U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,079,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why are two incomes "needed"?
So that you can buy more plastic garbage?

I have several friends with kids in school and only one parent works.
It's all a matter of priorities and values.

Because the cost of living is higher than it used to be. And especially if you live in a big city like New York or LA, where rent alone is 1K+/month.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:24 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,956,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
HAHAHA @ science being gender bashing. Some people just can't take criticism. The numbers don't lie.

Women, for the most part, like to marry up, and they are doing so in higher numbers than in the past. You can either try to use personal anecdotes which aren't anywhere near the norm to try to correct the dissonance in your mind, or you can accept the science.

Who says that's a bad thing anyways? I don't have a problem with people having preferences, I have a problem with people denying that people have preferences, attempting to force others to live by thier preferences (especially when those preferences create and perpetuate inequalities in society) and lying about their own preferences, a phenomenon which is rampant on this board and in real life.
Damn it I want to give you 10 reps for this one, but it will only let me give you one!!! Hate the rep system here because you deserve 10+...especially the bold. Just tell the damn truth whats the penalty? I like a woman with a 1 pretty face. 2 small waist, big butt, 3. Full breast...not those empty bag breast, but you know those boobs that are full they don't have to be big. 4. I like a woman who knows how to behave/good personality. I have no problem telling a woman this and I dont even bother with the women that dont fit what I like. A woman has the same rights. If they all want Rich men? Then hey Get Rich & get women. My issue on this is never that women want money...my issue is the men who cry about it. If a woman is for sale...then by all means save your change and buy her man...but dont cry because you spent your money on other things and now dont have enough to buy a woman. It makes no sense to do that fellas.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,956,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Is that insulting, to suggest your opinions, would more than likely, put you in the singles category?
I don't think so.
You know what you were doing. What you said was a diss. Calling someone single on CD means they are UNWANTED by the opposite sex.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,692,861 times
Im just me. I honest to God have never sat around pining for a rich man. I just never really thought of it as practical thinking anyway. If you ask me what I have honestly wanted, it would be for someone who is kind of on the same level as me. Which is, has a stable career that he has been in for a while, have the job be decent and honorable (meaning, no being a leg breaker for the mob for 15 years) and make close to what I make. I dont find it wrong to ask for someone to bring the same thing I can bring to the table.

But, you know what? The BEST thing is someone who knows how to handle their money, and is financially responsible. THAT is the key. Because, a man(or woman) could be making $150,000 a year, but be living week to week because of poor money handling, and the guy making $70,000 is living in a nice house with some toys and a comfortable little nest of money in the bank, all because he is smart with his money.

Im telling you, being financially smart is KEY. All that money means nothing if you dont manage it well. How many of you know people that are making GOOD money, yet dont seem to have anything to show for it, or are constantly broke? Look at some millionares who are now broke. Or people who hit the lottery, and blew it all. Good money skills is key.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:47 PM

3,653 posts, read 7,254,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You know what you were doing. What you said was a diss. Calling someone single on CD means they are UNWANTED by the opposite sex.
Well????

Old 10-15-2011, 03:57 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,235,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
But, you know what? The BEST thing is someone who knows how to handle their money, and is financially responsible. THAT is the key. Because, a man(or woman) could be making $150,000 a year, but be living week to week because of poor money handling, and the guy making $70,000 is living in a nice house with some toys and a comfortable little nest of money in the bank, all because he is smart with his money.

Im telling you, being financially smart is KEY. All that money means nothing if you dont manage it well. How many of you know people that are making GOOD money, yet dont seem to have anything to show for it, or are constantly broke? Look at some millionares who are now broke. Or people who hit the lottery, and blew it all. Good money skills is key.
Good post

Also i liked the post about a rich, GENEROUS man lol...

Some guys who DO have money hold on to every penny, and you might no even know that til after you marry them!

If you are interested in the character of a guy - the amount of money he has isnt always a way to tell. If he worked hard for it (in ANY type of legal job) that's great. But that also may mean he's a workaholic and a super-driven person - hard to live with?

If a guy is working a job he likes - or even halfway likes - but doesnt make much money, he could be great to live with. One of the greatest guys i know got his GED later in life, worked two jobs - one pumping gas (he loved it - loved the interaction with the people - NJ we dont pump our own), and was a maintenance person in a homeless shelter, where he loved helping them keep the place going for all of those who really needed it.

I'd like to know that someone has SOME ambition to work, but i dont need someone who wants to work 60-70 hours a week either.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,202,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
This is newer trend among todays women. It was not always like this. In the 2011 this concept is the fantasy many women seek. I have no problem with it, my only issue is MEN who believe other wise. The types of men who believe the things women say to them about money/ambition/money/security/money/being social.....I hate rich men who Marry. They are the biggest idiots in the world. Everyday we see in the new some rich sucker who "thinks" he found love and Im like....WHY MAN?? Rich Men have no game!
Agreed. I've always said if I ever became rich, I would NEVER get married. I'd have a girlfriend, but we couldn't live together. I'm not going to let some hussy take half my money.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:01 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,935,235 times
And it's a wrap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships