Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 12:41 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Virgins? No. Weirdos? Yes.

A 25 year old woman to a 40 year old man, is like a sports car to that man who needs some "adventure" and "excitement" in his life. Women are not sports cars. Men need to deal with this. Stick with the Buicks and women your own age.
What a crock of crap. It looks as tho a few posters here are stuck in the US mindset of marriage rules and regulations. You really need to expand your horizons to a more worldly view.
My wife is as intelligent or more so, than any older woman I've ever met. She's mindful of every penny we have and spend. She's as mature as any 30 to 40 year old woman out there and she's half my age. We're married 3 years this month and I'm confidant she's not gold digging or she would have wandered off a long time ago.
It just amazes me how people go around judging others. Probably half of you are living miserable single lives because your stuck on these so called rules of age between partners. All I know is that I am happily married to a wonderful young lady that has no hang ups on our age difference. I didn't set out looking for a trophy wife, but I was blessed with one. And not because she's young and gorgeous (which she is). Any spouse that can be trusted, respected, loved, giving, honest and caring is a trophy in this day and age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Women in their 30s may not be as physically supple, but they tend to be wiser, more financially stable, have clear career goals, and know exactly what they want in the bedroom.
Who cares?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:37 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
What a crock of crap. It looks as tho a few posters here are stuck in the US mindset of marriage rules and regulations. You really need to expand your horizons to a more worldly view.
My wife is as intelligent or more so, than any older woman I've ever met. She's mindful of every penny we have and spend. She's as mature as any 30 to 40 year old woman out there and she's half my age. We're married 3 years this month and I'm confidant she's not gold digging or she would have wandered off a long time ago.
It just amazes me how people go around judging others. Probably half of you are living miserable single lives because your stuck on these so called rules of age between partners. All I know is that I am happily married to a wonderful young lady that has no hang ups on our age difference. I didn't set out looking for a trophy wife, but I was blessed with one. And not because she's young and gorgeous (which she is). Any spouse that can be trusted, respected, loved, giving, honest and caring is a trophy in this day and age.
You're confident? Lol. Most women set out to marry a man who is financially well off because it equals security. Thus goes your "theory" out the window. If you were poor living in a trailer, i'm sure she wouldn't have had any interest in you. No offense.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Actually I was finacially poor, and living in nothing more than a 2 bedroom cabin when we met. We still live there. And to top it off, she comes from a country that holds a much higher standard of living than this country ever will.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,076 times
Quote:
Well said. The way some people think baffle me too. It just shows how narrowminded people are when they automatically assume that a younger woman with an older man must be a "gold-digger" and he a sugar-daddy or a security blanket. It doesn't have to be that way and neither person has to have issues. People have to mind their own business and stick to what they like instead of wasting time and energy criticizing others, it just makes them sound terribly bitter. If you don't like it...don't look.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:37 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,943,609 times
I'm 25, and no way would I be comfortable with anyone more than 3-4 years older than me. I just feel like we'd be in drastically different stages of life at 25/40 (and anyone who was still in my stage of life at 40 is someone I wouldn't want to be with!)

That being said, I think I'm probably an "old soul". I knew what I wanted very young. I was married at 22 (to my husband who was 23). I've never been a partier, always took the smart, safe path. I worked hard, made good money, advanced my career, etc. But I wanted someone with whom I can share all the "first" things in life with, together. I love that my husband and I went to Europe for the first time, together. That we rented our first apartment together. That we adopted our first dog together. Now we're buying our first house together. Eventually we'll have our first child together. I'd expect someone at 40 to have already done most all those things, and I'd feel cheated out of doing them with him.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Actually I was finacially poor, and living in nothing more than a 2 bedroom cabin when we met. We still live there. And to top it off, she comes from a country that holds a much higher standard of living than this country ever will.
...But you were (and are) also a nice guy, bright, adventurous and you didn't have the "I like to get laid by younger women because their asses are firmer, duh" attitude.

Obviously she sensed that...

Yet another thing some guys don't seem to realize. She realized you truly loved her and that you would have loved her if she were 10 years older. (And that you will love her when she's 10 years older.)

A woman who's being grabbed by some of these slobbering dogs who are throwing money and "experience" at them as the incentive KNOW that's not the case, so she has to be an idiot and shallow to follow up on it, or desperate. Luckily for these guys, shallow, desperate people do exist.

But a truly gorgeous woman, who just happens to be younger, and is smart and fun, and has quality...is not going to have her "ass grabbed" by any of those.

She's going to have her ass grabbed by you, for the next 40 years.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 PM

My wife has more problems with younger guys hitting on her than older. Even from those that know she is married. There truly are some pathetic pukes that give the rest of us a bad rap out there.

Actually I plan on living to be a hundred. So it'll more than the next 40 years for us!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Well said. The way some people think baffle me too. It just shows how narrowminded people are when they automatically assume that a younger woman with an older man must be a "gold-digger" and he a sugar-daddy or a security blanket. It doesn't have to be that way and neither person has to have issues. People have to mind their own business and stick to what they like instead of wasting time and energy criticizing others, it just makes them sound terribly bitter. If you don't like it...don't look.
This makes no sense. For one, this is a forum and the main purpose is to comment, express our opinions, and share with others. Second, you're stating yourself that most people do assume this so what I previously wrote must hold some validity. Am I wrong? Because I surely didn't mention anything about a "gold-digger" or "sugar daddy". People form opinions everyday. And if you don't think someone is looking at you and thinking something conflicting at all, you are completely oblivious to living in this day and age..or any age, time period, etc...at all.

Last edited by nj21; 10-17-2011 at 12:21 AM..

Old 10-17-2011, 12:30 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,195 times
once you are an adult age is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships