Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
I agree. Easier said than done though. Women don't go for the p word in my experience. I don't go for the m word without the p word in front of it, so I guess we're at an impasse. I can still have children into my 60s so I guess I win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Then it appears I will never get married then. No pre-nup, no marriage. I mean what does a woman have to lose, it's my stuff to begin with, isn't it?
There's an easy way to solve your prenup problem, as long as you're not in a common law marriage state. Tell her you'll get married in church but you won't sign the marriage license. Have separate contracts and insurance to handle the "what-ifs".

If she really loves you, she'll marry you regardless.

Last edited by Freedom123; 10-11-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 PM

351 posts, read 538,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
There's an easy way to solve your prenup problem, as long as you're not in a common law marriage state. Tell her you'll get married in church but you won't sign the marriage license. Have separate contracts and insurance to handle the "what-ifs".
No woman is ever going to agree to be married with every possible scenario covered in a rock solid way, e.g. a psychological test showing she was mentally competent at the time of signing the agreement, a bevy of witnesses who will attest to the fact that she was not coerced into signing the agreement in any way, a court conference to determine the validity of the agreement and approval of the Judge in the jurisdiction where the agreement is signed following a long line of probing questions asked by the Judge to protect the woman's interests, and on and on.

Incidentally, such an agreement would probably be 300-500 pages long and cost over $100,000 to draft.

Then, throughout the "marriage" the guy would have to be ever vigilant against false allegations of domestic violence and abuse, as such allegations tend to trump anything else (including a supposedly rock solid agreement). So now we are entering the realm of having to have video cameras everywhere along with an entourage of witnesses wherever the "happy couple" goes..

Gee, it all sounds like it's really worth it.

Quote:
If she really loves you, she'll marry you regardless.
Newsflash: In general, despite media propaganda to the contrary, guys are the hopeless romantics and women are the practical pragmatics. Therefore, it is far more likely that a guy will marry a woman with a bunch of conditions, than the other way around.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Then, throughout the "marriage" the guy would have to be ever vigilant against false allegations of domestic violence and abuse, as such allegations tend to trump anything else (including a supposedly rock solid agreement). So now we are entering the realm of having to have video cameras everywhere along with an entourage of witnesses wherever the "happy couple" goes..
Or he could a.) not be abusive and b.) marry a woman he loves and trusts and knows well enough who would never make false allegations against him. In your scenario the guy didn't marry the right woman.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 10-11-2011 at 04:17 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
No woman is ever going to agree to be married with every possible scenario covered in a rock solid way, e.g. a psychological test showing she was mentally competent at the time of signing the agreement, a bevy of witnesses who will attest to the fact that she was not coerced into signing the agreement in any way, a court conference to determine the validity of the agreement and approval of the Judge in the jurisdiction where the agreement is signed following a long line of probing questions asked by the Judge to protect the woman's interests, and on and on.

Incidentally, such an agreement would probably be 300-500 pages long and cost over $100,000 to draft.

Gee, it all sounds like it's really worth it.

Newsflash: In general, despite media propaganda to the contrary, guys are the hopeless romantics and women are the practical pragmatics. Therefore, it is far more likely that a guy will marry a woman with a bunch of conditions, than the other way around.
I'm aware of these possibilities and agree with much of what you're saying. I've dealt with divorced couples and divorce decrees in my primary business for the last 10 years. I have a lot of attorney friends and contacts, and they candidly share their stories. I know how serious the odds are for men and higher earning women, despite the naysayers and idealists who convince themselves that people don't ever do a 180 after starting out as a wonderful spouse.

To me, it's not worth the risk and I have no need or desire to be married, but many men who are reading this thread probably do. I'm simply giving an option for those who insist on being married despite those risks.

Last edited by Freedom123; 10-11-2011 at 04:44 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
I'm aware of these possibilities and agree with much of what you're saying. I've dealt with divorced couples and divorce decrees in my primarily business for the last 10 years. I have a lot of attorney friends and contacts, and they candidly share their stories. I know how serious the odds are for men and higher earning women, despite the naysayers and idealists who convince themselves that people don't ever do a 180 after starting out as a wonderful spouse.

To me, it's not worth the risk and I have no need or desire to be married, but many men who are reading this thread probably do. I'm simply giving an option for those who insist on being married despite those risks.
I may just come to you for advice on just about everything.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,509 times
well maybe just maybe they are looking for a woman that is interested in something else besides arm candy and a full wallet - i base my dating decisions on personality - i dont care what you look like or how much money you earn if your a snooze fest you can count me out - truth be known no one is a hottie at 80 so i would hope you have other things in common or you will spend a lot of time watching tv in silence

Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I may just come to you for advice on just about everything.
Well, thanks cdubs. I think what I say appeals to you because we think alike on a lot of topics, even Ron Paul. On relationships, I'm probably you 5 or 10 years from now.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 PM

351 posts, read 538,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or he could a.) not be abusive and
Are you aware that the ratio between alleged abuse and findings of abuse is roughly 1000:1? That's right. For every 1000 times a woman makes a formal claim (sworn statement) against a man for some form of domestic violence, in only 1 case (on the average) is there an actual finding of abuse supported by substantiating evidence.

And of course the natural question then becomes, what happened to all those women who made false allegations against their partner and who obtained Orders of Protection on false pretenses? Answer: NOTHING!!!!

So, in reality, who is abusing whom in this country?

W O M E N

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
b.) marry a woman he loves and trusts and knows well enough who would never make false allegations against him. In your scenario the guy didn't marry the right woman.
Are you familiar with the terms "narcissist", "psychopath", and "sociopath", and do you know what these terms mean from a psychological assessment perspective?

Do you think the multitude of women who went off with the likes of a Ted Bundy did so thinking they were going to be tortured and murdered?

While female psychopaths are not generally as physically violent as their male counterparts, they are ever bit as charming, deceitful, and manipulative, and are still quite capable of causing a lot of misery - emotional, financial, and sometimes physical.

So my point is, that no matter how careful a guy is in selecting his dating partner or spouse, there is no such thing as him truly knowing who that woman really is, or whether he is marrying "the right woman", until it is too late, of course. AFAIK, no guy sets out looking for a nut case.

Last edited by QuickStudy178; 10-11-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Every woman I have dated, has a "feel sorry" little story of being sexually abused or molested when they were young, which is a great way to get sympathy from someone who does not know them very well. My roommate told me her little story the very first time we met, a lot of idiots out there fall for these BS stories.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like most guys who use online dating will never get a date, even if they message 1000 different girls. If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.

Leave no rock unturned in the quest for a mate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships