Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
It's just not as threatening because, as a guy, I don't view women as my competition. I wouldn't have a problem having a bisexual gf/wife as long as she wasn't messing around with other guys.
A common enough view, and understandable enough.

In contrast alot of women are threatened by other men. If a guy has a need to be penetrated by another man, the woman would have to get out the *****, or use her fingers, if that counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 09:50 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
It has happened when I’ve travelled to a country where society is homogenous or whoever you say it. For example, countries in Africa, Asia, etc. where someone can stand out for having different physical features. I was in Cancun, Mexico, with a Japanese girl and these 2 guys were checking her out. Not in a vulgar way necessarily. I slowly pulled her closer to me from her lower back towards me and gave these guys a cool “hhmm mmhh” kind of smile and they just nodded in approval. Did it make me uncomfortable? Well, if they continued staring at her, probably. But it was nothing big. The guys were friendly. On our way back from the island to mainland we even had a brief conversation and they politely told me they thought my girl was cute and thought it was cool I spoke some Spanish to them.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
My girlfriend and I always point it out.

If we interact with a sexy, my-type sales lady, after we leave my girlfriend will jokingly say "You so liked her!" and I will say "Yea, she was pretty cute". When we interact a sexy man or pass by Holister with all the shirtless male models outside, I will say "Damn, that guy had some nice abs" and she will say "Ohhhh I know".

It's all fun and games.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Do you get upset when your spouse/GF/BF looks at somone else of the oppersite sex? Would you be more worried if they were checking out someone of the same sex?

What about someone else checking them out does it upset you seeing someone else lust after them?
I'll just answer this by being the one who looks. If I were with my man I would not be checking out other men. I'm on my own enough to where I can control myself and do it then if I feel I must. When I'm with him, I want him to feel like he's all I see, because it's true.

ETA; In fact, last time we were together he said to me, I noticed you don't check out other guys... It never even occurred to me til he said something. It really is true, when I'm with him, I don't need to check out others.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:22 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I have no problem with women checking out my guy. Everyone needs positive affirmation.

While I have no doubt my SO checks out other women, but never so I notice it. If I see a totally hot woman I'll point her out. I'm sure my SO even has lust for some of the women he sees, and that's fine... that's just looks. He's always been a "total package" type of guy, looks is only one part.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Do you get upset when your spouse/GF/BF looks at somone else of the oppersite sex? Would you be more worried if they were checking out someone of the same sex?
I get mildly upset when she checks out men. But I can't get that upset because I check out women. I'd be worried if she checked out a woman, because she is definitely not that type.

Quote:
What about someone else checking them out does it upset you seeing someone else lust after them?
A younger me used to care. Me now? I'd only worry is men didn't check her out.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM

406 posts, read 770,840 times
Quote:
I don't think it's all that appropriate for one's spouse/gf/bf to check out members of the opposite sex; mainly because it will usually make one's mate feel inadequate no matter how confident or successful they may be. I realize that everyone has eyes and that you can't prevent anyone from looking, but if my gf (fortunately, I'm currently single) broke her neck trying to check out some other guy that she clearly found highly attractive, I'd consider ending the relationship. Why? Because I've been around long enough to know that usually indicates that she'd cheat on me, or at least entertain the other guy's advances, if I weren't there (I don't trust women because I've hooked up with a lot of women in relationships and know how many of them are if they don't think they'll get caught).

In terms of my gf checking out someone of the same sex out, I'd be perfectly fine with it because I believe that most women are bisexual by nature and that finding a truly straight woman is rare. Also, women like to observe other women for reasons that have nothing to do with physical attraction.

As for someone else checking out my spouse/gf, I'd be perfectly fine with it because it proves I have something they want, but won't get (hopefully.. lol), and that I did a good job of selecting a mate.

who are the women you are hanging with and/or meeting? I'm a woman. There is absolutely nothing bi anywhere within me. I know many, many women .... most, if not all, feel the same way.

Are there gay women in the world? obviously.
Are there bi women in the world? obviously.

but to say that most women are bisexual by nature is completely untrue..... maybe in your circle of friends, but not overall.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 PM

406 posts, read 770,840 times
Quote:
I don't think it's all that appropriate for one's spouse/gf/bf to check out members of the opposite sex; mainly because it will usually make one's mate feel inadequate no matter how confident or successful they may be. I realize that everyone has eyes and that you can't prevent anyone from looking, but if my gf (fortunately, I'm currently single) broke her neck trying to check out some other guy that she clearly found highly attractive, I'd consider ending the relationship. Why? Because I've been around long enough to know that usually indicates that she'd cheat on me, or at least entertain the other guy's advances, if I weren't there (I don't trust women because I've hooked up with a lot of women in relationships and know how many of them are if they don't think they'll get caught).

In terms of my gf checking out someone of the same sex out, I'd be perfectly fine with it because I believe that most women are bisexual by nature and that finding a truly straight woman is rare. Also, women like to observe other women for reasons that have nothing to do with physical attraction.

As for someone else checking out my spouse/gf, I'd be perfectly fine with it because it proves I have something they want, but won't get (hopefully.. lol), and that I did a good job of selecting a mate.

perhaps in men's fantasies .... not in reality

Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
It's just so hard to not look at a beautiful booty walking buy. She knows it too, and she'll stare at me, waiting for me to break eye contact to follow those voluptuous booties. then she playfully smacks me, and looks too. it is sexy

Old 10-20-2011, 10:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
I don't care either way. Some people aren't possessive like that. I understand that it's arrogant, impossible, and just plain dumb to think like that. Who am I to control someone's natural impulses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships