U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: USA
18,582 posts, read 13,704,790 times
Reputation: 12148

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
The OP made a big mistake. Women don't want a rich husband. We want a rich GENEROUS husband.
Whose gorgeous, looks like her favorite movie star and produces beautiful smart children.

Who doesn't want it all?

Personally, I'm looking for an ugly broke troll with a bad attitude to make me miserable

 
Old 10-15-2011, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,136,090 times
Reputation: 22092
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post



Hence I said part-time, not necessarily full. And there's no parent or other family member that could babysit occasionally?



I'm a musical theatre peformer. There are no "part time" shows. Also - for me to get a job right now - I would have to pay for a babysitter and be away from my baby for at least 5 or 6 hours which isn't really possible since I'm breastfeeding and this would be pretty painful for me. I don't know why I'm bothering explaining this to you. My husband understands and in fact prefers for me to be a stay at home mom. I am going to teach some voice lessons from time to time - my first one is scheduled for next week. We'll see how that goes.

I don't mean this in a condescending way - and I say this as someone who didn't "get" it either until a couple months ago - but until you have children - you have absolutely no idea what it is like to have them. You can plan your life ahead of time if you want to - you can say that your wife will always work, that you will only marry someone who makes good money, etc. - but life is like football - you play it on the field.

Do some women want to marry someone with money? Sure! Do they? Most times, probably not. I mean - honestly, if we all made our own lists of the PERFECT mate - it would probably have a lot of things on there that we aren't going to get and end up not being that important anyway. When I was a young girl - meaning like 10 or 11 - I made a list of the traits that I wanted my future husband to have. I don't know where it is anymore - but I had everything on that list, hair color, eye color, big hands, etc. Then I grew up and realized that you can reduce people to a list of traits. Would it be cool if my husband had millions of dollars? Sure! Would I love him any more than I do right now? Not possible!

Oh - and my family lives in California and I live in New York. My husband's family livese in Florida. So - no, no family members close by.
 
Old 10-15-2011, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,136,090 times
Reputation: 22092
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Whose gorgeous, looks like her favorite movie star and produces beautiful smart children.

Who doesn't want it all?

Personally, I'm looking for an ugly broke troll with a bad attitude to make me miserable
 
Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,083,248 times
Reputation: 1611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm a musical theatre peformer. There are no "part time" shows. Also - for me to get a job right now - I would have to pay for a babysitter and be away from my baby for at least 5 or 6 hours which isn't really possible since I'm breastfeeding and this would be pretty painful for me. I don't know why I'm bothering explaining this to you. My husband understands and in fact prefers for me to be a stay at home mom. I am going to teach some voice lessons from time to time - my first one is scheduled for next week. We'll see how that goes.

I don't mean this in a condescending way - and I say this as someone who didn't "get" it either until a couple months ago - but until you have children - you have absolutely no idea what it is like to have them. You can plan your life ahead of time if you want to - you can say that your wife will always work, that you will only marry someone who makes good money, etc. - but life is like football - you play it on the field.

Do some women want to marry someone with money? Sure! Do they? Most times, probably not. I mean - honestly, if we all made our own lists of the PERFECT mate - it would probably have a lot of things on there that we aren't going to get and end up not being that important anyway. When I was a young girl - meaning like 10 or 11 - I made a list of the traits that I wanted my future husband to have. I don't know where it is anymore - but I had everything on that list, hair color, eye color, big hands, etc. Then I grew up and realized that you can reduce people to a list of traits. Would it be cool if my husband had millions of dollars? Sure! Would I love him any more than I do right now? Not possible!

Oh - and my family lives in California and I live in New York. My husband's family livese in Florida. So - no, no family members close by.

Your job is not your typical job, but that's the path you took. This is why I prefer to marry someone that makes a similar income as I do.
 
Old 10-15-2011, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,136,090 times
Reputation: 22092
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Your job is not your typical job, but that's the path you took. This is why I prefer to marry someone that makes a similar income as I do.
Well, we all have our preferences - and sometimes they are trumped by things like love, compatibility, romance, etc. My husband said he'd never date an actress! And he doesn't regret his decision one bit! But good luck to you! I hope you find love - and hopefully she comes with a big paycheck, too!
 
Old 10-15-2011, 03:00 PM
 
Location: International Spacestation
5,207 posts, read 5,969,177 times
Reputation: 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVampireHunter View Post
Nothing new here. But be assured guys you don't earn more than a woman. She will want nothing to do with you.



What women really want: to marry a rich man - Telegraph
This is newer trend among todays women. It was not always like this. In the 2011 this concept is the fantasy many women seek. I have no problem with it, my only issue is MEN who believe other wise. The types of men who believe the things women say to them about money/ambition/money/security/money/being social.....I hate rich men who Marry. They are the biggest idiots in the world. Everyday we see in the new some rich sucker who "thinks" he found love and Im like....WHY MAN?? Rich Men have no game!
 
Old 10-15-2011, 03:09 PM
 
Location: International Spacestation
5,207 posts, read 5,969,177 times
Reputation: 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
The OP made a big mistake. Women don't want a rich husband. We want a rich GENEROUS husband.
There it is!
 
Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there...
3,653 posts, read 7,270,071 times
Reputation: 3677
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
And since you have nothing to contribute, you'll just throw out indirect insults instead.
Is that insulting, to suggest your opinions, would more than likely, put you in the singles category?
I don't think so.
 
Old 10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,077,568 times
Reputation: 11273
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Doesn't work that way anymore. Two incomes are needed, especially if there are children involved. If I do get married, she will be working with or without kids. I need an equal partner. If she wants to be taken care of, that's what her daddy is for.
Why are two incomes "needed"?
So that you can buy more plastic garbage?

I have several friends with kids in school and only one parent works.
It's all a matter of priorities and values.
 
Old 10-15-2011, 03:21 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,083,248 times
Reputation: 1611
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Is that insulting, to suggest your opinions, would more than likely, put you in the singles category?
I don't think so.

Yes it is. You purposely said that as an insult, it does not contribute to the topic, and you're attacking the speaker rather than the actual argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top