Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
but let's be honest, most guys, especially guys of means don't really care about the earning potential of their potential s.o.
heck you see it all the time, millionaire/billionaire/thousandaire marries local high school sweetheart who was a waitress, stripper, struggling single mom, etc. you never here the inverse of that. local millionaire/billionaire/thousandaire woman marries high school dropout, handyman, or dishwasher.
I don't think you see a millionaire/billionaire marrying a stripper or a waitress very often at all, maybe with the exception of professional athletes and musicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think I'd be too worried about it either way, personally. It's a tough economy.
Tough economy or not, men get dumped for using coupons, not paying for a woman's dinner/wine/entertainment/etc., etc. There was another thread out there about men who dare themselves to use coupons and the majority of women in there saw it with negativity.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think you see a millionaire/billionaire marrying a stripper or a waitress very often at all, maybe with the exception of professional athletes and musicians.
Still, a man dating a woman from a "lower level" is common. Even women can admit that as long as a woman is attractive and fun to be with, a guy will take her out and take care of her. Men are easier to please. A woman dating a man with no job, who lives with his parents, no car, who uses coupons, etc.? Different story.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM

3,997 posts, read 5,012,780 times
Seriously? You think this is an equal comparison? I swear, after reading post after post, I have never seen so many bitter men. How sad that you still have to generalize all women into your tiny little perspective.

Think about this: have you ever met a rich guy who married down just b/c she's hot? Have you? If so, did you meet his mother? Do you seriously think that the rich guy's mom would be just fine with a stripper daughter in law? What would your mother say if you brought home a hot little hooker?

I believe, as with most of your posts in this thread, that you are talking out of your arse!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
And its my fault men think with the smaller of two heads?

Ok.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
And its my fault men think with the smaller of two heads?

Ok.
Sadly we live in a world where lots of men think with their other head and lots of women only get intersted in men who they can score freebies with and use as their personal ATM. Good thing is that there is hope from meeting a man who does not see a woman as a sex object or a woman who does not see a man as her personal ATM and daddy. A small minority but they exist.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:40 PM

3,997 posts, read 5,012,780 times
I suppose that because I have never thought so little of myself or the man I went out with that I would actually think of him as an ATM, that this concept is just not evident in my life. I don't have friends like this and the only woman I can think of who ever said she only wanted a man for the money, didn't actually mean it. I know this b/c of the actions taken in her life...if that's what she really wanted, she would've actively solicited this type of man.

Maybe some of the men posting here about how ALL women are, should take a deep breath and expand their circles to include the kind of people you truly like and maybe good people will cross your path. Women included. I admit, you have to filter through a lot of shallow nonsense, but it really is worth it. I don't really feel exclusionary, but rather time efficient b/c no one is wasting time.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Sadly we live in a world where lots of men think with their other head and lots of women only get intersted in men who they can score freebies with and use as their personal ATM. Good thing is that there is hope from meeting a man who does not see a woman as a sex object or a woman who does not see a man as her personal ATM and daddy. A small minority but they exist.
Actually the minority is your first description of men and women. More men think with their brains and more women don't think of men as personal ATMs.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:54 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
on the first date, would you look at him with the face or would you give him the

I'm not saying he's using one of these things at red lobster or the olive garden but a really nice 4 or 5 star restaurant.

would you consider him responsible and frugal or cheap and penny pinching?
I think it's responsible and frugal. To put it another way, if you were walking to the car after the date and a wet $50 bill was laying in the gutter, would you expect him to think less of you for picking it up?

Frankly, I wouldn't hesitate to use one on a date and any girl that objected or just chose not to date me because of that would IMO be doing me a huge favor.

I'm a little shocked by this thread given the state of the economy. I'm just going to stop there and shake my head.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
No, it's not the minority and, moreover, I question the choices in women the men who are always being taken make. Seems it's not so hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships