Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:58 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,065 times

Advertisements

Let's say the guy was making $150K plus a bonus. However, he worked so much that he never goes out and doesn't really have any close friends but maybe just a lot of buddies he networks around with. In other words ... the "rich loner". Could he still find an attractive golddigger woman or would it be just as hard as an average joe? How much money would he need to be making?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 10:15 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Let's say the guy was making $150K plus a bonus. However, he worked so much that he never goes out and doesn't really have any close friends but maybe just a lot of buddies he networks around with. In other words ... the "rich loner". Could he still find an attractive golddigger woman or would it be just as hard as an average joe? How much money would he need to be making?
Yea. It helps.

All of the doctors I know (all of whom are making 110K+) are either married or have a number of prospects. One in particular that I know would probably be struggling if he didn't make 200K+.

But you have to make enough to support 2 people for it to REALLY help you. Women are attracted to the idea that they won't have to work if they don't want to.

With that going for you, a semi-unattractive guy who makes 125K could probably be as good as an average looking guy who makes 80K in some women's eyes. For instance, it might move a guy whom a woman considered a 5 into a 7, but it won't turn you from a virgin to Don Juan by any means.

On the flipside, if you don't make a lot, it will be a turn off to some women.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,598 times
You'll get some hottie if you're rich, but don't expect any of those hotties to offer anything else.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,118,969 times
Quote:
Does a man have a shot at getting an attractive woman if he's just rich?
Yes! But the type of woman he attracts will be after his bank-account before anything else.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yea. It helps.

All of the doctors I know (all of whom are making 110K+) are either married or have a number of prospects. One in particular that I know would probably be struggling if he didn't make 200K+.

But you have to make enough to support 2 people for it to REALLY help you. Women are attracted to the idea that they won't have to work if they don't want to.

With that going for you, a semi-unattractive guy who makes 125K could probably be as good as an average looking guy who makes 80K in some women's eyes.

On the flipside, if you don't make a lot, it will be a turn off to some women.
My thoughts exactly. I'm shy and reserved but have other things going for me like a good heart and good job. I can be funny too. I'm just wondering if an attractive woman would actually end up dating a guy like that who happens to be rich. I know most women care about social proof but maybe there is a small group of attractive women out there who don't care about all of that B.S. and simply just wants to be the golddigger wife for a rich man.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM

And would the wife actually have sex with him?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I'm shy and reserved but have other things going for me like a good heart and good job. I can be funny too. I'm just wondering if an attractive woman would actually end up dating a guy like that who happens to be rich. I know most women care about social proof but maybe there is a small group of attractive women out there who don't care about all of that B.S. and simply just wants to be the golddigger wife for a rich man.
If a man "advertises" himself based on the level of wealth (and if he has enough wealth) he can and will find a (certain type of) woman willing to spend it for him. However, if a man is seeking to attract a woman solely based on his money than he should not expect "true" love, loyalty, fidelity or anything beyond "obligatory" sex (after she gains access to the money, of course).

Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times
Quote:
Is this coming from an ADULT male because there are already a lot of threads about this.

Yes, a RICH man can attract an attractive woman, mostly a golddigger.
No, a guy doesn't have to BE RICH to land a date.

There are women who want the PERSONALITY to go with the man whether he's rich or not.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Is this coming from an ADULT male because there are already a lot of threads about this.

Yes, a RICH man can attract an attractive woman, mostly a golddigger.
No, a guy doesn't have to BE RICH to land a date.

There are women who want the PERSONALITY to go with the man whether he's rich or not.
Of course. Let's forget about personality in this thread. We all already know that. I just know enough to know that I don't have the swagger and social skills most attractive women look for. What am I asking about is whether there are attractive women out there who will go for a guy just based on his money alone and still treat him with respect (aside from the fact she's using his money)? How realistic is this really? I want to hear from more women about this.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:39 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
The OP says he is looking for an attractive woman...looks like you will get exactly what you are looking for..an attractive woman and if that is all you want, I am sure you can get that. I suspect you are not looking for anything else since it seems you only looking for a hottie...does she have to be smart, does she need to be working....does she need to be mother material? Maybe all of that is not necessary but I'd question it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships