Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:18 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,249 times

Advertisements

Looks like someone needs to grow up. A 27 year old with the mind of 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 03:48 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,363,729 times
First of all, you are only 27, things might feel differently as you get older. Second, humans are not meant to be self-contained units. It is natural and instinctive to connect with others and share love. It seemd really odd that anyone would not want to go through life with another.

At some point, we all get older and want to share life through harder times. You may be a loner, which is a narcissistic indulgence, but I bet you are using this viewpoint to avoid risk becasue risk can bring pain and hurt.

You can really live, or you can just survive. But we all need the love of others.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,201,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
First of all, you are only 27, things might feel differently as you get older. Second, humans are not meant to be self-contained units. It is natural and instinctive to connect with others and share love. It seemd really odd that anyone would not want to go through life with another.

At some point, we all get older and want to share life through harder times. You may be a loner, which is a narcissistic indulgence, but I bet you are using this viewpoint to avoid risk becasue risk can bring pain and hurt.

You can really live, or you can just survive. But we all need the love of others.
In today's economy survival is hard enough thank you. And you feel that being a loner is narcissistic, most loners probably assume people don't want them around anyway.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
You may be a loner, which is a narcissistic indulgence

Being a loner doesn't make one a narcissist.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,116,414 times
Quote:
I bet you are using this viewpoint to avoid risk because risk can bring pain and hurt.
Because of the pain/hurt risk, he probably doesn't want to step out. Who can blame him?

Quote:
It seemd really odd that anyone would not want to go through life with another.
You don't need a man/woman in order to go through life. As long as you have a good support system involving good, close friends and family; that's all one should need.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,371,528 times
welcome everybody here posting on friday and saturday night feels just like you.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:49 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,562,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I'm 27 male, I don't want to have a GF or have kids or get married, I'm not the sensitive, emotional type of guy you will ever see in public holding hands, cuddling, etc... That's not my style. I'm heterosexual but I don't want to be in a relationship because that's not what I desire, actually, it will only waste my time and energy, being forced in a commitment I don't want to be, plus I save money by not being in a relationship and I don't have to worry about drama like breaking up, cheating, arguments, I don't need another person to make myself feel complete, I'm my own person, I feel confident enough about myself instead of seeking someone to rely on, I have freedom to do what I want when I want without being interrogated with questions asked by some GF, sex is also not important to me, I rather spend my time reading or doing something more productive with my time, I don't want to be a follower and procreate, I see no point of having kids, why would I want to be someone's personal slave? I won't put myself in that situation. Anyone else here who feels the same or similar?
I was feeling you until you got to the bold area!!! You don't want to bang out chicks anymore? Dude?? Cmon man its your God giving right to bang out as many chicks as possible. One day you will die dont waste your life. I understand relationships are not for men, but that doesn't mean you have to stop tagging & bagging em man.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,562,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You had me up until everything after the word "desire". Terms like "wasting time and energy", "drama", "freedom", "without being interrogated", "someone's personal slave" reveals a lot more about you than you may have intended. What happened in your past and who are you trying to convince that you're okay being on your own?
I agree with this line, dude seems to be laying his cards on the table. Sounds like he had some wicked witches on his resume. That can do a lot of damage to a man.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,710,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I'm 27 male, I don't want to have a GF or have kids or get married, I'm not the sensitive, emotional type of guy you will ever see in public holding hands, cuddling, etc... That's not my style. I'm heterosexual but I don't want to be in a relationship because that's not what I desire, actually, it will only waste my time and energy, being forced in a commitment I don't want to be, plus I save money by not being in a relationship and I don't have to worry about drama like breaking up, cheating, arguments, I don't need another person to make myself feel complete, I'm my own person, I feel confident enough about myself instead of seeking someone to rely on, I have freedom to do what I want when I want without being interrogated with questions asked by some GF, sex is also not important to me, I rather spend my time reading or doing something more productive with my time, I don't want to be a follower and procreate, I see no point of having kids, why would I want to be someone's personal slave? I won't put myself in that situation. Anyone else here who feels the same or similar?
I'm 23 and at this point I agree with you until we get to sex. I'm a virgin and want some. Most likely one-night stand variety.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:46 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,363,729 times
To WakaFloka~

actually, yes, it does!
a type of narcisissm is created when folks create a bubble around themselves, not allowing others in, and not giving of themselves, either.

Think about it more philosophically. His concerns are only about what he wants and feels, his own reality he creates that he does not want to involve with another.

Look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships