Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,228 times

Advertisements

Neither of you are innocent. Yes, he way overreacted. No one is disagreeing with that. But, you flaked out 3 hours before the date. You may not think that's last minute, but 3 hours isn't exactly a whole lot of time. If that were me, I would have just moved on. No argument, blow up, or going apesh*t. Just move on. Flakiness to me is a dealbreaker, regardless of the reason. There's many fish in the sea.

The guy overreacted and is a tool himself. I'm not disagreeing with that, nor is anyone else. But you are just as guilty for flaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
This is how I see it too. You ended up playing the 'who can be ruder game'. Not good.

A simple: 'A family emergency has come up and I will not be able to make it tonight. I am so sorry to have to cancel last minute, but hope you understand and we can reschedule some time soon. Are you available on Friday or Saturday?'
Would have covered it. He is not a mind reader. He is not in your head. 3 hours before IS pretty last minute. He does not know that if you hadn't been interested you would have just texted. Try thinking things through from other view points. Seriously if you listened without getting defensive you may actually find you have better luck communicating pleasantly with the next one!

3 hours is NOT last minute. Are you kidding me? 30 minutes is. Again, even if Iwanted to offer him an explanation, he completely started attacking me verbally and I couldn't even get a word in except for my last sentence saying buy bye before I hung up. And again, I did offer to reschedule so I don't understand why everyone keeps saying I didn't.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Someone that just wants to attack you for stupid reasons. Someone that may have a bad day. Sorry Himain....you will find a good one.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:02 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Neither of you are innocent. Yes, he way overreacted. No one is disagreeing with that. But, you flaked out 3 hours before the date. You may not think that's last minute, but 3 hours isn't exactly a whole lot of time. If that were me, I would have just moved on. No argument, blow up, or going apesh*t. Just move on. Flakiness to me is a dealbreaker, regardless of the reason. There's many fish in the sea.

The guy overreacted and is a tool himself. I'm not disagreeing with that, nor is anyone else. But you are just as guilty for flaking.
Sorry if I'm "flaking" to spend an evening with my very sick mother rather than meet a complete stranger who I can easily rearrage to in two days, then so be it.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
your first mistake was responding to his initial text.

your second mistake was carrying on any type of conversation with him at all. You do not need to defend your decision. It is apparent that this man has some pretty serious emotional issues.

I would strongly suggest that you do not respond to him further under any circumstances. *If* he threatens you in any way, whatsoever contact the authorities.

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
WTF is going on here??

So I sent an email to a guy yesterday saying exactly this:
Hey you. I saw your profile and was interetsted. I don't have exactly what you are looking for but I thought I'd drop you a line anyways. So is Match as exciting for you as it has been for me? LOL (signed name) (I accidentally inserted an extra T in interested. Simple typo error that I didn't see)

This is the response I get this morning:
You should probably spell-check your copy & paste e-mail before you send it out to a bunch of people you're "interetsted" in

My response: Excuse me? Wow, I accidentally inserted a letter and you turn around an insinuate things?? Why are you even on here?

Him: I insinuated what I did because your e-mail was so blatantly generic that I'm sure it was sent to a bunch of people, typo and all. And you're absolutely right, I've resorted to internet dating because of my inability to hit it off with a cat lady/CougarLife.com reject who struggles with spelling

I didn't even respond. WTF is that??? I mean unbelievable
The fact is, some people look only for highly educated people and figure if someone sends out a message such as yours--"anyways", typos, etc., they're either not very educated or don't care much what an impression they make. You've heard you have one chance to make a first good impression and your first impression online is the written word. However, maybe he's fed up with certain types of responses and lost his patience, but his response didn't deserve a rebuttal. I'd have just moved on quietly.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:05 PM

180 posts, read 408,931 times
sounds like the guy in the OP is a real jerk.....

i don't believe women on any dating website let alone a pay dating website will generally send out copy and paste mass emails like that.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:07 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
3 hours is NOT last minute.
Yeah it is. Further, if you actually were interested in meeting the guy, you would have told your mother you had plans, sick or not. He was a dick for acting like an idiot, but he's probably better off as you break plans at the drop of a hat. "Come eat dinner with us" is not a family emergency, you're allowed to have a life.

You're single because you justify your inconsiderate behavior.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:08 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,883 times
What a jackwagon.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
Sorry if I'm "flaking" to spend an evening with my very sick mother rather than meet a complete stranger who I can easily rearrage to in two days, then so be it.
You weren't flaking, but most guys who have heard the whole "something else came up" line will think you're flaking. If I were this guy and you said "I'm spending time with my sick mother" I would accept that and still want to go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships