Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times

Advertisements

Bah, another dig at feminists from the simple and uneducated

Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM

36,514 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm sorry he treated a woman like equal. Of course women only wanted to be treated "equal" from 9-5, but still be "women" with special treatment any other time. I think it's trying to get both halves of the sandwich and with two sexes on this earth that does not work well.
Quote:
It is saying women want to be independent when it is convenient for them but still want to rely on men a lot.
As someone stated, some of you guys dont have any understanding of what the civil rights movement and feminism was about.

People can have equal civil and legal rights and have different unique characteristices and roles in society and relationships. I dont see how that is so difficult to comprehend. Women dont want to be men, they dont want to stop being women. They just want to be individuals with an equal ability, under the law and societies acceptance, to be independant to support and protect themselves and their familiy.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:16 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This is probably tongue-in-cheek, but it looks more like a dig at the idea of equality than anything else. I don't think the video showed 'equality' at all, just someone being inconsiderate. If the roles had been switched I don't think most people would be cool with a guy being treated like that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
she would have been better off going alone...maybe she would have met a good man that knows better how to treat a women....sure it's tongue and cheek....but i can see that jerk staying single for a long time,,,,and then crying the blues and wondering why.

What you ladies (I assume) Are missing is that THAT's HOW guys are treated.

Now, I'm one of those guys who likes to spoil my women, so I don't really mind (Although last night when we went to a museum, Steak, and later for desert I would of liked if she had TRIED to pay 1x (Wouldn't of let her)

But I can look at that, and other than the absurdity to make a point and the car bit... I can pick out "Yep that happened to me" and "Yep, that happened to me" and "Yep, if it were reversed that's how it would be" Etc.

Point being... That's HOW IT IS (In summation)

I thought the video was great and will be passing it on.

And yes, in 'reversed real life' the girl would of been calling the next day!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
If we truly had equality in the USA when it came to dating then using coupons, not having a car, living with the parents, not having degrees, not having money, etc. would now be totally acceptable since the same things would be expected from women.

I understand why women wouldn’t want equality in dating. Why give away all those privileges?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
Quote:
That is not the issue. Heck last week I was in Virginia, and my car was at home in Louisville and relied on friends anytime I needed to get around. The issue I saw is that women EXPECT you to do that for them on the basis of that they are women and no other reason.
Speaking for all women now, are we?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Speaking for all women now, are we?
Wouldn't we say the same when women start threads saying how all men don't have feelings, men are like dumb kids, men are dogs, etc.?

Quote:
I'm sorry he treated a woman like equal. Of course women only wanted to be treated "equal" from 9-5, but still be "women" with special treatment any other time. I think it's trying to get both halves of the sandwich and with two sexes on this earth that does not work well.
Women say they are equal (from 9 to 5 of course) but that when it comes to dating "it's different".

Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,228 times
Along with equal rights comes responsibilities. There's no such thing as wanting equality in one place and wanting tradition at other times. You can't go back and forth as you wish. It's either true equality or no equality.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Wouldn't we say the same when women start threads saying how all men don't have feelings, men are like dumb kids, men are dogs, etc.?
Yes and then we have the hypocrites coming in to complain, how dare you stereotype all men! Yet they have no problems making generalizations about all women.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Yes and then we have the hypocrites coming in to complain, how dare you stereotype all men! Yet they have no problems making generalizations about all women.
I don't think that the "why do all men" threads are nearly as angry and vitriolic and exaggerated as the "why do all women" threads.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think that the "why do all men" threads are nearly as angry and vitriolic and exaggerated as the "why do all women" threads.
I don't think there are as many "why women" compared to all the ones women come up with. At least those threads remain opene. Have a woman complain about something and look at people's responses. Have a man complain about the very same thing and see how people respond to him. See what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships