Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If she's that damn concern about him using a coupon then she's not worth the trouble. You say a guy is tacky for using a coupon I say she's petty for caring so much. NEXT!!!
Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's petty at all, to expect someone to give a very good first impression. Then again, there are women who probably wouldn't care at all if he busted out a coupon that said buy one meal and get the other free. So It's all good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Default I'm On A Roll Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I want a communicator..not a quitter because everything isn't exactly as he wants it.
Another personality aspect played out.
I want a woman that's not so hung up on whether a guy uses a coupon or not, regardless of what he makes. I guess you're the gold-digging woman I was referring to since you're so hung up over a guy using coupons/groupons. Thanks for showing your true colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If she's that damn concern about him using a coupon then she's not worth the trouble. You say a guy is tacky for using a coupon I say she's petty for caring so much. NEXT!!!
Amen! It's flabbergasting that women in this thread expect a guy to go all out for them on the first date, then have the audacity to get mad when he doesn't take her to some 5 star restaurant on the first date. If anything, he's smart because that's his weeding out process; seeing who's into him for him as a person or his pockets. Unless she's paying for the meal, she has no say in where they go especially since the guy is paying.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's petty at all, to expect someone to give a very good first impression.
What I wonder is why, at least in the west, it is only the men who have to impress women when it comes to dates.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:15 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,057 times
[quote=onihC;21257493]What I wonder is why, at least in the west, it is only the men who have to impress women when it comes to dates. /quote]

Unfortunately, it isn't just the west. It's even worse in a lot of other cultures.

I suggest using a groupon to weed out all the shallow women out there. There are good ones out there so it's not a bad way to identify them.

What I don't get is if a woman is so concerned about a man's finances, why doesn't she just ask about it straight up instead of assuming a man must be broke b/c he chooses to use a groupon.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
What I wonder is why, at least in the west, it is only the men who have to impress women when it comes to dates.

Don't act like women don't have to impress, cause they do. If I pick a women up or meet her somewhere and she looks like she just rolled out of a bed, it probably won't be a second date. So don't act as if women don't have to do their part, cause they do.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I just don't see the big deal about paying straight cash on a FIRST DATE!!! Guys stop worrying about what is fair, and worry about putting on a GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION!!!
She needs to impress me too, you know. And looking askance at the use of a Groupon = making a bad impression. I don't get it, how is the use of a Groupon a negative experience? It's still eating at the same place with same food with the same guy either way.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women accept to be taken out because they like something about the guy. It’s not like they get their arms twisted to go out with a guy. So the guy they like asks them out, they accept and then, the shocker, they see the guy is parking in front of a McDonald’s and whips out a coupon. Woman gets angry. Why? Didn’t you like the guy? I don’t see how this would have an effect on the conversation, getting to know him, etc. It’s not like he will take you to the altar the next day.

I’ve had girls take me out (first date and not) and we end up in a falafel stand or juice stand, a coffee shop, etc. Doesn’t matter to me. As much as it wouldn’t matter if they took me to a candle lit dinner. It’s just us spending time together, the rest is just an extra.
You seem to have me confused for someone with overly high standards. McD's and BK are like eating toxic waste to me. I don't care if it's a falafel stand or juice stand or coffee shop, but particular fast food places are gross to me and I don't think it would make a good first impression if he didn't ask if it was someplace I wanted to eat. Come to think of it, I've never had a guy just drive me to a restaurant without asking what types of foods I like or don't like.

If you want to make a good first impression, don't assume that everyone has the same food preferences. But that's getting off the topic of coupons, which I think are great in the first place.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Don't act like women don't have to impress, cause they do. If I pick a women up or meet her somewhere and she looks like she just rolled out of a bed, it probably won't be a second date. So don't act as if women don't have to do their part, cause they do.
We men have to look decent too for a first date and then pay for both on top of it, and get ridiculed if we dare to use gasp, a Groupon.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
I suggest using a groupon to weed out all the shallow women out there. There are good ones out there so it's not a bad way to identify them
Exactly. Watch the shallow women drop like flies when you break out that coupon/groupon.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
As if a man will get women jumping for joy if he went to pick her up in a dirty car, wearing pijamas, etc. Come on, looking presentable for a date is nothing new. Women pretty much just have to show up and let the man impress them by not using coupons, not living with his parents, having a car, having a job, having some education, etc. Is this bad? Not necessarily. Just different for me I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships