "conversations" do you think I've had?

I still would never try to overrule a woman's experience, in such a context, based on that. The thought is laughable.

Have some humility, for goodness sake.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
What part of "your conversation doesn't equal living it" don't you understand?
Ok. One more time.

I spoke with my partner about this the other night. I asked for HIS input on it, and how HE felt. I am simply relaying HIS response.

Nope. Can't say that I've lived it. But I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that what I have relayed here, in terms of his feelings about it, is 100% accurate.

So, no, no matter how much you think that you can, you are not speaking for "all men".

Quote:

I have laid about 5 times the amount of women that the average man will in his entire lifetime.

How many "conversations" do you think I've had?

I still would never try to overrule a woman's experience based on that. The thought is laughable.

Have some humility, for goodness sake.
LOL at you speaking about humility.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Ok. One more time.

I spoke with my partner about this the other night. I asked for HIS input on it, and how HE felt. I am simply relaying HIS response.

Nope. Can't say that I've lived it. But I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that what I have relayed here, in terms of his feelings about it, is 100% accurate.

So, no, no matter how much you think that you can, you are not speaking for "all men".

LOL at you speaking about humility.
One more time, your "conversation" doesn't allow you to boss the frame among men. Understand?

That is completely arrogant on your part.

Stop telling me what it's like to be a man because you spoke to one. Learn some humility and respect.

You may even learn something

Old 01-20-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
One more time, your "conversation" doesn't allow you to boss the frame among men. Understand?

That is completely arrogant on your part.

Stop telling me what it's like to be a man because you spoke to one. Learn some humility, and respect.

You may even learn something
I'm honestly trying to figure out whether you're more ticked off that your theory about all men and OLD has been blown out of the water, or that it was women that did it.

Either way, it's amusing.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Eh, I have a friend that I've known for only a few months, and he does good in real life and dating type apps.
Same. I have friends that do well in real-life, and they use online as a supplement.

That would come under laziness. They use it for easy dates. They tell me as much

And they are actually aghast that I'm not using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I do agree with your last sentence as well. For me, I rely on dating apps/sites as more of a supplement, but it just so happens I usually do well with that as oppose to in real life.

In real life, it seems I never run into single women that I'm into. If I do, they're either in a relationship like I said, not looking to date now, or just plain aren't into me.
Okay, you are limiting yourself, drastically.

I don't have the energy to approach the beautiful women that I see in real-life. The abundance is crazy.

So many beautiful women.

You really can't see that?

What is your game? How are you meeting women?

Old 01-20-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I'm honestly trying to figure out whether you're more ticked off that your theory about all men and OLD has been blown out of the water, or that it was women that did it.

Either way, it's amusing.
Amusement isn't the value that you should be taking from this.

Show how deluded you are

You've blown nothing out of the water. You've merely shown that you had a conversation once, with a man.

Good for you, now run along lol.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Good for you, now run along lol.
I think I'll stick around, thanks.

Nothing like hearing a game player spout all about how "all men" think and feel to liven up my day.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I think I'll stick around, thanks.

Nothing like hearing a game player spout all about how "all men" think and feel to liven up my day.

Look, I'm really glad that you are amused and enjoying yourself. I exist for that

But, It might actually be good to speak to some men, in a thread about men

And your sort of stuff might be putting people off. Same with the other one. It simply turns some people off.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Look, I'm really glad that you are amused and enjoying yourself. I exist for that

But, It might actually be good to speak to some men, in a thread about men

And your sort of stuff might be putting people off. Same with the other one. It simply turns some people off.
"Why do guys even bother with online dating?"

Sure seems to me that those of us who have met our guys through OLD might have some insight into that. But, then again, I'm just a woman, what would I know about my own relationship and how my guy feels?

Oh, and thanks for the tip about "my sort of stuff". I'll take your words under advisement, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships