Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
I am a man and I think dating is difficult for guys at or under 5'7 5 12.50%
I am a man and I think dating is NOT difficult for guys at or under 5'7 1 2.50%
I am a woman and I think dating is difficult for guys at or under 5'7 7 17.50%
I am a woman and I think dating is NOT difficult for guys at or under 5'7 4 10.00%
I am a man and I think dating is difficult for women who are overweight (not obese) 5 12.50%
I am a man and I think dating is NOT difficult for women who are overweight (not obese) 4 10.00%
I am a woman and I think dating is difficult for women who are overweight (not obese) 8 20.00%
I am a woman and I think dating is NOT difficult for women who are overweight (not obese) 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:19 PM

7,826 posts, read 11,725,301 times

Advertisements

YES! Just because this form needs ANOTHER height/weight thread Let's keep this to a simple poll and no long arguments...yeah right!

Definition of "difficult":

By "difficult" I mean a person needs to put in significantly extra effort than someone who does not have this impediment. It also means that by putting in an average amount of effort desired results will not be obtained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,610,939 times
simple poll? no.

i agree with multiple answers:

I am a man and I think dating is difficult for guys at or under 5'7
I am a man and I think dating is NOT difficult for guys at or under 5'7
I am a man and I think dating is difficult for women who are overweight (not obese)
I am a man and I think dating is NOT difficult for women who are overweight (not obese)

there are short men for whom dating is difficult, and there are short men for whom dating is not difficult. Same for fat women.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,623,907 times
Good, as long as you keep away from the Investing board, I'm happy LMAO

Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,956,761 times
It's all in the mind. I know men 5'4 to 5'8 who never have problems getting dates. All but two men I've ever dated were 5'6 to 5'8. It's all in the mind and the way you carry yourself. If you think your height will hold you back, you will not disappoint yourself. Thoughts are made manifest so choose them wisely. Or, rather, control them.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,131,911 times
I am a man and since I am 6'1' I haven't the slightest idea of how hard it is or isn't for a man 5'5 or shorter..I will say though, that I prefer my women at least 5'5 or taller. You can call me shallow, but when a girl is too short, it seems to me they have no where to grow but out...You get me..

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-21-2011 at 02:20 PM..

Old 10-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I am a man and since I am 6'1' I haven't the slightest idea of how hard it is or isn't for a man 5'7 or shorter..I will say though, that I prefer my women at least 5'6 or taller. You can shallow, but when a girl is too short, it seems to me they have no where to grow but out...You get me..
Oh yeah. Gotcha. I've never seen an over weight woman of 5'7 or above.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,131,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Oh yeah. Gotcha. I've never seen an over weight woman of 5'7 or above.

Actually I changed it to 5'5, because 5'7 is a little tall for a women. I know what your saying. There are big girls in all heights. But (and I'm being brutally honest) it seems that when I see short girls (really short) they seem to get big when they age. I'm sorry and don't mean to offend, but that's been my experience. That is not to say that there aren't many exceptions. But if your taller, there is more room for the weight to go..And I don't really think that I'm shallow for having preferrences. We all have them. I'm just being honest.. I like taller girls. That's just me..I love long legs on a women...I am an arse-leg man.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,605,755 times
Weight gain is alot more evident on a shorter girl.I know my daughter is only 5ft and just a 10lb weight gain on her makes her look heavier then 20lbs on me 5'5!!The only good thing about weight issues is one can lose lbs but you can't grow!!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:26 PM

30,564 posts, read 21,723,712 times
Not a simple poll. Two independant topics with the ability to choose one choice.

Being 6' I can't answer the height question. Have no problem dating a woman with some extra weight as long as she has other things going on: Cute, proportional and good attitude are important to me.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Actually I changed it to 5'5, because 5'7 is a little tall for a women. I know what your saying. There are big girls in all heights. But (and I'm being brutally honest) it seems that when I see short girls (really short) they seem to get big when they age. I'm sorry and don't mean to offend, but that's been my experience. That is not to say that there aren't many exceptions. But if your taller, there is more room for the weight to go..And I don't really think that I'm shallow for having preferrences. We all have them. I'm just being honest.. I like taller girls. That's just me..I love long legs on a women...I am an arse-leg man.
Well when you put it that way.... But some of us shorties work hard to stay in shape. And that makes it easier for some guys who like us shorties to maneuver us over bigger women in certain extra carricular activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships